DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

inkpink

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
I remember reading or hearing on the podcast that Marion’s purse was stolen before her disappearance - I wonder whether this was arranged by her new friend to scare her or gain important documents of hers.
I also think that her shipping container was delivered to his property.
Would love to know whether he is a tall man.

I remember reading or hearing on the podcast that Marion’s purse was stolen before her disappearance - I wonder whether this was arranged by her new friend to scare her or gain important documents of hers.
I also think that her shipping container was delivered to his property.
Would love to know whether he is a tall man.

according to his medical check in his permanent residency application he is 6 feet tall (found in national archives)

Belgian national moved to AU in the late 1960s. Lived in a number of states in AU.

He obtained a Queensland driver's license under the name Fernand Nicklaus Remakel well before the disappearance of Marion.

In the mid 1960s he met Marion Warren in a hotel in Switzerland. He says her husband was a football player and that they had a brief relationship at that time. He went by the name Willie Wooters (sp?). Her travel documents show that she travelled overseas 1968-1969.

He says they had a second relationship around 1995-1996. He answered a personal advert in a newspaper of a woman looking for a partner. He went by the name of Rick. He answered the ad and claims that this was Marion's ad. They talked on the phone, went out for a drink, and then he stayed at her house in Southport for about 3-4 nights.

He visited the Southport school with Marion to pick up some books after her resignation. After she moved out of her home, she called him and asked if she could store her boxes at his home. These boxes were delivered by a moving company to his house in Wollongbar near Lismore, NSW.

About a week after these boxes were delivered, Marion showed up at his house to collect them with a man in his 50s. He was tall, wearing a white hat and blue uniform with gold markings like bars on the sleeve. Like a navy officer or pilot. He claims Marion told him they were travelling to the EU together to ride on the Orient Express. She told him that they planned to live together in the UK and that she planned to open a private school in England. This was his last known contact (if we are to believe this story).

He travelled to Japan on June 17 1997. His outgoing passenger card stated that he intended to stay for 30 days in Belgium. His incoming passenger card states he returned to Australia on July 31 1997. He travelled under the name Richard Lloyd Westbury after a deed poll name change.

He denies having any contact with her after she returned to Australia on August 2nd. He denies knowing that she disappeared until police contacted him in 2021. He denies knowing she changed her name. He denies taking her money.

He was a photographer and a coin dealer. He travelled overseas in the 80s and 90s, particularly to Belgium.

Fake Names:
Fernand Nicklaus Remakel
Willie Woosters (sp?)
Frederick De Hedervary (sp?)
Richard Lloyd Westbury

Last edited:
Belgian national moved to AU in the late 1960s. Lived in a number of states in AU.

He obtained a Queensland driver's license under the name Fernand Nicklaus Remakel well before the disappearance of Marion.

In the mid 1960s he met Marion Warren in a hotel in Switzerland. He says her husband was a football player and that they had a brief relationship at that time. He went by the name Willie Wooters (sp?). Her travel documents show that she travelled overseas 1968-1969.

He says they had a second relationship around 1995-1996. He answered a personal advert in a newspaper of a woman looking for a partner. He went by the name of Rick. He answered the ad and claims that this was Marion's ad. They talked on the phone, went out for a drink, and then he stayed at her house in Southport for about 3-4 nights.

He visited the Southport school with Marion to pick up some books after her resignation. After she moved out of her home, she called him and asked if she could store her boxes at his home. These boxes were delivered by a moving company to his house in Wollongbar near Lismore, NSW.

About a week after these boxes were delivered, Marion showed up at his house to collect them with a man in his 50s. He was tall, wearing a white hat and blue uniform with gold markings like bars on the sleeve. Like a navy officer or pilot. He claims Marion told him they were travelling to the EU together to ride on the Orient Express. She told him that they planned to live together in the UK and that she planned to open a private school in England. This was his last known contact (if we are to believe this story).

He travelled to Japan on June 17 1997. His outgoing passenger card stated that he intended to stay for 30 days in Belgium. His incoming passenger card states he returned to Australia on July 31 1997. He travelled under the name Richard Lloyd Westbury after a deed poll name change.

He denies having any contact with her after she returned to Australia on August 2nd. He denies knowing that she disappeared until police contacted him in 2021. He denies knowing she changed her name. He denies taking her money.

He was a photographer and a coin dealer. He travelled overseas in the 80s and 90s, particularly to Belgium.

Fake Names:
Fernand Nicklaus Remakel
Willie Woosters (sp?)
Richard Lloyd Westbury

According to the NAA documents, it’s Willy Wouter. He may have also used his mothers maiden name which starts with C and is in that document. There’s quite a list of aliases in the NAA document.

I recall listening to one of the podcast episodes where Sally mentioned someone commented about Marion not wanting contact or something to this effect on her “Marion Barter” Facebook page. Sally I think took a screenshot of the comment however the comment was shortly deleted by this person who was a male. Does anyone recall this and what the persons name was ? I’m not sure if it’s this same page Sally has for her mother now or a different one?

I recall listening to one of the podcast episodes where Sally mentioned someone commented about Marion not wanting contact or something to this effect on her “Marion Barter” Facebook page. Sally I think took a screenshot of the comment however the comment was shortly deleted by this person who was a male. Does anyone recall this and what the persons name was ? I’m not sure if it’s this same page Sally has for her mother now or a different one?
I actually just scrolled past an old post in an old thread about this just before. Pretty sure the commenter was named Clark Hunter.

Thanks so muxh for this -- is this info all from watching the inquest?

Fake Names:
Fernand Nicklaus Remakel
Willie Woosters (sp?)
Richard Lloyd Westbury

This is exactly what I was thinking when I read what he said about the 'pilot'. He's using information from the podcast to create a story that he thinks will raise just enough doubt/ mystery. I don't think it'll work!

Blum has to have been listening to the podcast. I don’t think there was a pilot or a previous encounter with him when she was married. That story fits with storylines from the podcast. Too unbelievable that they “reconnected accidentally.” My opinion she met him from the remakel ad & knew him as Remakel. He was just a con man.

I actually just scrolled past an old post in an old thread about this just before. Pretty sure the commenter was named Clark Hunter.
Thanks for this, I now wonder if this person and named person in inquest are linked or could be linked with evidence somehow?

I (personally) don't buy the affair in the 60s to be honest. They'd not long been married and I don't think Marion would have been likely to cheat. But, pure speculation, of course!

My understanding -

Willy W(?) as he called himself at the time - He claims he met Marion in Switzerland in the late 1960's when she was married to JW

a Belgium national, he moved to Australia in the late 1960's

He had a brief relationship with Marion at that time (must have followed her to Aus from Switzerland ? )

He changed his name to - RB - and admits he placed the ad in 1994 under the name MF R, he also applied for a Queensland drivers license under the name - FNR (well before Marion disappeared )

He also claims Marion placed an ad in a local paper in 1995 or 1996, and he didn't know it was her, but they met up again (was called RB at this stage) and had another relationship.

He admitted going to Southport school with her to collect books before she resigned, he also said he stored boxes for Marion and that they were delivered to his residence by the removal company.

He said a week later Marion and a tall man in a uniform ( white with gold markings on the sleeve) called to collect the boxes and advises she was travelling to Europe with this man.

Travelled to Japan, for Belgium - 17 June 1997 - returned 31 July 1997 as RLW (deed poll change)

Photographer and coin collector

Extensive traveler

Sounds like an extensive "relationship" over many years between Marion and this man. I would not be surprised if Sally knows him or knows of him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay