Australia Australia - Marion Barter, 51, missing after trip to UK, June 1997 #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The website seems to be down at the moment, maybe its all the WS's overloading it haha!
I really could be grasping at straws here but I can't find a Blum & Co in Uccle, Belgium let alone at the address that is listed on the website. The use of the name Dupont along with the company name Blum could be a coincidence? I have attached a screenshot of what I can see.
I’ll try again later tonight and see if the website is working again. Out of curiosity did you click on the data and activity?

I’ll try again later tonight and see if the website is working again. Out of curiosity did you click on the data and activity?
Yes I did click on data and activity and it said preparation of tax returns for individuals and enterprises since 19 November 1992, still active. I tried it again and the site is still down.

;) replying to my own post, to apologise for also maybe sending people off on the wrong track with my post about Mt Tamborine in the 1980s. I have realised since that the property Ye Olde Passy was at Tamborine and not Mt Tamborine, a small but significant difference being that Tamborine is at the base of the mountain rather than the Mt Tamborine village at the top of the mountain. In those days a more significant drive than it looks on a map due to the unsealed nature of the roads at the time.

Anyway my memories of Tamborine in the early 80s (and WW was arrested for carrying a forged die carrying the Ye Olde Passy name in 1976/77) was that it was a very bucolic, horsey place. I remember large blocks of land, horse stables and horse stud farms around. Also from memory, that part of Queensland did have a reputation at the time of being connected with illegal drugs being grown. I believe there were drug busts from memory. What got me thinking along that track was that WW's criminal record had escalated to importing hashish around 1977 also. Just a thought and I am following that, maybe tenuous, connection now.
I could be way off with in a rabbit hole
There's a
Reid's Ranch at
15 creamer st, Tamborine Qld.

Dropped pin
Google Maps

Not long back and this is all reminding me of the previous flourish re Renopub and all roads lead to
a plethora of others so don't rule any of them out until you cant rule it in , it felt like a web of interconnected companies , marketing and advertising in media , i think wholesalers , retailers , realestate , etc etc , now it seems like accountants , shelf companies , pension funds and probably insurance etc etc ....so yeah investment funds .

Is there still such a thing as Umbrella Companies ?

Anyway it certainly has cemented the fact that there probably millions of people doing exactly the same sort of deals and it is "Legal " until you get caught and investigated .

Apparently it is the way the world rolls .

@F.Knab I think you really have something there.

The link with the address and the name Freddy David on the company report. IMO it's too much of a coincidence.
My take on this - just translating the document and not having a sense of the company document chase that is going on - is that this document lists Freddy David (Bank Manager, address) as the Liquidator of a company possibly called David - Sansone

I don't understand why if he has alot of money invested overseas he isn't using it to live a big life. At his age what is the point of having secret money hidden. This makes no sense to me.

Yes I bet a lot of people wonder about that . Its a bit like Individuals who have billions and billions of dollars sitting in accounts earning more billions than they could ever spend or use but the extreme ostentatious do their best to flaunt it ,

It is not so much about the money is it ?

There's a
Reid's Ranch at

Dropped pin
Google Maps

CAR54 post
I may be going off thread but I was looking at the NAA site for the Blum surname and came across an entry fro Maria Katharina READ (nee Blum). She arrived in Australia in January 1952 relocated soon after to Mount Tamborine. Could this be a relative of our man of many names as the surnames Blum, Read or Reid and Mount Tamborine have been mentioned earlier. The place at Tamborine "Yurnga" is still there, link is at https://agreatertown.com/australia_un/4br_house_vacation_rental_in_mount_tambourine_qld_0002668082

This might help ...nice isnt it ?

Edit add ..i do not think but dont know for sure Reids still own it but maybe they bought nearby at some stage , its possible

Last edited:
There's a
Reid's Ranch at

Dropped pin
Google Maps
I think it's a fair bet that what is on the map these days bears no relation to what was there previously. This part of Queensland, Logan council area has undergone massive development and population increase.

Yes I bet a lot of people wonder about that . Its a bit like Individuals who have billions and billions of dollars sitting in accounts earning more billions than they could ever spend or use but the extreme ostentatious do their best to flaunt it ,

It is not so much about the money is it ?
If it is not about the money what is it about? The power of conning decent ladies ? Why? What is the pathology? I just really want to know and understand what happened to Marion as I am sure we all do.

I don't understand why if he has alot of money invested overseas he isn't using it to live a big life. At his age what is the point of having secret money hidden. This makes no sense to me.
I have thought the same thing. He appears to live a meagre life in Australia. With Covid he wouldn't have been travelling since late 2019. What is the motivation here? Where is all the alleged money going? Most importantly will this all somehow link back to the disappearance of Marion?

I have thought the same thing. He appears to live a meagre life in Australia. With Covid he wouldn't have been travelling since late 2019. What is the motivation here? Where is all the alleged money going? Most importantly will this all somehow link back to the disappearance of Marion?
There's probably a shiny Audi parked in the driveway of a beautiful property somewhere that's in a name no-one has found yet.

I was taking a break (brain fried) to catch up on what was happening with our floods. IKYMI the reason I have had so much time this week on WS is that we are in the midst of a huge rain event “rain bomb” that might turn out worse than the 2011 events. Anyhoo, a TikTok video popped up on FB (hopefully you can see it on the link below) and whilst that is amusing in itself, as soon as I heard the music I thought OMG! I forgot about that! a here are the lyrics from DownUnder (Men at Work) that is playing over the top of the vid:
Buying bread from a man in Brussels
He was six foot four and full of muscle
I said, "Do you speak-a my language?"
He just smiled and gave me a Vegemite sandwich
And he said:
I come from a land down under
Where beer does flow and men chunder
Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder
You better run, you better take cover.

[URL="https://www.tiktok.com/@your_mum.6969/video/7068961012027755777?is_from_webapp=1&sender_device=pc&web_id7069303644277704194"]Something on TikTok

[/URL]

Can’t escape it!

Last edited:
I was taking a break (brain fried) to catch up on what was happening with our floods. IKYMI the reason I have had so much time this week on WS is that we are in the midst of a huge rain event “rain bomb” that might turn out worse than the 2011 events. Anyhoo, a TikTok video popped up on FB (hopefully you can see it on the link below) and whilst that is amusing in itself, as soon as I heard the music I thought OMG! I forgot about that! a here are the lyrics from DownUnder (Men at Work) that is playing over the top of the vid:
Buying bread from a man in Brussels
He was six foot four and full of muscle
I said, "Do you speak-a my language?"
He just smiled and gave me a Vegemite sandwich
And he said:
I come from a land down under
Where beer does flow and men chunder
Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder
You better run, you better take cover.

Can’t escape it!
Now that made me laugh out loud!!!!

Does the name Roland Dupont mean anything to anyone?

Does the name Roland Dupont mean anything to anyone? Blum & Co....
Data of the registered entity | KBO Public Search (fgov.be)
main activity preparation of tax returns for individuals and enterprises since 19 November 1992, still active. Opening bankruptcy?? It also has the same links at the bottom as the S David one did. Could be nothing but.......

I have tried googling the name but not coming up with much @mishy66 @F.Knab @Eyespywithmylittleeye other than a character in an American legal drama series (how ironic) and brother of William Dupont (France), a tiling company in Quebec and a few on LinkedIn but I don't have a LI account.
Falsely used forged documents in the name of BERNARD DUPONT, 17 Hampden St, Paddington 4, England to fraudulently lease 2 apartments in Middelkerke, Belgium.

Because it’s illegal secret money and how can a guy on a pension here and receiving money from Belgian pension explain the high life.

money is traceable.. so he brings back enough cash that’s legal through customs in fact he reiterated that several times in the hearing.. I always declare my cash, making sure if we missed it we didn’t by the 3rd time.

I wonder if this coin fascination is a way of buying coins OS and selling here.. part of the supposed ‘Coppenolle collection’ various stops each way from Australia to Europe.. coin dealers in each stop over perhaps?

Atm he is more than aware he is and has been investigated and is mindful that he’s on a pension snd so is his wife.. so playing I’m so broke is imperative right now. Because he knows damn well you couldn’t fly sometimes 3 times a year to Europe on a pension.

this supposed accountant that gives him payouts for the family trust… nah I don’t buy that…. He is definitely travelling to Europe to access funds when he runs out here… but it’s not an inheritance/trust or whatever from Maria I think that’s just more BS in a pile of BS

** edit
Also they had a family trust here.. who does that when you’re income is pension? We all know that’s done for tax right offs and to divide earnings amongst the others in the trust..

From the NAA files it seems like AU (at least not by early 1980s) suspected Freddy David was alias for WW (although there is lots of other known alias by that time). The NAA notes mention no evidence of WW entering AU between 1970 & 1974. Curious why you think there is another passport during that time (sorry if you explained before. Hard to keep up)?
RB said on his citizenship application that he had been in AUS since 1969 and had lost his passport in 1970. We know that he was in prison 1971-1974 (went in and out asFD) , but there are no arrival records for RB back in to Australia after being released from prison in 1974 so he must have entered under a different alias to those that the authorities have searched IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member