GUILTY Australia - Lynette Dawson, 34, Sydney, Jan 1982 *Arrest* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to know of any trips out to sea, or anywhere where there is a large enough body of water, like a lake or a dam.

Look at all the bodies starting to be found at Lake Mead in the US.

Lyn's body could be weighted down somewhere :(
I'm fairly sure that Life Guards at swimming pools/beaches are well trained to save lives in water. It stands to reason that they would also be well trained about the greatest hazards to life related to water. They may be well qualified to "disappear" a person's body permanently in the ocean.
They are just not able to "disappear" her soul or her spirit or her essence. That lives on.

Apologies if this has already been answered before but if Lyn Dawson was supposed to be alive and well and living somewhere in Australia, what happened to her share of the divorce settlement? Wouldn’t it have to be put into an account for her to access if she ever returned ?

Apologies if this has already been answered before but if Lyn Dawson was supposed to be alive and well and living somewhere in Australia, what happened to her share of the divorce settlement? Wouldn’t it have to be put into an account for her to access if she ever returned ?
My favourite subject, Steph. Dawson , with the help of his solicitor brother, got the lot. Lynn's father had lent them $10.000.00 for the house, a not inconsiderable sum in those days, he got nothing back. Lynn was portrayed as a runaway wife, to be punished by the law for running away. How he got away with evading his father in law's loan is anyone's guess.

His , and Lynn's daughters were left out of her estate as well. They were entitled to 1/4 each of their mothers assets,

The law was certainly bent on this occasion, as the only condition that seemed satisfactory to the Family Court was an ad in the paper , Dawson asking Lynn to return home. Which would have been mighty uncomfy since her bed was already occupied.

It has always been a mystery to me how those brothers got away with the dispersal of a joint asset, but get away with it, Dawson did. In spades, not even her jewelry , her wedding ring went to her daughters. Dawson altered the setting and gave it to Joanne. He got it all.

My favourite subject, Steph. Dawson , with the help of his solicitor brother, got the lot. Lynn's father had lent them $10.000.00 for the house, a not inconsiderable sum in those days, he got nothing back. Lynn was portrayed as a runaway wife, to be punished by the law for running away. How he got away with evading his father in law's loan is anyone's guess.

His , and Lynn's daughters were left out of her estate as well. They were entitled to 1/4 each of their mothers assets,

The law was certainly bent on this occasion, as the only condition that seemed satisfactory to the Family Court was an ad in the paper , Dawson asking Lynn to return home. Which would have been mighty uncomfy since her bed was already occupied.

It has always been a mystery to me how those brothers got away with the dispersal of a joint asset, but get away with it, Dawson did. In spades, not even her jewelry , her wedding ring went to her daughters. Dawson altered the setting and gave it to Joanne. He got it all.

I know that the relationship between siblings, can be strong...

I can't help but think about...how devoted Peter has been to defend Chris....perplexing, for me...especially since the twin, Paul, has been virtually silent in defending Chris until this trial....its up to the prosecution to prove guilt of course ... but..its almost as if Peter...

I wonder sometimes what secrets Lyn held that couldn't be allowed to be in the open...

Last edited:
I would like to think that Joanne has given any of Lynn's belongings which she may have, including jewellery, to her daughters. Even at this late stage.

1 sleep!
It’s currently 6.26am on Monday 29th August. Verdict day starts 10am tomorrow, Tuesday 30th August. Just over 27 hours to go…

Oh, thank you for that clear report. I'll be sure to have an afternoon nap so I can stay up and hear it from this other side of the planet. Do we know if and where there will be live-streaming, or live reporting?

Oh, thank you for that clear report. I'll be sure to have an afternoon nap so I can stay up and hear it from this other side of the planet. Do we know if and where there will be live-streaming, or live reporting?
No word yet, that I know of anyway… I’m in Brisbane and it’ll be in Sydney so I think I’ll be hanging on social media and news reports, especially those published by The Australian as to the update. We may find tomorrow a link posted on the court website but not sure… nerve wracking alright!

Chris Dawson was visited by daughter Shanelle yesterday - see pictures in article.

Look out for Dawson to play the 'I'm in too poor a health to go to prison' card if found guilty. Or will he appeal first, then play the poor health card?

Last edited:
It's interesting that Shanelle visited Chris. In the podcast she was very much non committal as to his guilt and seemed to just want to live her simple life. I guess facing the outcome of this being the last time she will be able to freely interact with her Dad gave her the drive to make the long journey North to the Sunny Coast. I really feel for her. I wonder how Sherryn is feeling as she was always a staunch supporter of her father.

My thoughts are with all of Lyn's extended family holding their breath for a just outcome tomorrow after all these years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmyMay