Australia Australia - Marion Barter, 51, missing after trip to UK, June 1997 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This gives a really good description of the whole property https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/37571761#/?channel=RES_BUY

And this seems to be written by a descendant of the owners The Manser family and Mottynsden Manor, Burwash
I think that's the Manor, not the Lodge, or more specifically a smaller flat in the lodge? See below.
It looks as if the Lodge has been in the same family for a while and maybe the associated Oast B&B still has visitor records. Have family details from Debrett's not sure if can post.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-03-05 at 11.42.22 AM.png
    Screenshot 2022-03-05 at 11.42.22 AM.png
    312.1 KB · Views: 38
This gives a really good description of the whole property https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/37571761#/?channel=RES_BUY

And this seems to be written by a descendant of the owners The Manser family and Mottynsden Manor, Burwash
I think that's the Manor, not the Lodge, or more specifically a smaller flat in the lodge? See below.
It looks as if the Lodge has been in the same family for a while and maybe the associated Oast B&B still has visitor records. Have family details from Debrett's not sure if can post.

Yes it mentions the outbuildings. It was just so people can get an idea of the property

Also, by the baptism record, they would have been there around 1984. The sale was 1995 so probably too late

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2334607/

I think it was a false path , so i will ignore thanks ,

Just confirming ..It was said she was a teacher ? Is that correct ?
And FR was also a teacher is that correct ?
I don’t know if she is a teacher.. I found a teacher in itzig posted a pic yesterday in this thread and a link to the school magazine.. coincidently there is also a Remakel associated with this school

The Lodge in the V family for many years: Mr Aka maybe rented smaller flat attached to Lodge in 1980' (see property report for Flat above). There's also a nearby Oast B & B to stay at for MB later on. MB given an itinerary of familiar places to stay at so that Mr Aka could be sure of where to contact her while he was back in continental Europe (attending to business and/or looking for a home) to advise of sudden need for money for purchase or other urgency (baseball bats...). MB maybe mostly travelled alone in UK: too risky to return to familiar haunts and be seen with new partner and also seems an impatient tour guide. But MB may have talked to someone where she stayed and mentioned how she found the place or left comment in visitor book to make connection. Burwash seems v. small town with lots of old families.
All IMO.

Last edited:
ADMIN REMINDERS:

Do not discuss other members. Everyone is here to discuss the case, not critique other members. Such posts are off topic and will be removed and there may be Warning Points issued or more serious consequences.

ALL images require a link to the source. No link, no post !!

Just because someone has the same name does not mean they are the same person. Do not post information about anyone unless you are 110% sure it is the intended person.

Thank you.

It looks to me as though it’s up a private road. It’s so secluded round there. How on earth did they come across such a property?

According to google maps it is only a 3min drive to a school on the other side of town and out lying neighbors surround the Manor as well .
IMO a perfect place to live in the manor born ...:)

Google Maps

Only 33 mins to Tunbridge Wells

Google Maps

Winchester Cathedral view along coastal path through Brighton " Portsmith " all roads with 3 hours of Tunbridge "

Google Maps

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members