Australia Australia - Marion Barter, 51, missing after trip to UK, June 1997 #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, it was common to hide children in orphanages or other homes in Belgium during the early 1940's and if they had a Jewish-sounding surname, to use that as a middle name and add another surname to hide their identity. Or they'd take on the surname of the family they were hiding out with. Why Coppennolle wouldn't have been used I don't know. So it could be possible he did enter an orphanage to hide him and when he entered it he was told his name was de Hedervary as he said.

I thought Hedervary was a Jewish name? From Hungary origins?

The first use of Hedervary that we know of, seems to be after arriving in AU. I wonder if it was a name he assumed b/c he married a Hungarian woman Illona & he really has no family with that name. I doubt he is related to a Blum or Westbury either.

The first use of Hedervary that we know of, seems to be after arriving in AU. I wonder if it was a name he assumed b/c he married a Hungarian woman Illona & he really has no family with that name. I doubt he is related to a Blum or Westbury either.
yes my thoughts also. Just another of his fanciful aliases.
And it ties in with his mirror imaging of the swindler DCOD ( don Juan)

I thought Hedervary was a Jewish name? From Hungary origins?
lol...knew it was Hungarian, of course it's Jewish!:oops: Desperately seeking where that dH name has come from!
He says at inquest (0:31) that his father's first two Christian names are Desire and David and that his surname is Hedervary - 'at least that's what I was told when I entered the orphanage'. I can't find any connection, except to the Count, and it's not like him to talk himself up.;)

But wasn’t her occupation listed as a seamstress or sewing machinist type work? How would she do this with no legs? Sewing machines back then (before electric) had a pedal that you sort of pushed up and down to get the machine to work. Unless she did everything by hand, but that wouldn’t have been very productive.
I think they might've had electric sewing machines in the '40's, but it would've been tricky to operate the pedal even so. Still, there's many types of seamstresses, just like there's many types of publishers, or sculptors, or forgers.

Attachments

• Walkers (1).jpg
    Walkers (1).jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 76
  • Walkers (1).jpg
    Walkers (1).jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 74
  • Walkers (2).jpg
    Walkers (2).jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 67
What about this one - couldn’t possible be WW’s mother again?

Marriage Proclamation
20-12-1937
Gazet Van Antwerpen, pg 7

Civil Registry of Wilrijk
Ferdinandus Claessens (electrician) to a MC.

Might be a bit off the tracks with this one….

11-09-1958
La Soir, pg4

In Swansea harbour, a Swedish sailor stabs and kills a belgian gunman named AW on a ship deck.

It was a Trove article from memory.

Yes I dont know why either but most of those Aust papers come up with a subscription and a snippet of the article. I usually find what I am after on other sites. Murdoch is not getting money from me haha!

The ‘De Hedervary’ i find with the closest link to Belgium is CDH. Born in 1920.

He might have known her, liked her journey/story,… she studied in Belgium so she was in BE when Mr Aka was presumably born. Don’t know the link between both…

Claire DE HÉDERVÁRY de Uccle - Annonce de décès sur enmemoire.be
Claire de Hedervary's Biography

Edit: there was an unrelated reaction beneath.

Yes this person has been touched on a few times.
I think @centred found some more interesting links.

I came to the conclusion that no he wouldn't be standing under her umbrella as her profile is too highly linked to the UN and very well known.

He may very well believe in his own deluded mind she is his 'aunt' though.

Thanks Mishy. I see DW was a stenographer. Does that mean she worked in the Courts service in Australia back in 1970 or does it mean something else?

Probably been mentioned before but I wonder what business in Europe they were hoping to undertake for a period of 18 months?
A stenographer was just a shorthand-typist. We worked in all kinds of businesses. A boss (male, of course) would holler. You’d rush in with your spirax notebook and fountain pen. He’d manspread while waxing lyrical at 120 words per minute - probably dictating three or four letters at a time. You’d sit on the other side of the table, scribbling frantically, thinking, “I hope I’m going to be able to read this back!”

Then you’d go out to your typewriter, produce the letters with carbon copies, and bring them back for him to sign.

Yes this person has been touched on a few times.
I think @centred found some more interesting links.

I came to the conclusion that no he wouldn't be standing under her umbrella as her profile is too highly linked to the UN and very well known.

He may very well believe in his own deluded mind she is his 'aunt' though.
Perhaps he took that photograph of her. In any case, the dH seems to first appear in Belgium 1968 when Renov Pubs was registered. Is there a working hypothesis for the name Renov? All I'm coming up with atm is Novotny maiden name of IK mother. Surname sp of Nicole R? Another company C & L constructs - LeRoy? There's always some connection IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
audreyshura