Australia Australia - Marion Barter, 51, missing after trip to UK, June 1997 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
wwwhoooaaaaa ! That page is woeful! " Barrister Adam Casseldon framing & bullying a 83 year-old Belgian for the entertainment of the public is disgusting. Assisting offenders is a serious crime"

WT* !

Yeah that person appears quite unwell. And bizarrely attached/passionate about many different types of issues. Largely just anti-authority.

Re protective order:

I guess if this is being served in Australia by an Australian court, then it doesn't count internationally ?

My first thoughts were the real Ramakels, bearing in mind they are elderly and have felt harassed, however would they not be 'out of jurisdiction'?

Possibly it is for Dianne and WW themselves as now they have testified they must be left alone and as we see they are also elderly and ahem... 'unwell'... they may well be framing themselves as innocent victims in the strange disappearance of a woman he once briefly knew.

If the concept is that WW himself or anyone acting on his behalf is a threat to those he has already menaced, then the list is long. Is WW a threat to anyone? Maybe if he has firearms and wants vengeance.

Usually a PO has to be against someone particular. It's a protective order either domestic or personal for one person and those that live with them against someone else. I don't think you can take one out against faceless/nameless potential harassment, endangerment etc

Edit to say thats strictly not true. I guess RB could take one out against Channel 7 for example.

Yeah I don’t think the protective orders are orders on a specific person or entity. I took from it that they are in relation to information privacy and withholding records and evidence from publication. I don’t think they are to protect certain people or to restrict certain others. Those types of orders I don’t think would be made by a Coroner.

Yeah that person appears quite unwell. And bizarrely attached/passionate about many different types of issues. Largely just anti-authority.

Yeah I don’t think the protective orders are orders on a specific person or entity. I took from it that they are in relation to information privacy and withholding records and evidence from publication. I don’t think they are to protect certain people or to restrict certain others. Those types of orders I don’t think would be made by a Coroner.
That makes sense.

That makes total sense! The protection order is likely regarding evidence, possibly the police statement just being tendered along with it.

Did anyone else notice today ‘ grandfathers coin collection’

so the coins we saw that were listed I think last year at Nobles giving the history of Coppenolle coins.. which mentioned a priest then to Andre then Maria.. I assumed it was his son who had listed them due to ‘my grandfathers collection’

but hearing RB today say my grandfathers collection…

it’s not important info but i noticed it

Did anyone else notice today ‘ grandfathers coin collection’

so the coins we saw that were listed I think last year at Nobles giving the history of Coppenolle coins.. which mentioned a priest then to Andre then Maria.. I assumed it was his son who had listed them due to ‘my grandfathers collection’

but hearing RB today say my grandfathers collection…

it’s not important info but i noticed it
I noticed to.

I don't remember the Andre part for the coins though unless there is another site that mentions him.

Lot 1627 - World Gold Coins - Sale 126 - Noble Numismatics

Thank you to everyone who has been updating us on the inquest - it's greatly appreciated.

Apologies if I missed it, but did they ask RB perhaps about Armidale (sp?) or was any link established between RB and Armidale? I remember they once had an anonymous tip about that place.

Thank you!

Thank you to everyone who has been updating us on the inquest - it's greatly appreciated.

Apologies if I missed it, but did they ask RB perhaps about Armidale (sp?) or was any link established between RB and Armidale? I remember they once had an anonymous tip about that place.
Thank you!

@madoodi Armidale wasn't mentioned at all :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Why did RB not have legal representation?

@bbbounce In the very beginning of the inquest it appeared had a female lawyer, then a male one, then no lawyer.

We don't know for sure but we speculated that they were legal aid lawyers, and they could no longer represent RB due to some kind of conflict of interest.

We also speculated that no one wanted to represent him as RB's very first port of call was to deny he ever spoke to police when they first contacted him or that he made his original police statement. He then couldn't get his story straight.

So, we assume it might be hard for any lawyer to willingly lie for him in court that way. Particularly a legal aid lawyer. It's not worth perjuring themselves and tarnishing their career. Just speculation.

Or maybe he refused a lawyer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I kind of expected overseas flight details to be discussed during the inquest. The flights from SK / Japan to UK etc
Unless those countries don’t keep those details?

@Nnbee. Me too! Either they couldn't get those records, OR they have them but can't reveal so as not to compromise the ongoing homicide investigation, OR Marion never went from South Korea > Japan > EU.

Smith made it seem like Marion went straight from SK > EU.

Perhaps they only met up in Heathrow? OR RB flew on another name to SK to meet Marion!

Yeah that’s right IMO. An AVO/PVO would need to be applied for in the local court (or taken out by police on someone’s behalf and then heard in the local court) and the usual process would need to be followed. The Protective orders AC mentioned would be to protect information most likely.

IMO, the Nissan Bluebird wagon QBI 806 is key to solving Marion's disappearance.
Initially, RB tried so hard to deny it's very existence, then, when faced with evidence tried twice to explain it's disappearance. First he muttered that it was written off in an accident, then, when that was disproved, he claimed to have sold it as a "rust-bucket wreck" within days of acquiring the new Mitsubishi, although the Nissan remained registered in his name until 1998. What happened in that station wagon?
Agreed! I hope the investigation remains ongoing ??
Here’s a wildcard! Someone’s dobbed in someone from Rye UK and a Barclay’s bank employee in association with Marion’s disappearance in hopes of claiming the reward.

Missing Marion, links to Rye - Rye News
That’s fantastic, I hope writer can add MB name change in future articles!!

Thank you!
Yes I’m interested to know more about this too

@bbbounce In the very beginning of the inquest it appeared had a female lawyer, then a male one, then no lawyer.

We don't know for sure but we speculated that they were legal aid lawyers, and they could no longer represent RB due to some kind of conflict of interest.

We also speculated that no one wanted to represent him as RB's very first port of call was to deny he ever spoke to police when they first contacted him or that he made his original police statement. He then couldn't get his story straight.

So, we assume it might be hard for any lawyer to willingly lie for him in court that way. Particularly a legal aid lawyer. It's not worth perjuring themselves and tarnishing their career. Just speculation.

Or maybe he refused a lawyer.
I think I’m his mind he’s smart enough and doesn’t need a lawyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alternative_hat_9417