Australia Australia - Marion Barter, 51, missing after trip to UK, Jun 1997 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The man now known as R B has an extensive and veeery interesting file publicly available on the National Archives site. I won't link it here because the whole matter is ongoing but it is easy to find.

I hope the people who were so certain of Monsieur Remakel's guilt at least feel somewhat chastened by today's events. I'm fairly sure the podcast hosts won't but they may surprise me. Shame on them anyway for the way they acted towards him and his wife.

The man now known as R B has an extensive and veeery interesting file publicly available on the National Archives site. I won't link it here because the whole matter is ongoing but it is easy to find.

I hope the people who were so certain of Monsieur Remakel's guilt at least feel somewhat chastened by today's events. I'm fairly sure the podcast hosts won't but they may surprise me. Shame on them anyway for the way they acted towards him and his wife.

I think you will find they will offer an apology. Anyhow, let’s hope so!

ahh, I can’t find anything. Where did you search? Or could you PM me?

could you please put the link in the private chat, I cant find a result on the NAA lol !!!

What is utterly intriguing is how he came to find and use that FR name?

possibly a soccer fan or just a total coincidence ?

I don't believe for a second he is not involved otherwise how did Marion choose the name FNMR if she didn't know him by the FR name. hopefully they explain what names Marion knew him by because by all accounts the FR name wasn't on the radar until the 90's

Trendwest lead may have been correct - there was at least someone with a Remakel drivers license's in QLD

possibly a soccer fan or just a total coincidence ?

I don't believe for a second he is not involved otherwise how did Marion choose the name FNMR if she didn't know him by the FR name. hopefully they explain what names Marion knew him by because by all accounts the FR name wasn't on the radar until the 90's

Trendwest lead may have been correct - there was at least someone with a Remakel drivers license's in QLD

FR was hardly a famous footballer in the 60s outside of his native Luxembourg. I’m assuming the Swiss connection now plays a role? Agatha Christie couldn’t have invented this!

Hi sleuths. Just something to follow up on: a personal ad, possibly the gold coast bulletin, that Marion apparently put out in 1995 or 1996, to which RB/FR etc says he replied, starting their second relationship. He said he didn't realise it was Marion, so perhaps she used a pseudonym.

I said right from the start that it was likely that the lonely hearts ad in the newspaper would have been posted under a false name - a friend, relative, someone the person placing the advert had previously worked with.

Agree a FULL apology to the Luxembourg couple is in order. I do very much enjoy this podcast but the doorstepping of an elderly couple was awful.

Another lurker joining :-)

Thank you for taking the time to write down what happened during day 1. I'm so surprised. Did they say how they made the connection to RB? I'm not sure if I missed it. How was he discovered as a possible suspect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mygalacticmother