ACTIVE SEARCH Australia. Man wanted after pouring hot coffee on baby in park, Brisbane, Queensland. 27th August 2024

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks Dotta, yes the Daily Mail said it was a thermos.

He doesn't seem to be carrying it. So where is it ?

Discarded after the attack IMO.

Sadly, I suspect MH issues.

On more positive note,
one of my classmates in Primary School was burnt by hot boiling water on the face and chest when she was a baby.
(That's what she told us)

No traces remained.
Babies' skin renews miraculously.

JMO

Last edited:
much better quality photo of suspect from police at this link
Police release new photos in search for man after hot coffee poured on baby at Brisbane park
132ea045c3ad89c7be42e3e4b4efbdf4
I would imagine the fact that he is still carrying his phone and they can track his movements after the attack from the various footage now obtained, it won't be long until he is identified.

Discarded after the attack IMO.

Sadly, I suspect MH issues.

On more positive note,
one of my classmates in Primary School was burnt by hot boiling water on the face and chest when she was a baby.
(That's what she told us)

No traces remained.
Babies' skin renews miraculously.

JMO

My DD ironed her own thigh when she was about 10. She was "just ironing these (very thin) pants, mum" ... while she was wearing them. I could even see the steam holes of the iron imprinted on her thigh. And she didn't tell anyone, until we saw the wound weeping through the pants.

I took her to the medical centre for dressing and re-dressing every morning for about two weeks. Sometimes the wound had to be scraped. She was very brave.

Then we used a special cream they prescribed after that. And she has no scar at all.

As you say, young skin can heal beautifully with proper treatment.

My DD ironed her own thigh when she was about 10. She was "just ironing these (very thin) pants, mum" ... while she was wearing them. I could even see the steam holes of the iron imprinted on her thigh. And she didn't tell anyone, until we saw the wound weeping through the pants.

I took her to the medical centre for dressing and re-dressing every morning for about two weeks. Sometimes the wound had to be scraped. She was very brave.

Then we used a special cream they prescribed after that. And she has no scar at all.

As you say, young skin can heal beautifully with proper treatment.
Boiling liquids can do incredible damage to young children that does leave lasting damage.

One of my dearest high school friends pulled a just-boiled kettle down on himself when he was three. This was in the eighties, before the laws restricting the length of cables for appliances like that. He spent at least six months in the burns unit (it might have been as long as a year, I can't recall) and still had significant scarring to one shoulder that would tear if his school backpack was too heavy as a teenager. He had other scarring from skin grafts and stretch marks from the steroids he had to take.

What made the burns on his shoulder the worst wasn't just that it was where the liquid hit, it was the fact that the fabric of his clothing absorbed and held the liquid there, in that place, increasing the damage of the burn. The steam burns to his face were bad but healed without visible scarring by the time I knew him. He will have the scars on his shoulder and torso for life.

It sounds like this child was not burned as severely as my friend, but I thought it worth talking about because the circumstances surrounding a burn can greatly impact outcomes. It sounds like the liquid was not as hot (probable, given it was a thermos, not a boiling kettle), or they stripped the wet clothing off the baby as quickly as possible, limiting the damage.

MOO

“My baby boy didn’t deserve this, no one does. I wish he poured the hot coffee all over me and not my boy,” the baby’s mother posted to social media.

“Please if anyone has any CCTV footage around the Lincoln street / Regina street in stones corner please speak to police. This man needs to be found and charged.

“Thank you to all the lovely people at the park for pouring water on him and for the lady who took us to her apartment so we could get him in a cold shower asap.”

New images shared by Luka’s mum show the youngster wrapped in bandages and compression garments and holding a rattle as he continues to recover in hospital.

I wonder what kind of surgery they are doing, as he is not yet having skin grafts. Maybe debridement. They would likely want to knock a baby out for that.
Poor little guy. :(

"After surgery on Friday, the family will find out if the toddler needs skin grafts." (from your link)

"Movements of man wanted over scalding attack in Brisbane park revealed.

In the hours after the attack,
the man then travelled to a church in Tarragindi
and changed his clothes outside.

He then caught a rideshare car into the centre of Brisbane
before moving onto Caxton Street.

Police canvassed those areas today.

Parents at Hanlon Park,
where the attack took place,
have been on high alert.

The baby took his first steps just hours before the attack.
Today in hospital,
he tried again, to his parents' delight."

1724934624039.png

Last edited:
1724934390401.png
'The alleged attacker was wearing a black and blue checked long-sleeve shirt, khaki-colored shorts, black sneakers, a black hat and black-framed reading glasses.'
“This man was standing above him, behind him, and poured a Thermos of hot coffee over him. He just started screaming,” she told the program Wednesday night.

Mazza said she tried to chase the man but he was “very fast,” and she tripped while attempting to keep up.''

“I removed him from his mom and we laid him down on the picnic rug and we peeled his clothes away, which revealed the peeling of his skin, his skin had started to blister.”
1724934523216.png

"Distinguished criminal psychologist

suggests possible motives behind 'vicious' attack on Brisbane baby with hot coffee.

Dr Watson-Munro said the 'disturbed behaviour' demonstrated a
'clear intention to harm the child'.

'I think you’re dealing with someone who potentially has a hatred of children and babies.
The evidence suggests he did know what he was doing.
It was not normal behaviour, it’s vicious'.

He said a factor may have been
'attention seeking' behaviour,
if the alleged offender anticipated the immense media coverage of the story.

'That’s the paradox,
they want the attention,
they don’t want to be caught',
he said."

"Movements of man wanted over scalding attack in Brisbane park revealed.

In the hours after the attack,
the man then travelled to a church in Tarragindi
and changed his clothes outside.

He then caught a rideshare car into the centre of Brisbane
before moving onto Caxton Street.

Police canvassed those areas today.

Parents at Hanlon Park,
where the attack took place,
have been on high alert.

The baby took his first steps just hours before the attack.
Today in hospital,
he tried again, to his parents' delight."

View attachment 527689

Jumping off my own post :)

Isn't it strange that the perp had spare clothes for change?
:rolleyes:

It all seems premeditated.
Carrying thermos with hot liquid, clothes to change, taking taxi, etc.

Didn't he realize that all his movements were recorded by CCTV?

Is this Caxton St. far from the park?

JMO

1724944479114.png
"I'm positive that, if someone knows the person in that footage, they'll be able to identify them to us.
"If you know that person in that footage, or have any information whatsoever that can assist us, please contact police directly."
1724944195290.png

1724944126207.png

JMO
Agree, having a change of clothes conveniently located along the escape route he used suggests premeditation. Are the parents SURE they have never seen this man? Perhaps a neighborhood or work interaction? One that seemed brief and benign to them but left this person seeking to lash out or harm them?

Such an odd case.

JMO
I think it shows that was indeed premeditated, thought out, and not just a mentally ill, delusional person on the street.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FilmnoirFan75
Back