Australia Australia - Marion Barter, 51, missing after trip to UK, June 1997 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It makes me curious though… i’m pretty sure as well… but it makes me again wonder if French is his first language…

- OR it’s him trying to get people on the wrong track (we should have found a big incident like that, looking at the amount of people searching from around the world, like @CrossingToSafety said) But then i’m thinking: we all, i guess, searched without the forest, and didn’t find the accident… So is the incident false or the place…

- OR his French isn’t as good as we think it is. Example: i am from Belgium, i’m officially bilingual, but dont ask me to translate swine, fôret de soignes or zoniënwoud. (And that would be important because we should search in Dutch in stead of French)

@mishy66 & others who are on a specific genetic line: is it Dutch or French. Do you know?

Yes, spot on!
That’s what he is referring to I’m sure. Forêt de Soignes. The green lungs of Brussels. It looks beautiful.

I have searched the Belgium newspapers from 1960 to 1962 for keywords related to the famous horse incident while in the Gendarmerie but have not been able to turn anything up. I’d love to find evidence of this accident. The papers seem to contain every other little event occurring in the region, so I thought a accident of that scale in a public area might have been reported! Can anyone confirm for me the dates I’m searching? Do we think the incident occurred between 1960 and 1962 given the Day 7 inquest evidence from RB?

Did someone actually rule out these companies i posted and couldn’t rule him out myself? (See previous thread)

Henri-Willy Wouters - with A LOT of companies (i could link some of them to a woman with a loooooot of companies if you look at her age, but that doesn’t rule him out)
See next post

Attachments

• 80EB734F-8024-4F4E-B015-0DA0BED7F073.png
    80EB734F-8024-4F4E-B015-0DA0BED7F073.png
    247.5 KB · Views: 47
  • FAE827E7-912C-4F38-9E4A-F2C5B28E260F.png
    FAE827E7-912C-4F38-9E4A-F2C5B28E260F.png
    264 KB · Views: 40
Lanier Luxembourg s.a. (I can’t find The other people mentioned anywhere)

sorry, the files where too big, had to post two times

Attachments

• 91B4E558-7A94-4156-AC80-3B1891C43ACB.jpg
    91B4E558-7A94-4156-AC80-3B1891C43ACB.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 39
I read through his entire war file on Ancestry and his full name is actually Percy Robert Edward Walker. His father is Frederick Walker. I think he's not related IMO
I am thinking the same. I found that RWsnr and the dates just don't align for me.

This is why it is so confusing to sift through as there are SO many Walkers - it is like the Browns! Add that it was the war era and families immigrating to Australia and babies being born with the names of their parents etc etc etc :( And so many marriages between Robert and Elizabeth Walkers.
It makes it really challenging to work through.

I am not sure how @hoodunnit found the connection to RGWjnr going through the Frederick and Ann Walker marriage to their son RWsnr as being his parent?

RGWjnr was born in 1912. So that would make this RW 18yrs old when he was born I think?

But when I saw that name Frederick and Ann together I did have a shudder :eek::p Parallel lives again ha!

Last edited:
Did someone actually rule out these companies i posted and couldn’t rule him out myself? (See previous thread)

Henri-Willy Wouters - with A LOT of companies (i could link some of them to a woman with a loooooot of companies if you look at her age, but that doesn’t rule him out)
See next post
No I couldnt rule them out either.
Too many viable links to companies to rule them all out

I am not sure how @hoodunnit found the connection to RGWjnr going through the Frederick and Ann Walker marriage to their son RWsnr as being his parent?

My head is spinning from all this. I dunno haha. I had a few lines going, but your comment about being married to Elizabeth Anderson, sister of.....Trove took me in that direction I guess. I'll give up on this track now. :confused:

My head is spinning from all this. I dunno haha. I had a few lines going, but your comment about being married to Elizabeth Anderson, sister of.....Trove took me in that direction I guess. I'll give up on this track now. :confused:
No keep going ! Finding his family is key to many answers.
Another Sleuth put up a post a while back saying that RGWjnr parents were Robert Walker and Elizabeth Carolyn Anderson so that is what got me on that track to begin with.

But while we might know the Mothers family side of being the Andersons, it is the Fathers family side ( the Walkers) that is proving challenging.
They have had to have come from Britain but as you know, ssooooo many walkers and soooo many combined names to work through.

I do feel I have found the family but I think the father RWsenior was married twice and I am missing a connection.

The big general strike in Belgium was December 1960-February 1961. RB said he was crushed in 1961 or 1962 when in training, dragged 300yds by a horse. DDH said in court his injuries happened during a protest. From the mounted gendarmes photo that was posted earlier, there is probably a grain of truth that anchors RB's story, google the strike and the photos show how many people took to the streets. Compensation/invalid pension could easily be verified by the authorities, so the general situation and timeline could be about right.
That is great work @ruby925 - there is always some thread of truth. Whether it is what actually happened to him personally or what he read at those pivotal points to align his stories, either way it does sift the facts from fiction.
I am beginning to think he is one of the greatest conmen there ever was in our lifetime.
Hopefully after all this is finished he wont be remembered at all and that the legacy of MB brings awareness to the dangers of persons like this world wide.

It makes me curious though… i’m pretty sure as well… but it makes me again wonder if French is his first language…

- OR it’s him trying to get people on the wrong track (we should have found a big incident like that, looking at the amount of people searching from around the world, like @CrossingToSafety said) But then i’m thinking: we all, i guess, searched without the forest, and didn’t find the accident… So is the incident false or the place…

- OR his French isn’t as good as we think it is. Example: i am from Belgium, i’m officially bilingual, but dont ask me to translate swine, fôret de soignes or zoniënwoud. (And that would be important because we should search in Dutch in stead of French)

@mishy66 & others who are on a specific genetic line: is it Dutch or French. Do you know?
Exactly @Carovb5 IF French was his first language he would have used la fôret de soignes.
His father was from Belgium but he had Italian stepmother and step sister after his father married / remarried.
And if he is to be believed, his placement back to the Coppenolles after the orphanage would see him in a family with both French (Maria C ) and Dutch (Abel/ Andre Wouters).

He has no idea who he is.
I don't even think he is Willy Wouters. I think that is just another Alias.
He came out to Aust using that name in 1969 when he was 30 years old.
He had already been using aliases before that of his brother/brothers and a business setup under his current names today.
IMO

I am thinking the same. I found that RWsnr and the dates just don't align for me.

This is why it is so confusing to sift through as there are SO many Walkers - it is like the Browns! Add that it was the war era and families immigrating to Australia and babies being born with the names of their parents etc etc etc :( And so many marriages between Robert and Elizabeth Walkers.
It makes it really challenging to work through.

RGWjnr was born in 1912. So that would make this RW 18yrs old when he was born I think?

But when I saw that name Frederick and Ann together I did have a shudder :eek::p Parallel lives again ha!
The answer probably lies behind door No.4, but it's expensive to find out from what I can see, $36, and not sure if that's digital download or certificate - much dearer than Victoria.
Online Index Search Tool

That has been sitting in my cart for 3 weeks lol. Should I .....
I think it's way too dear, I'd hang on to my cash Mishy66. I've really only been curious to find out to see if it leads to the name of the coffee lounge in Market Street, but it probably won't. If there are any sleuths in NSW who can get to the library, a 1976 Yellow Pages will probably have the answer to the name of the coffee lounge in Market Street.

Just going to put up the steps that we know so far so we can eliminate or keep

So we have RPenrose Walker (policeman) married to ECAnderson 1911
Family Notices - Sunday Times (Perth, WA : 1902 - 1954) - 28 May 1911

Son RGWalker born 1912 - see attachment

The 'lightbulb' incident with Albert Anderson, Elizabeth's brother being the character reference - 1917
A Light Matter. - TWO ELECTRIC GLOBES. AND A SCADDAN CERTIFICATE. - Truth (Perth, WA : 1903 - 1931) - 25 Aug 1917
PERTH POLICE COURT. - (Thursday.—Before Mr. T. F. Davies, P.M.) - The West Australian (Perth, WA : 1879 - 1954) - 17 Aug 1917

Parents divorce 1938 Trove

Attachments

• RGW Navy (3).jpg
    RGW Navy (3).jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 21
  • Trove 1939 parents divorce.png
    Trove 1939 parents divorce.png
    302.6 KB · Views: 20
  • parents divorce June 1938.png
    parents divorce June 1938.png
    109 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
The passenger ships I have found that are 'possible' given the dates of RPenroseWalker born 1887 /8

Making him 4 - coming in with parents and a sibling.

Attachments

• 1891 passenger list.jpg
    1891 passenger list.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 36
  • 1891 passenger list.png
    1891 passenger list.png
    159.1 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
I am not sure how to make them any larger sorry!

Importing them straight into the textbox doesnt help either.

Attachments

• 1891.jpg
    1891.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 27
Has any been able to find any info for RGW sister “wynne” elsie hazel Walker who married james Palme. See below. I cannot find her death but james died in Sydney and ancestry says she was born in England. I’ve looked at ryerson in case she remarried and cannot find her death in wa or vic or nsw or Qld.

Attachments

• EEDD41F6-7329-4852-99BD-12E5D2AC36E8.png
    EEDD41F6-7329-4852-99BD-12E5D2AC36E8.png
    88.9 KB · Views: 20
  • A647468D-07DE-48F8-AD89-64EB2BE5699A.png
    A647468D-07DE-48F8-AD89-64EB2BE5699A.png
    75.9 KB · Views: 17
The big general strike in Belgium was December 1960-February 1961. RB said he was crushed in 1961 or 1962 when in training, dragged 300yds by a horse. DDH said in court his injuries happened during a protest. From the mounted gendarmes photo that was posted earlier, there is probably a grain of truth that anchors RB's story, google the strike and the photos show how many people took to the streets. Compensation/invalid pension could easily be verified by the authorities, so the general situation and timeline could be about right.

Thanks @ruby925
Great summary. I’m going to stick at it a bit longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babycakes15