Still Missing Australia - Lynette Dawson, 34, Sydney, Jan 1982 *Arrest* #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm, I wonder who could have assisted him?

The Crown alleges on or about January 8 that year, Dawson alone or with another person or persons murdered his wife and, possibly with assistance, disposed of her body at an unknown location.
If I had a body to dispose of at the height of NSW summer and I did not have a hidden grave ready to use I know where I'd go if I were a strong swimmer. Do any readers know if Chris had a surfboard ? - it's all relevant.

It's interesting that the crown is alleging that others might well have assisted. I 'm wondering if this could be pre planning for a plea deal if he's found guilty - "give us Paul and we can give you a discount". [Give us that swine Peter and we'll go even lower]

Opening the trial on Monday, crown prosecutor Craig Everson SC said Dawson, 73, had called his wife Lynette Dawson a "fat and ugly ....." and had entered into a consensual relationship with one of his students, known only as JC, repeatedly asking her to marry him.
He can't go much lower

Nothing now till Monday meh!

Following legal argument on Wednesday, Justice Ian Harrison said the trial of Chris Dawson, 73, would resume on Monday.

A friend and neighbour of Lynette Dawson, who disappeared from her Sydney home in 1982, will be the first witness in her ex-husband's murder trial.

The Supreme Court was told that Julie Andrew will be the first witness, followed by Ms Dawson's sister Patricia Jenkins.

The cold case gained a high profile through The Teacher's Pet podcast in 2018 and 2019.

A court order preventing mention of the podcast in connection with Dawson's prosecution, was lifted on Tuesday.

The Front is a podcast of the Australiam Newspaper. Not exclusively on the trial but they will be covering it there. I searched under Apple podcasts and found it there. Red with white writing

Last edited by a moderator:

A friend and neighbour of Lynette Dawson, who disappeared from her Sydney home in 1982, will be the first witness in her ex-husband's murder trial.

The Supreme Court was told that Julie Andrew will be the first witness, followed by Ms Dawson's sister Patricia Jenkins.Dawson

The cold case gained a high profile through The Teacher's Pet podcast in 2018 and 2019.

A court order preventing mention of the podcast in connection with Dawson's prosecution, was lifted on Tuesday.

I think that Julie Andrew (based on a 2018 article) is likely to testify that Dawson never asked her if she had seen or heard from Lyn - despite him putting an ad in the paper and saying that he had asked everyone if they had seen Lyn.

Julie also expressed relief that Dawson had been arrested (in another 2018 article) and said that "She didn’t leave her kids, and her kids will know that.”

The Teachers Pet..The Front is available. Covering the trial of Chris Dawson with daily updates.

Thanks for the heads-up! I will be sure to tune in each day.

My hopes for this trial is that the guilty party(s) will be imprisoned for life and that he/they will let Lynette's children know where her body is so that she can be laid to rest. They've waited so long. They've been through unspeakable trauma in their lives.

New podcast by the Australian called The Teacher's Trial

Episode 1 is up

Two of Australia’s most experienced crime reporters, David Murray and Matthew Condon, who will both be in the courtroom for the duration of the five-week hearing, will anchor The Teacher’s Trial. The first episode is now available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member