Australia Australia - Lynette Dawson, 34, Sydney, Jan 1982 *Arrest* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah Troops it's called Real Life.
Here's Gittany's girlfriend Gimmi-a-light Rach.
Bwahahah & she's selling Real Life.
59b0f226-b1d3-4d5b-bfc9-d1fd9b4edc6f.jpg

Good find TGY
Wasn't she doing Law? she did show up at a few unrelated court cases that being Gordon Woods and can't remember the others.

Murder case against Chris Dawson hinges on detectives proving he created alleged 'false leads' | Daily Mail Online

Mr Walsh made the remark outside Sydney's Central Local Court this week after Dawson's older brother Peter said his mother-in-law had disappeared.

Peter, 72, told The Daily Telegraph his former mother-in-law went missing in the 1960s, but it was later revealed she fled to New Zealand, where she remarried.

Mr Walsh said the fact that the woman disappeared for all that time, only to reappear proves sometimes people just decide to leave and walk out.

'It happens all the time,' Mr Walsh said.

Peter, a former barrister who practices as a solicitor, said that after his first wife's parents split up when she was a child, she would visit her mother with her siblings at a boarding house in Narwee, in southern Sydney.

Dawson's brother said one day in about 1960, his first wife - who was aged nine at the time - was told by someone at the boarding house that her mother was gone.

The woman simply vanished, until it was later revealed she had fled to New Zealand, which didn't require a passport to do so in those days, he said.

'She did not contact her family, did not contact the kids, did not contact her husband,' Mr Dawson said.

'We don't know where Lyn is. I hope she is living happily somewhere in the world.'

BBM, wonder why he is no longer practicing as a barrister?

I seriously hope that someone is checking and double checking anything Peter Dawson has to say. He's a 'throw it all at the wall and see what sticks' man.

https://www.smh.com.au/entertainmen...ure-of-chris-dawson-case-20181207-p50ky1.html

Could success of Teacher's Pet podcast be failure of Chris Dawson case?
the 27 million downloads annoys me.
its a misrepresentation of truth.
ok lets look it this in real time.
we all have listened to every episode. AT LEAST once each.
16 episodes. I personally can say I am accountable for possibly 25-30 of those downloads.
its not like 27 million different people have listened to the poddy.
doubt it would even reach a million. (not that a million is small pickings. )

just sayin!!

the 27 million downloads annoys me.
its a misrepresentation of truth.
ok lets look it this in real time.
we all have listened to every episode. AT LEAST once each.
16 episodes.
Then there's people like me (and I would think there's plenty of others too) who have never heard of Teacher's Pet until now and have absolutley no idea what it is or what it is about...

Not to mention the affirmative action on gender equality expressed by 100% of associates being women.

I see not many got my sarcasm here.

Pardon quoting myself, but rarely is there the premise, of Narsasistic supply for twins.

Paul has 100% female employees in his law practice. It is doubtful this is a result of “merit” due respect to our female learned friends.

Chris has engaged his student as a baby sitter, perhaps as a source of narsistic supply.

Normally there is only one narsistic personality disorder, but is it possible we have a twin disorder?

My own opinion of course but, What does the DSM IV say about twins NPD?

The obstacles to convicting Chris Dawson of his wife's murder

Sally Rawsthorne & Sarah Keoghan
4 hrs ago
The trial

Concerns about the trial’s fairness can be alleviated, sources say - it could be delayed, and a jury is always instructed to disregard what has been reported on the case.

Another possibility is a judge-only trial, which Mr Dawson’s lawyers would have to apply for, and is not guaranteed.

A jury trial would be a “disaster” for Mr Dawson, according to criminal lawyer Sam Macedone.

"Most people will have made up their mind before starting," he said. "You need a judge-only trial to ensure the case won't be affected by emotions."

University of Sydney Associate Professor Tyrone Kirchengast said that Mr Dawson's major downfall could be his suggestion of Lynette leaving to join a religious group, comparing it to Keli Lane's stumble over the name of Tegan's father - Andrew Norris or Andrew Morris.

"The suggestion that she dropped everything, including her two kids to go to a cult, could be the stumbling block,” he said.

If the case goes to a jury, he said, jurors are likely to be unsatisfied with circumstantial evidence.

"We call it the CSI effect - every jury wants to see the DNA evidence, evidence of blood or something that can give them ground for their decision," he said. "But in this case we have very limited evidence"

Prosecutors in the Lynette Dawson case face a long and arduous task proving she was killed by her husband.

Thirty-six years after the mother-of-two was last seen, there is still nobody, and all the evidence against Chris Dawson is circumstantial.

And an award-winning podcast, downloaded by millions of people, has made the missing woman a household name - leaving armchair experts baying for his blood, but also raising legal concerns over Mr Dawson's right to a fair trial.

Last edited:

Prosecutors in the Lynette Dawson case face a long and arduous task proving she was killed by her husband.

Thirty-six years after the mother-of-two was last seen, there is still nobody, and all the evidence against Chris Dawson is circumstantial.

And an award-winning podcast, downloaded by millions of people, has made the missing woman a household name - leaving armchair experts baying for his blood, but also raising legal concerns over Mr Dawson's right to a fair trial.

well it would be helpful if the media stopped giving air time to a whole lot of air filled nothings coming from a desperate defence.
creating doubt is all they have to do.

there is nothing doubtful here.
two police task forces, two coroners inquest recommendations...…

and better improved witness statements .
LETS NOT FORGET THE JEWEL IN THE CROWN THIS TIME

chris dawsons 'lost' first contradictory police statement :):)

not this time. they got his number solid :cool:

Nocookies

The Teacher’s Pet: Chris Dawson and the curse of justice delayed

It can happen to teachers anywhere. They’re out in public and run into someone from the past, from school. It happened to Chris Dawson midair on Thursday.

High above the ground, in seat 30A in the far back corner of a Boeing 737-800, Dawson saw a flash of recognition pass over the face of a flight attendant.

“Your brother taught me at school,” he said as he served Dawson a breakfast quiche and can of Coke.

A brief conversation confirmed that Dawson’s twin, Paul, taught the attendant on Sydney’s northern beaches. Back then, the Dawson twins were not only teachers but celebrity footballers, turning heads wherever they went with their identical muscular builds, blond hair and confident auras.

“That’s lovely,” Dawson replied, according to a witness to the exchange.

snip

Since his calm arrest at his Gold Coast investment property

Dawson, whose main home is in Coolum on Queensland’s Sunshine Coast, wants to wait at the home of one of his brothers in Sydney while the wheels of justice turn. Bail is almost never granted on the most serious crime in the book; the risk is too high of flight or interference with witnesses.

Dawson’s age and clean criminal history will be in his favour. He’ll say there’s no risk of reoffending. His strongest argument may be that he’s had almost 37 years to flee, and never did.

But then, he’s also never been charged with murder before.

snip

Senior legal observers tell Inquirer they expect that in the months ahead Dawson will apply for a permanent stay of the proceedings so he never faces trial.

The prosecution, to be led by the DPP’s deputy senior crown prosecutor, Craig Everson, will have powerful counter-arguments.

snip

If a permanent stay is rejected, Dawson may seek a temporary one to delay the prosecution for years, until a jury’s memories have dimmed. Delay could certainly be tempting for Dawson if he’s successful in securing bail.

Nocookies

The Teacher’s Pet: Chris Dawson and the curse of justice delayed

It can happen to teachers anywhere. They’re out in public and run into someone from the past, from school. It happened to Chris Dawson midair on Thursday.

High above the ground, in seat 30A in the far back corner of a Boeing 737-800, Dawson saw a flash of recognition pass over the face of a flight attendant.

“Your brother taught me at school,” he said as he served Dawson a breakfast quiche and can of Coke.

A brief conversation confirmed that Dawson’s twin, Paul, taught the attendant on Sydney’s northern beaches. Back then, the Dawson twins were not only teachers but celebrity footballers, turning heads wherever they went with their identical muscular builds, blond hair and confident auras.

“That’s lovely,” Dawson replied, according to a witness to the exchange.

snip

Since his calm arrest at his Gold Coast investment property

Dawson, whose main home is in Coolum on Queensland’s Sunshine Coast, wants to wait at the home of one of his brothers in Sydney while the wheels of justice turn. Bail is almost never granted on the most serious crime in the book; the risk is too high of flight or interference with witnesses.

Dawson’s age and clean criminal history will be in his favour. He’ll say there’s no risk of reoffending. His strongest argument may be that he’s had almost 37 years to flee, and never did.

But then, he’s also never been charged with murder before.

snip

Senior legal observers tell Inquirer they expect that in the months ahead Dawson will apply for a permanent stay of the proceedings so he never faces trial.

The prosecution, to be led by the DPP’s deputy senior crown prosecutor, Craig Everson, will have powerful counter-arguments.

snip

If a permanent stay is rejected, Dawson may seek a temporary one to delay the prosecution for years, until a jury’s memories have dimmed. Delay could certainly be tempting for Dawson if he’s successful in securing bail.

I notice also in that article that Homicide squad commander Detective Superintendent Scott Cook did not know there was a conflict of interest with Lloyd Babb.
"Cook didn’t know, until it was revealed in the podcast series, that Babb had declared a conflict of interest and could have nothing to do with the case because Dawson was his rugby league coach at Sydney’s Asquith Boys High School. Babb had been school captain, and Dawson a teacher there. Responsibility for the sensitive Dawson matter had been quietly transferred to a deputy within the Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jdogcatfish