Australia Australia - Marion Barter, 51, missing after trip to UK, June 1997 #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say so too. As one of them translated to MC being 86 at the time of marriage:D
Have you gone down the DD hole … lots of stuff on ‘dodgy D’ but an interesting one from 1936 DD..my French is non existent but something to do with 15 days jail and a feret and I don’t think it’s relating to Dodgy D

Glad you’re enjoying the info on that site mishy66. Such a shame it can’t be just uploaded as snapshots.

Here’s my favourite so far from the Belgium Press website:

9-02-1936 Courrier de L’Escout, pg6
A building worker named DD living in Tournai is sentenced to 15 days in prison for stealing….. a ferret.

Is something up with my google translation?!!!! I hope not, that story is too good.
Haha I just got the same translation!

Glad you’re enjoying the info on that site mishy66. Such a shame it can’t be just uploaded as snapshots.

A building worker named DD living in Tournai is sentenced to 15 days in prison for stealing….. a ferret.

Is something up with my google translation?!!!! I hope not, that story is too good.
The good thing about this one is it isn’t the other DD.. ‘octave’

hahahahaa! Oh my that is too funny!

Looks like the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree :rolleyes:

Have you gone down the DD hole … lots of stuff on ‘dodgy D’ but an interesting one from 1936 DD..my French is non existent but something to do with 15 days jail and a feret and I don’t think it’s relating to Dodgy D
No MC 1st husband that would be. 1935 August 18

Oh ok it is page 4. I think I saw your page 1 prior to the edit.
Will go have a look now.
For those of us nearest Antarctica and for whom Starlink has crashed... waiting for the Executive Summary...

Another one for those who can read French

28-02-1964
Le Soir p4

is this our WW?

BBM Ferrets were used in Belgium during the Revolutionary War to keep down the rat population.

wwwhhhhaaooo!

This article is stating accident in Tilburg -

29 March 1967
Le Soir p4
WW

18 yrs old - chaussee de gierle a Vosselare

:eek:

Just did the maths - it cant be Willy Wonka, his age would be 28 in this year

Last edited:
wwwhhhhaaooo!

This article is stating accident in Tilburg -

29 March 1967
Le Soir p4
WW

18 yrs old - chaussee de gierle a Vosselare

:eek:

Just did the maths - it cant be Willy Wonka, his age would be 28 in this year

Yes I think so too. Certainly grabbed my attention though!

What did u think about:
12-02-1965 Le Soir, pg 4
The collision and injured wives?

When Mrs aka is asked at the inquest whether she has lived in England before she states a place but her reply is very mumbled. Does she say Buxton? My ears are very blocked at the moment!

I have transcribed part of the Inquest around that time to see if it would throw up any further information.

It's interesting that she immediately came up with Tunbridge Wells as a town near Burwash.

She also says she lived in Folkestone before she had children, not before she was married.

Also AC asks this:

And in the three years which is preceding the birth of your children that you lived in the United Kingdom, you did not work?

"Preceding the birth" means before the birth, but her answer relates to the time in Burwash, after the birth of the children.

I'm not sure whether AC was trying to ask about the time she was in Folkestone.

Day 6

2:26:23

AC: Now, have you yourself spent any significant time in the United Kingdom, Mrs deH?

DdH: Lived there for a while.

AC: How old were you when you lived in the UK?

DdH: How old was I? I was married.

AC: Right. What period of time?

DdH: Umm probably in the 80s

AC: Before you lived in Belgium and Luxembourg?

DdH: Probably the middle 80s.

AC: Doing the best you can and I appreciate it’s a long time ago, but I think we’ve established that from about 1980 or 1981 until about 1986 you lived in Europe, and yesterday you said you lived a few years in Luxembourg, perhaps a couple of years in Belgium, and had a short time down in France in the Bordeaux area.

DdH: Mhmm

AC: When were you living in the United Kingdom with your husband?

DdH: Uh.. would have been uh [cough] the early 80s or middle 80s.

AC: Does that mean that you left continental Europe and spent some time in the United Kingdom?

DdH: Yeah.

AC: In that period 1980 or thereabouts to 1986.

AC: And where did you live in the United Kingdom with your husband at that time?

DdH: Burwash, South East Sussex.

AC: South East Sussex?

AC: Could you just spell that name please?

DdH: B U R W A S H

AC: Thank you and what other towns is near that Location?

DdH: Hmm. Um. Uh. Tunbridge Wells.

AC: And any others that are near that location?

DdH: Well that was probably the biggest town next to it.

AC: And can you remember any other places you lived in in the United Kingdom other than that town?

DdH: Folkestone, but that was a long time…before I had kids.

AC: This was before the children came?

AC: And what were you doing in the UK were you working?

AC: And how long did you live in the United Kingdom.

DdH: About three years.

AC: I just want to get the chronology right, it doesn’t seem to marry up with what you said yesterday. You think you lived in the United Kingdom for about three years, and mid 80s is the best you can nominate.

DdH: Um imagine it was around then

AC: And in the three years which is preceding the birth of your children that you lived in the United Kingdom, you did not work?

DdH: No. I was at home with the kids [inaudible]

AC: And your husband Rick would return from time to time to Belgium or Luxembourg, was it? To attend to the furniture business?

DdH: Yes he’d go over and come back, he’d go over for a week and come back for five days and go back again.

2:41:07

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members