Australia Australia - Marion Barter, 51, missing after trip to UK, June 1997 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

inkpink

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
Please continue discussion here and remember that the following Order has been issued in relation to these current live proceedings:

By using this site you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions. The Court Security Act 2005 restricts the use of recording devices, and the unauthorised transmission/distribution of court proceedings/recordings. Restrictions may apply under the Coroners Act 2009. Breaches of Court Security Act 2005 and the Coroners Act 2009 may constitute a criminal offence. Failing to comply with a Court’s order may constitute the offence of contempt of court.

ADMIN REMINDERS:

Do not discuss other members. Everyone is here to discuss the case, not critique other members. Such posts are off topic and will be removed and there may be Warning Points issued or more serious consequences.

ALL images require a link to the source. No link, no post !!

Just because someone has the same name does not mean they are the same person. Do not post information about anyone unless you are 110% sure it is the intended person.

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Attachments

• RPW 1913 electoral roll.png
    RPW 1913 electoral roll.png
    748.4 KB · Views: 41
  • RPW 1917 electoral roll.png
    RPW 1917 electoral roll.png
    605.3 KB · Views: 48
  • RPW enlistment doc 1915.png
    RPW enlistment doc 1915.png
    896.8 KB · Views: 35
Day 7 of Inquest. Anyone know where the Swine Forest, Ixelle is located on a map? Must be a very fertile area, because according to RB "it is the breeding space of Brussels" and his "horse perhaps wanted to service the female horse in front of him"! But I did find a photo of about 20 gendarmes on horseback during the Belgian protests, Jan 1961. (Alamy Stock #2FX3T9W). So WW could be in this pic!

Ok, so I've found RGW's father is RPW.
Family Notices - Sunday Times (Perth, WA : 1902 - 1954) - 28 May 1911
RPW was a police constable in 1913 and in 1917 was a butcher in Western Australia.
His enlistment doc in 1915 has his father listed as next of kin (Frederick), BUT, I'm not seeing him as being the FJW Ltd guy so far.

I saw that RPenroseW Census on my trails but dismissed it as both of them don't have Elizabeth on them nor RGW - (he was born 1912 in Coolgardie).
But if that is him then great! Saves a lot of time. When did he come out to Australia?

Day 7 of Inquest. Anyone know where the Swine Forest, Ixelle is located on a map? Must be a very fertile area, because according to RB "it is the breeding space of Brussels" and his "horse perhaps wanted to service the female horse in front of him"! But I did find a photo of about 20 gendarmes on horseback during the Belgian protests, Jan 1961. (Alamy Stock #2FX3T9W). So WW could be in this pic!
I’ve searched a lot (as i’m from Belgium) but i didn’t find it.
Swine in French = Sanglier
Swine in Dutch = zwijn or everzwijn.
Forest in French = fôret
Forest in Dutch = woud

I came to the conclusion that i think he’s just talking about het Zoniënwoud/ la fôret de soignes (sounds like swine!) (you can listen at Google translate how it’s pronounced)

It’s the biggest & most important ‘forest’ in Brussels.

I saw that RPenroseW Census on my trails but dismissed it as both of them don't have Elizabeth on them nor RGW - (he was born 1912 in Coolgardie).
But if that is him then great! Saves a lot of time. When did he come out to Australia?
I'm Confuseled ;) The electoral roll screenshots I posted earlier do have ECW at the same address as RPW ? I can't find a census yet for Western Australia for 1921 or 31 though. Pretty sure RPW was born in Perth, his father is eluding me right now. According to the same voters roll as I posted before, parents, Frederick and Ann lived at the address Robert put for next of kin on enlistment form so they all fit....somehow

BUT, I'm not seeing him as being the FJW Ltd guy so far.
Do you mean the Anderson Pty Ltd ??

RGW father Robert snr isnt connected to it.
I haven't been able to find Robert snr as I said - despite lots of searching- apart from a divorce notice.
The connection to the Andersons meats is through RGW mother Elizabeth - her brother owned it and RGW worked there.

Last edited:
Do you mean the Anderson Pty Ltd ??

RJW father Robert snr isnt connected to it.
I haven't been able to find Robert snr as I said - despite lots of searching- apart from a divorce notice.
The connection to the Andersons meats is through RJW mother Elizabeth - her brother owned it and RGW worked there.
My head hurts ;) Who is RJW?

To the left of the elevated photographer??..:)

Ok, so I've found RGW's father is RPW.
Family Notices - Sunday Times (Perth, WA : 1902 - 1954) - 28 May 1911
RPW was a police constable in 1913 and in 1917 was a butcher in Western Australia.
His enlistment doc in 1915 has his father listed as next of kin (Frederick), BUT, I'm not seeing him as being the FJW Ltd guy so far.
1913 Police officer
1917 butcher
1915 enlistment document has ‘metal ceilings’
as his trade. So he changed his profession every 2 years

1913 Police officer
1917 butcher
1915 enlistment document has ‘metal ceilings’
as his trade. So he changed his profession every 2 years

I read through his entire war file on Ancestry and his full name is actually Percy Robert Edward Walker. His father is Frederick Walker. I think he's not related IMO

I’ve searched a lot (as i’m from Belgium) but i didn’t find it.
Swine in French = Sanglier
Swine in Dutch = zwijn or everzwijn.
Forest in French = fôret
Forest in Dutch = woud

I came to the conclusion that i think he’s just talking about het Zoniënwoud/ la fôret de soignes (sounds like swine!) (you can listen at Google translate how it’s pronounced)

It’s the biggest & most important ‘forest’ in Brussels.

Yes, spot on!
That’s what he is referring to I’m sure. Forêt de Soignes. The green lungs of Brussels. It looks beautiful.

I have searched the Belgium newspapers from 1960 to 1962 for keywords related to the famous horse incident while in the Gendarmerie but have not been able to turn anything up. I’d love to find evidence of this accident. The papers seem to contain every other little event occurring in the region, so I thought a accident of that scale in a public area might have been reported! Can anyone confirm for me the dates I’m searching? Do we think the incident occurred between 1960 and 1962 given the Day 7 inquest evidence from RB?

Yes, spot on!
That’s what he is referring to I’m sure. Forêt de Soignes. The green lungs of Brussels. It looks beautiful.

I have searched the Belgium newspapers from 1960 to 1962 for keywords related to the famous horse incident while in the Gendarmerie but have not been able to turn anything up. I’d love to find evidence of this accident. The papers seem to contain every other little event occurring in the region, so I thought a accident of that scale in a public area might have been reported! Can anyone confirm for me the dates I’m searching? Do we think the incident occurred between 1960 and 1962 given the Day 7 inquest evidence from RB?
The big general strike in Belgium was December 1960-February 1961. RB said he was crushed in 1961 or 1962 when in training, dragged 300yds by a horse. DDH said in court his injuries happened during a protest. From the mounted gendarmes photo that was posted earlier, there is probably a grain of truth that anchors RB's story, google the strike and the photos show how many people took to the streets. Compensation/invalid pension could easily be verified by the authorities, so the general situation and timeline could be about right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay