Australia Australia - Lynette Dawson, 34, Sydney, Jan 1982 *Arrest* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did this call really take place? If a person really did phone the Northbridge Baths that afternoon, and another person answered the phone first, the person phoning would have to have been a female. So have they ever found out who took that phone call? The only person who would probably have made that call would have been Marilyn Dawson. If a man (such as Paul Dawson) actually made the call, it could have been planned for a definite time so that CD could have been waiting for the call and been near the phone at the time to answer it himself. Has this mystery ever been solved? Or did Chris just pretend he had taken a call from Lyn but there was no actual call?

Apparently, according to the podcast, the girls who worked in the kiosk are still trying to work out if any of them answered that phone call. The presumption being that the call would have come into the kiosk, and the kiosk worker would have had to get Chris to come to the phone.

Maya frequented Northbridge Baths at the time Lyn Dawson disappeared, and would often help out in the kiosk. She recalls seeing Chris Dawson there regularly, and that he was friendly and good-looking. Maya and her friends are exchanging emails now, trying to work out who might have answered the kiosk phone that Saturday, 36 years ago, when Chris Dawson said Lyn called to say she needed some time away. - Maya Sydney (podcast episode 6).

Nocookies
The Australian - December 5, 2018

hi @Estelle
im wondering what info and where to find it that makes you conclude joanne has implied LYN is buried in the bush?
I havent seen/read anything to suggest this.
as far as I know she told Damien to check the loose soil at bayview.

That info came from me, k-mac. I posted an article mentioning it within the last couple of days. Will see if I can find it again.

Yes, my post #172 in this thread. The way the article is written (exactly as I have quoted below) makes it seem that Joanne has provided new info, which has been corroborated by others .. and this leads police to believe Lyn is in a bush grave.

BBM
The Daily Telegraph can reveal that Joanne Curtis, who moved into the family’s Bayview home two days after Lyn Dawson, 33, went missing in 1982, has revealed fresh information which led to Dawson’s arrest on the Gold Coast yesterday.
She is one of a raft of witnesses, both old and new, who police said helped “tie the pieces of the puzzle together”.
They now believe her body is buried in a lonely bush grave.
“They corroborate Joanne’s evidence,” a senior police source said of the fellow witnesses.
We’re for Sydney | Daily Telegraph
Daily Telegraph - December 6, 2018

Last edited:
With Chris Dawson’s Arrest in Sydney Killing, Others Break Silence on Teacher Misconduct

The police have arrested Chris Dawson, 70, and on Thursday he was charged in Sydney with the homicide of his wife. It was an “important step forward” toward justice for the Dawson family.
It's always interesting seeing international articles.

While I haven't watched the show or read the book I found this quite interesting. It seems some of the Northern Beaches may have a bit of a reputation. Part of this may go with the terminology "Insular Peninsula".

"The Dawsons lived in the Northern Beaches district, a suburb of Sydney known for its oceanfront real estate and wealthy residents — and as the original setting for Liane Moriarty’s novel turned TV show, “Big Little Lies,” which depicts domestic violence."

That info came from me, k-mac. I posted an article mentioning it within the last couple of days. Will see if I can find it again.

Yes, my post #172 in this thread. The way the article is written (exactly as I have quoted below) makes it seem that Joanne has provided new info, which has been corroborated by others .. and this leads police to believe Lyn is in a bush grave.

BBM
The Daily Telegraph can reveal that Joanne Curtis, who moved into the family’s Bayview home two days after Lyn Dawson, 33, went missing in 1982, has revealed fresh information which led to Dawson’s arrest on the Gold Coast yesterday.
She is one of a raft of witnesses, both old and new, who police said helped “tie the pieces of the puzzle together”.
“They corroborate Joanne’s evidence,” a senior police source said of the fellow witnesses.
thanks SA much appreciated.
I missed this article with stupid paywall then loose track of what you missed

I figured it came from somewhere! :) x

thanks SA much appreciated.
I missed this article with stupid paywall then loose track of what you missed

I figured it came from somewhere! :) x

Justice for Lynette
PressReader.com - Connecting People Through News

Police believe she was murdered in the house and her body which has not been found buried in bush in Sydney's north.There are some broad work theories Comm Fuller said about the location of the remains.

Justice for Lynette

Police believe she was murdered in the house and her body which has not been found buried in bush in Sydney's north.There are some broad work theories Comm Fuller said about the location of the remains.
thanks soso!
Id read the police now believe she is in a bush grave but I hadn't seen it documented about joannes new information supporting such.o_O

No surprises here ...... I guess they just do not get how angry many people are.

Police are investigating threatening emails and phone calls made to the brother and lawyer of Chris Dawson, who has been charged with the cold case murder of his wife Lynette.

The high-profile case that has attracted international notoriety with the success of The Teacher’s Pet podcast took the latest sinister twist after Dawson’s arrest last week.

Since then, his older brother Peter Dawson, and Dawson’s lawyer Greg Walsh, have received “filthy” emails and threatening phone calls.

Chris Dawson, 70, is being held in strict protection in jail for his own safety as he prepares to apply for bail on Friday.

Peter Dawson said most of the emails and calls were about what should happen to him and Mr Walsh and what should be done to his brother in jail.
“It’s mostly what they are going to do … and that I should be included in jail.”

His brother’s application for bail at Sydney’s Central Local Court is expected to be a lengthy hearing as it is being opposed by the prosecution.

Police investigate threats to Chris Dawson’s brother and lawyer
The Daily Telegraph - 11 Dec 2018

Last edited:
No surprises here ...... I guess they just do not get how angry many people are.

Police are investigating threatening emails and phone calls made to the brother and lawyer of Chris Dawson, who has been charged with the cold case murder of his wife Lynette.

The high-profile case that has attracted international notoriety with the success of The Teacher’s Pet podcast took the latest sinister twist after Dawson’s arrest last week.

Since then, his older brother Peter Dawson, and Dawon’s lawyer Greg Walsh, have received “filthy” emails and threatening phone calls.

Chris Dawson, 70, is being held in strict protection in jail for his own safety as he prepares to apply for bail on Friday.

Peter Dawson said most of the emails and calls were about what should happen to him and Mr Walsh and what should be done to his brother in jail.
“It’s mostly what they are going to do … and that I should be included in jail.”

His brother’s application for bail at Sydney’s Central Local Court is expected to be a lengthy hearing as it is being opposed by the prosecution.

Forever the victims. I do not believe at all that anyone is emailing Peter Dawson.

Forever the victims. I do not believe at all that anyone is emailing Peter Dawson.

I had that same thought. The article goes on to say that the emails and phone calls (messages) happen after hours, are from men, and go to his female staff as well.

Evidently, it is enough to keep Chris in protective custody.
roll-eye-smiley.gif

I had that same thought. The article goes on to say that the emails and phone calls (messages) happen after hours, are from men, and go to his female staff as well.

Evidently, it is enough to keep Chris in protective custody.
roll-eye-smiley.gif

;)
Mr Dawson said his staff are not paid to listen to this. It is not part of their job.
The e-mails were littered with the c and f words.

Nocookies
The Teacher’s Pet: Police investigate threatening emails sent to the brother and lawyer of Chris Dawson
SASCHA O’SULLIVAN
CADET JOURNALIST

;)
Mr Dawson said his staff are not paid to listen to this. It is not part of their job.
The e-mails were littered with the c and f words.

Nocookies
The Teacher’s Pet: Police investigate threatening emails sent to the brother and lawyer of Chris Dawson
SASCHA O’SULLIVAN
CADET JOURNALIST
People in a workplace deserve to be kept in a safe environment. I don't doubt it's happening. Emails can be traceable. I don't know the mechanics of it. Let get justice for Lyn go through the proper channels.

The police could have investigated without the media attention.

It does seem though, these are distractions occurring to counter the effects of the podcast.

The repeat of the Antiques Roadshow suggestion.

The missing ex Mother in Law who was reported missing but it didn't make the media perhaps because she didn't just leave at the time, she had already left and was living in a boarding house. She did not want to be found for whatever reason. A lot different to someone prepared to go to marriage counselling.

"Mr Dawson said his first wife's parents had split up and she along with her brother and sister used to visit their mother Marcia, who was living in a boarding house at Narwee.

One morning in about 1960 when she was aged nine, his first wife knocked on the door of the boarding house and was told her mother had gone.

"She never heard from her again," Mr Dawson said."

Mr Dawson said his first wife's parents had split up and she along with her brother and sister used to visit their mother Marcia, who was living in a boarding house at Narwee.

One morning in about 1960 when she was aged nine, his first wife knocked on the door of the boarding house and was told her mother had gone.

"She never heard from her again," Mr Dawson said.

Police are investigating threatening emails and phone calls made to the brother and lawyer of Chris Dawson, who has been charged with the

cold case murder of his wife Lynette.

Since then, his older brother Peter Dawson, and Dawson’s lawyer Greg Walsh, have received “filthy” emails and threatening phone calls.

I don't believe the threats. If they are legitimate, could be good grounds to deny bail with his safety a risk on the outside.

BBM

If like me, peeps are finding that everything is paywalled here is a PressReader version of that same article South Aussie posted previously.
All these Paywalls are doing my head in :mad:

Apologies if all ready posted. Just trying to help.

Peter sent 7 News a list of missing women all named in coronial inquests as possible Milat victims, suggesting Lyn could be too.......

Mr Dawson is also compiling cases of missing women like Marian Rees and Janina Woljcik, discovered decades later to have been runaways.

He is being held at Silverwater prison awaiting a bail hearing on Friday, but his family is also worried about his well-being, saying has his cell light is on 24 hours a day, he has no pillow or cutlery for food as authorities are apparently worried about possible self-harm.

However his family says there is no chance of that as he intends to fight the charges and win.

Chris Dawson’s family reveal Ivan Milat theory after murder charge

Peter sent 7 News a list of missing women all named in coronial inquests as possible Milat victims, suggesting Lyn could be too.......

Mr Dawson is also compiling cases of missing women like Marian Rees and Janina Woljcik, discovered decades later to have been runaways.

He is being held at Silverwater prison awaiting a bail hearing on Friday, but his family is also worried about his well-being, saying has his cell light is on 24 hours a day, he has no pillow or cutlery for food as authorities are apparently worried about possible self-harm.

However his family says there is no chance of that as he intends to fight the charges and win.

Chris Dawson’s family reveal Ivan Milat theory after murder charge
Oh FGS, they are really clutching at straws.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jkn1989