Australia Australia - Marion Barter, 51, missing after trip to UK, June 1997 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I kind of expected overseas flight details to be discussed during the inquest. The flights from SK / Japan to UK etc
Unless those countries don’t keep those details?
I think there would be a lot of information that is still out there and has not been accessed as this isn’t a trial and RB has not been charged on suspected… ?

I think if that were the case then I’d think that investigators perhaps would have the ability through federal police to access incoming/outgoing passenger cards for RB in various destinations. But as he isn’t on trial I suspect they can’t

do agree though I did think that MB’s arrival card into Uk and departure would have been included. If she landed in UK.. I know postcards have suggested it but I did wonder if like JO she landed in Amsterdam.. then travelled via ferry with RB.. he doesn’t seem to like ‘flying’ into other places in Europe..

But I suppose if luggage was left then it was collected? Is there proof of that? Luggage left? Luggage collected?

I was bemused, as some others were, by the "Google" train! (AKA said he caught the 'Google' train to the ski station near Leysin and caught the chair lift to the chalets - paraphrasing) and had a think! This is a long shot, but there is a station called Aigle (Fr Eagle) which can almost sound like "Google" aaaand, it is on the Simplon line (Simplon Orient Express?).
Could 'Google' be Gondole, french for Gondola, a mini cablecar used in ski resorts?[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for keeping us European people up to date during our nights! I haven’t been able to be as active as before the last few days/weeks.

Was there anything worth mentioning about the Belgian-trail i can look into?

I haven’t been able to see/listen for myself. The trainname i could find that sounds (speaking like RB) the closest to ‘Google train’ is this one (Brandname), but it started in 2013, so can’t be it… but it can be a really bad looked into lie of him …

(i’m imagining myself all of you trying to speak trainnames in his way of speach and it’s quite funny!)

Ouigo - Wikipedia

I was bemused, as some others were, by the "Google" train! (AKA said he caught the 'Google' train to the ski station near Leysin and caught the chair lift to the chalets - paraphrasing) and had a think! This is a long shot, but there is a station called Aigle (Fr Eagle) which can almost sound like "Google" aaaand, it is on the Simplon line (Simplon Orient Express?).

Another thing….was her hair long when she was with Johnnie in Switzerland???? Only pic I have seen is wedding it appears to be up.. but that doesn’t mean her hair was long.

The photo of Marion arriving in the UK in Sept 1968 shows her hair was cut short.

Attachments

• 7AEB79FF-6924-4011-A023-BD4AC25FA6FB.jpeg
    7AEB79FF-6924-4011-A023-BD4AC25FA6FB.jpeg
    351.9 KB · Views: 111

A couple of things of interest. When I was sleuthing Oast Houses near Rye last year I was told by a family member of the now deceased owner of The Playden Oasts situated on the main road into Rye that Paul McCartney used to visit. Blum mentioned George Harrison when Alfriston was mentioned at the inquest today. I am almost certain the false Mr & Mrs Remakel stayed there in July 1997.

The name Vereker mentioned in the article you attached are the owners of Mottynsden Lodge Burwash where FdeH & DdeH & children lived for around 3 years in the UK

A couple of things of interest. When I was sleuthing Oast Houses near Rye last year I was told by a family member of the now deceased owner of The Playden Oasts situated on the main road into Rye that Paul McCartney used to visit. Blum mentioned George Harrison when Alfriston was mentioned at the inquest today. I am almost certain the false Mr & Mrs Remakel stayed there in July 1997.

The name Vereker mentioned in the article you attached are the owners of Mottynsden Lodge Burwash where FdeH & DdeH & children lived for around 3 years in the UK

When he was asked if he had been to the town of Rye he first mentioned the wife of one of The Beatles (now dead) was the daughter of a well known bakery/patisserie in Rye which he visited with his brother-in-law and brother-in-laws daughter. Is Aka a Beatles fan and liked to go to places they might frequent bringing me back to The Playden Oasts?

When he was asked if he had been to the town of Rye he first mentioned the wife of one of The Beatles (now dead) was the daughter of a well known bakery/patisserie in Rye which he visited with his brother-in-law and brother-in-laws daughter. Is Aka a Beatles fan and liked to go to places they might frequent bringing me back to The Playden Oasts?
He definitely has a thing for the Beetles.

1994 Ballina Coin Investments and DeHedervary Family Trust are set up by Vernon Paul Ware (Accountant)

95 Tamar St Ballina

BALLINA COIN INVEST PTY. LTD.
Barry Cooper books and coins. Barry Cooper mentioned by JO and the address of office
His accountant Vernon Ware.
Ballina Coins had a name change to Clarendon Hills Investments Pty Ltd.

CLARENDON HILL INVESTMENTS PTY. LIMITED
Company Number

Incorporation Date
2 September 1994 (over 27 years ago)
Business Number
BALLINA

https://connectonline.asic.gov.au/R...Type=OrgAndBusNm&_adf.ctrl-state=4no03gxlh_26

I’m confused about this a bit. To me it sounded (from earlier testimony) that RB essentially “sold” Ballina coin (I guess it was re-established as Clarendon hills)…but my question is why wouldn’t someone just close the Ballina coin company and then open a separate company. What would be the purpose of transferring the company to someone else who is going to change the name? Is it about the saving the costs of opening a new company? Or is it a way to somehow retain remnants of Ballina Coin?

The photo of Marion arriving in the UK in Sept 1968 shows her hair was cut short.

I think we can totally rule out any affair with Marion in the 60's lol

it would have been less incriminating to leave this out of this story, but with him been the pathological liar he is he will lie when there is no need to or in the event the truth is less incriminating he will still make up a lie. There is no way the police, or is family will ever get him to tell the truth, its not possible for him too.. even a basic like who really is RB .. even his wife and children don't know.

@bbbounce In the very beginning of the inquest it appeared had a female lawyer, then a male one, then no lawyer.

We don't know for sure but we speculated that they were legal aid lawyers, and they could no longer represent RB due to some kind of conflict of interest.

We also speculated that no one wanted to represent him as RB's very first port of call was to deny he ever spoke to police when they first contacted him or that he made his original police statement. He then couldn't get his story straight.

So, we assume it might be hard for any lawyer to willingly lie for him in court that way. Particularly a legal aid lawyer. It's not worth perjuring themselves and tarnishing their career. Just speculation.

Or maybe he refused a lawyer.
He mentioned his solicitor several times (stating he was following his solicitors rec to just tell the truth ;)) Maybe he/she was just off camera.

Did this keen ‘professional’ photographer ever take any photos during his various visits to Europe in the 1990s? He said he had photos of Rye & Brighton when his brother-in-law came to visit in the 1980s. He was never asked.
Would this be Diane’s brother (does she have a brother)? Or Perhaps her sisters husband? Who is a BIL who now lives in US?

Thanks everyone for keeping us European people up to date during our nights! I haven’t been able to be as active as before the last few days/weeks.

Was there anything worth mentioning about the Belgian-trail i can look into?

I haven’t been able to see/listen for myself. The trainname i could find that sounds (speaking like RB) the closest to ‘Google train’ is this one (Brandname), but it started in 2013, so can’t be it… but it can be a really bad looked into lie of him …

(i’m imagining myself all of you trying to speak trainnames in his way of speach and it’s quite funny!)

Ouigo - Wikipedia
Listening to the inquest, I now think the 'Google' train may be the narrow gauge cog train that goes uphill from Aigle to Leysin that opened in 1900.

Would this be Diane’s brother (does she have a brother)? Or Perhaps her sisters husband? Who is a BIL who now lives in US?

DDH has a half brother from her fathers first marriage - he moved to the USA with DDH"s fathers first wife when he was young, If I remember correctly.

Her Brother in-law married to her sister was Australian born and now deceased, they also lived in Ballina / Byron area. Sister lives in Ballina currently

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members