Australia Australia - Marion Barter, 51, missing after trip to UK, June 1997 #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I took it that he was saying it because his house of cards came tumbling down.
He is all about him. No one else. If he had one once of decency and respect for his family, he would have pulled up stumps when they were born, but he just kept rolling on.
I hope they nailed him big time.
Thank god Sally kept ploughing through to eventually find this man.

I do wonder why he stayed with DdH and kids, when every other family he has left.

He clearly used DdH to get aus citizenship, which is obvious from the timeline.

he even had an Aus PPT issued in Bonn on 2/4/1981 and listed nil children, even though we know he had at least 3 at that time, including 1 with DdH!

and his travels show he was rarely home with them.

so why go back?

I do wonder why he stayed with DdH and kids, when every other family he has left.

He clearly used DdH to get aus citizenship, which is obvious from the timeline.

he even had an Aus PPT issued in Bonn on 2/4/1981 and listed nil children, even though we know he had at least 3 at that time, including 1 with DdH!

and his travels show he was rarely home with them.

so why go back?
And another one a few days off being born.

She provided a few great things for him.
MONEY
A Place to regroup
And it went with his plan.

Is anyone else trawling through the Belgium publications website?
http://WWW.KBR.BE

Would like some advice. I don't believe we can post any links from the site because you need to register to view the documents which have copyright limitations. Given WS forum needs a link, and the copyright issues would prevent that - I guess it’s off limits?

There are various simple public notices in the newspapers confirming details such as:
Death notice on 25-03-1943 for DD 37 years, a car driver in Templeuve, and husband to a MC.
Marriage notice on 05–04-1950 include an AW, a 26 year old army volunteer marrying a seamstress MC widow of a DD.
A conviction/imprisonment notice about WW for scams in 1969.

But there are plenty of interesting articles like a car collision involving a man with the name WW.

I’m new here, I presume these links can’t be shared?

Home • KBR

Would like some advice. I don't believe we can post any links from the site because you need to register to view the documents which have copyright limitations. Given WS forum needs a link, and the copyright issues would prevent that - I guess it’s off limits?

There are various simple public notices in the newspapers confirming details such as:
Death notice on 25-03-1943 for DD 37 years, a car driver in Templeuve, and husband to a MC.
Marriage notice on 05–04-1950 include an AW, a 26 year old army volunteer marrying a seamstress MC widow of a DD.

But there are plenty of interesting articles like a car collision involving a man with the name WW.

I don’t know the exact answer to your question sorry, but how interesting

maybe you could let people know what it is you searched or if there are any reference numbers for the records and then people could do their own searches.

Home • KBR

wow that’s interesting. I think would be the most solid indication that MC was actually married to a DD and AW (and dates aligning with RB story). Cuz with RB it’s hard to know if any of it is true. Of course RB may or may not be actually related to any of them ;)

Confession I can’t handle the dudes voice doing the voiceovers for RB in the last 2 eps of TLV.. trying to get past it.. but have yet to listen to the entire eps.. and I thought listening to the real guy during inquest was painful lol
I have family living in Armidale. I just checked the photos on my iPhone and found that I rode around that bike track with my son and grandson in July 2016, well before I found out about Marion's disappearance. Someone must have some evidence that places her in Armidale. I'm looking!
is the bike track you’re talking off in the pine forest?

Last edited:
I don’t know the exact answer to your question sorry, but how interesting

maybe you could let people know what it is you searched or if there are any reference numbers for the records and then people could do their own searches.

Thanks for the advice, I’ve only recently joined and don’t want to get kicked off for breaking the rules this early!

I’ve mostly been searching through the sub site:
https://www.belgicapress.be

First you must register with site.

Searches for MC, DD and WW will bring up the articles to browse.

DD death:
25-03-1943 Journal de Tournai, pg2

MC marriage to AW:
05–04-1950 Le Courrier de l'Escaut, pg2

WW conviction:
03-04-1969 Le Soir, pg4

Interesting car crash involving a WW:
12-02-1965 Le Soir, pg 4

There are MANY people with similar names in that part of the world so plenty of sifting is required. I have a stack to check through for date compatibility. Happy browsing.

wow that’s interesting. I think would be the most solid indication that MC was actually married to a DD and AW (and dates aligning with RB story). Cuz with RB it’s hard to know if any of it is true. Of course RB may or may not be actually related to any of them ;)
Wow proof of AW that’s exciting stuff

Thanks for the advice, I’ve only recently joined and don’t want to get kicked off for breaking the rules this early!

DD death:

MC marriage to AW:

WW conviction:
03-04-1969 Le Soir, pg4

12-02-1965 Le Soir, pg 4

There are MANY people with similar names in that part of the world so plenty of sifting is required. I have a stack to check through for date compatibility. Happy browsing.
This is great to be able to consolidate the connections. Thanks so much for sharing!

Confession I can’t handle the dudes voice doing the voiceovers for RB in the last 2 eps of TLV.. trying to get past it.. but have yet to listen to the entire eps.. and I thought listening to the real guy during inquest was painful lol

is the bike track you’re talking off in the pine forest?

Well it adjoins the pine forest. You can clearly see the trails at Google Maps

I can't quite remember but some trails possibly go through the pine forest as well.

D

DD death:

MC marriage to AW:

WW conviction:
03-04-1969 Le Soir, pg4

12-02-1965 Le Soir, pg 4

I noticed MC is not full C surname in the marriage announcement to AW coppeno for 1 of them the other is full name. Most likely typo

Last edited:
Well it adjoins the pine forest. You can clearly see the trails at Google Maps

I can't quite remember but some trails possibly go through the pine forest as well.
I think when communicating with SL at the time there was also mention of a creek and the only creek in the area was Dumaresq creek. I think there were trees beside the creek, Or near the creek.

DD death:

MC marriage to AW:

WW conviction:
03-04-1969 Le Soir, pg4

12-02-1965 Le Soir, pg 4

Thank you so much for finding this and also adding these details. It helped so much!
It has taken me ages to navigate around that site!! and translate it all ( oh how I was I studied more in French classes!)

I am fascinated that there is finally confirmation on the Abel W and MC marriage.

But I am even more fascinated by the dates and that RB at the inquest seemed to have told another truth by way of his mother collecting him at age 12 from the orphanage.
WW alleges he did schooling at orphanage until 1951. (he would be 12 yrs old). He said MC came to collect him after she married Wouters. ( 1950)

His conviction 03-04-1969 ties in with his "new business venture " RENOV PUBS and him being Admin Company Director.

At the inquest he says he was put in the orphanage as Willy Coppenolle - so I am still thinking about this ....perhaps MC brothers child and that would explain DdeH and RB saying brothers/ cousins.

BUT more importantly @CrossingToSafety these new dates have convinced me that DCOD - Desire Charles Octave David ( Don Juan) cannot possibly be Abel Wouters (as an alias.)
After driving everyone nuts with my theory on that I am sorry! :p:confused: The birth dates for both men are out by some 30 yrs !

And ( Don Juan ) was never going to be MC first husband, Desire Jean-Pierre Joseph David as he died in 1943 and Desire Charles Octave David (DCOD) died in 1972.

I have sssooo much information on that DCOD character and all of it parallels with RB as we know him today so I will share it when I get it in order. There is no doubt RB is emulating this characters life and has studied his activities for a long time. It is just too coincidental!

(It was what got me convinced that AW was just an alias for DCOD and him being RB father up until now because there was NOTHING at all on AW until now ).

So thanks Crossingtosafety! You cleared up that quagmire for me !

DD death:

MC marriage to AW:

WW conviction:
03-04-1969 Le Soir, pg4

12-02-1965 Le Soir, pg 4

Interesting conviction for FD
15-02-1968, Le Soir, p4

Last edited:
Thank you so much for finding this and also adding these details. It helped so much!
It has taken me ages to navigate around that site!! and translate it all ( oh how I was I studied more in French classes!)

I am fascinated that there is finally confirmation on the Abel W and MC marriage.

But I am even more fascinated by the dates and that RB at the inquest seemed to have told another truth by way of his mother collecting him at age 12 from the orphanage.
WW alleges he did schooling at orphanage until 1951. (he would be 12 yrs old). He said MC came to collect him after she married Wouters. ( 1950)

His conviction 03-04-1969 ties in with his "new business venture " RENOV PUBS and him being Admin Company Director.

At the inquest he says he was put in the orphanage as Willy Coppenolle - so I am still thinking about this ....perhaps MC brothers child and that would explain DdeH and RB saying brothers/ cousins.

BUT more importantly @CrossingToSafety these new dates have convinced me that DCOD - Desire Charles Octave David ( Don Juan) cannot possibly be Abel Wouters (as an alias.)
After driving everyone nuts with my theory on that I am sorry! :p:confused: The birth dates for both men are out by some 30 yrs !

And ( Don Juan ) was never going to be MC first husband, Desire Jean-Pierre Joseph David as he died in 1943 and Desire Charles Octave David (DCOD) died in 1972.

I have sssooo much information on that DCOD character and all of it parallels with RB as we know him today so I will share it when I get it in order. There is no doubt RB is emulating this characters life and has studied his activities for a long time. It is just too coincidental!

(It was what got me convinced that AW was just an alias for DCOD and him being RB father up until now because there was NOTHING at all on AW until now ).

So thanks Crossingtosafety! You cleared up that quagmire for me !

Glad you’re enjoying the info on that site mishy66. Such a shame it can’t be just uploaded as snapshots.

Here’s my favourite so far from the Belgium Press website:

9-02-1936 Courrier de L’Escout, pg6
A building worker named DD living in Tournai is sentenced to 15 days in prison for stealing….. a ferret.

Is something up with my google translation?!!!! I hope not, that story is too good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scyna0895