Australia Australia - Marion Barter, 51, missing after trip to UK, Jun 1997 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I’m not watching it but these posts from you guys are enough! Ha. I’m hoping there will be a good summary I can read somewhere later. But if anything major happens please share here.
That is AMAZING that he knew her.

So this guy seems to have many false identities and multiple victims. Single women with money/property, etc. And he changed his name via deed poll sometime before June 1997. He left Australia in mid June 1997 for Japan, stating he was intending to return to Belgium for a bit. He returned to Australia on July 31st 1997.

Marion left June 22 1997 and returned August 1 1997.

So this guy seems to have many false identities and multiple victims. Single women with money/property, etc. And he changed his name via deed poll sometime before June 1997. He left Australia in mid June 1997 for Japan, stating he was intending to return to Belgium for a bit. He returned to Australia on July 31st 1997.

Marion left June 22 1997 and returned August 1 1997.
Ok so is this the FR that sally tracked down in Luxembourg? Same guy?? This is HUGE.

Blum has to have been listening to the podcast. I don’t think there was a pilot or a previous encounter with him when she was married. That story fits with storylines from the podcast. Too unbelievable that they “reconnected accidentally.” My opinion she met him from the remakel ad & knew him as Remakel. He was just a con man.

Blum has to have been listening to the podcast. I don’t think there was a pilot or a previous encounter with him when she was married. That story fits with storylines from the podcast. Too unbelievable that they “reconnected accidentally.” My opinion she met him from the remakel ad & knew him as Remakel. He was just a con man.
Agreed.

Wow - ok - I have to listen to all of this again but my first thought when he raised that "he looked like a pilot" was that he has been following the podcast / websleuth and chuck that in there.

so MR FR was an innocents victim of all this ?

Wow - ok - I have to listen to all of this again but my first thought when he raised that "he looked like a pilot" was that he has been following the podcast / websleuth and chuck that in there.

I'm a little confused, if someone can clear it up for me. They did say that Mr Blum's original name was Fernand Remakel and that he that name to take out the ad in the Courier Australien. And that he has changed his name multiple times since. Where did they say this Mr Blum is now living? Could it not still be the same man who is living in Luxembourg?

I'm a little confused, if someone can clear it up for me. They did say that Mr Blum's original name was Fernand Remakel and that he that name to take out the ad in the Courier Australien. And that he has changed his name multiple times since. Where did they say this Mr Blum is now living? Could it not still be the same man who is living in Luxembourg?

It sounds like we are being led (by Mr Blum) to assume that Marion changed her name to Remakel out of coincidence, right?

I agree re the 'pilot' thing. That's very convenient. Sounds like Mr Blum is trying to eschew responsibility for Marion by implicating someone else.

Seems he used many names.
They did not say that Fernand Remakel was his original name. They said he took out the ad using that name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Merythe