ACTIVE SEARCH Australia. Man wanted after pouring hot coffee on baby in park, Brisbane, Queensland. 27th August 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The suspect caught a ride share, so he possibly used phone apps to order the ride and pay for it.

His picture is clear as day.
He will be caught.

jmo

Wouldn't surprise me if the police now know his name, and are just trying to locate him. There likely wouldn't be too many people who wouldn't step up and identify him for harming a baby.

imo

Wouldn't surprise me if the police now know his name, and are just trying to locate him. There likely wouldn't be too many people who wouldn't step up and identify him for harming a baby.

imo
Given the clear videos and the fact he used a ride share, it is inconceivable that they don't know his identity. Is someone assisting him? What penalties are their for aiding a fugitive in Australia? Could he have already be in custody without a public announcement?

much better quality photo of suspect from police at this link
Police release new photos in search for man after hot coffee poured on baby at Brisbane park
132ea045c3ad89c7be42e3e4b4efbdf4
Looks like that cellphone in his hand will place him nicely, squarely at the scene!

IMO
The attack was either personal/revenge on this particular family
Or
Also premeditated,
but a victim random.

a mentally disturbed perp who went prepared to attack whoever caught his eye.

He seems oblivious of city CCTV,
which IMO is very strange in this day and age.

Also allegedly using his phone to find a car/taxi while fleeing.

I think it might be the second option.
(MH issues, premeditated, on the prowl, random opportunistic victim)

He seemed to target this particular park,
some distance from the place he was later running/fleeing to.

But, of course, I could be totally wrong.
Just speculation.

JMO

Last edited:
The suspect caught a ride share, so he possibly used phone apps to order the ride and pay for it.

His picture is clear as day.
He will be caught.

jmo

Wouldn't surprise me if his fingerprints and DNA are all over the thermos, too. Thermoses tend to have smooth shiny exteriors, either metallic or painted, great surface for clean prints.

MOO

Given the clear videos and the fact he used a ride share, it is inconceivable that they don't know his identity. Is someone assisting him? What penalties are their for aiding a fugitive in Australia? Could he have already be in custody without a public announcement?

I would think that the police will announce when they have him in custody, after they notify the baby's family.

I only hope that this attack is not something he did before he left the country ... because he didn't seem very careful about being unidentifiable.

This does seem very calculated, especially bringing a thermos, so there is a larger volume of scalding hot fluid. I think it's unlikely he would have purchased that much coffee or hot water. Rather, he has access to some place where he can heat water or such to a boiling point to put in the thermos.

I wonder if there have been any acid attacks in the general area? This kind of apparent stranger attack could be a preliminary to acid or caustic attacks.

This does seem very calculated, especially bringing a thermos, so there is a larger volume of scalding hot fluid. I think it's unlikely he would have purchased that much coffee or hot water. Rather, he has access to some place where he can heat water or such to a boiling point to put in the thermos.

I wonder if there have been any acid attacks in the general area? This kind of apparent stranger attack could be a preliminary to acid or caustic attacks.
I assume it would have been obvious to the witnesses if it was straight water. Coffee has such a distinct strong smell and colour. I don't know of any cafe that would fill a thermos, it's such a large volume, and even if they did do it, it would be a memorable order for the barista. I'm guessing he made it at home, with a plug in kettle, and poured the water in the flask the moment it came to the boil. Instant coffee, since grounds would take time to brew outside of the thermos, during which time the water would start to cool down.

I haven't heard of any acid attacks recently in Australia, and I think they would have been big news if any had happened. Especially if it was a random attack. Those get a lot of air and page time.

MOO

He may have made the coffee at home.
But he could also have worked at a retail food business that sold coffee.
He could also have been the owner of the business so had access to the means of filling the thermos.

He may have made the coffee at home.
But he could also have worked at a retail food business that sold coffee.
He could also have been the owner of the business so had access to the means of filling the thermos.
Yes, and in all those cases someone should be able to recognize him.

Isn't it strange that the perp had spare clothes for change?
:rolleyes:

Interesting that the police haven't released any description of the clothes he changed into. They have worked out (or been told) who he is. imo

Now someone needs to tell the police where he is.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298
Back