Australia Australia - Marion Barter, 51, missing after trip to UK, June 1997 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, Marion would not have had the right to work in the UK. Not as an Australian in her 50s. The education was highly regulated even in the 90s and no state funded or private school would have touched her with a bargepole without the right accreditation and paperwork - which she could have obtained, but not right away. Even if she thought she was married to an EU national.

Investing in a pre-school/nursery though would be a different matter. I can see why it would be attractive for a woman who wasn't just a teacher, but a teacher of the youngest age group in schools in Australia. Wasn't she teaching 5 or 6 year olds at the southport school?

"Even if she thought she was married to an EU national."

Was that the reason that RB gave her to change her name to his on her passport and perhaps get married in Japan?

However, could she have obtained work as a casual teacher?

Can an Australian citizen work in UK?

Do Australians citizens need a visa to work in the UK? Australians can live in the UK visa-free for up to six months as a tourist. However, if you're looking to do any paid, unpaid or volunteer work in the UK, you will need a working holiday visa. There are a variety of visas available on the UK Government website.

AM - MARKETING AND INTERNET SERVICES

Was this the name of the business someone posted recently please ?

I just remembered it was Estelle i think that posted about the set up of the business with his 3 names attached and the description matched this type of service .
I have found something linked to the lismore area with an Australian ABN early 2005
I just need to verify if this is the same type of business and service

I just remembered it was Estelle i think that posted about the set up of the business with his 3 names attached and the description matched this type of service .
I have found something linked to the lismore area with an Australian ABN early 2005
I just need to verify if this is the same type of business and service

1968-10-01

De Hedervary Frederick( RENOV PUBS ), BE0858473358, Financiële informatie - Infobel België - Telefoongids

This was created in 1968 the year before he visited Australia for a three month holiday. He lists three of his aliases as if there are three men doing it. Did he set this up so that Australian authorities would accept his application for resident status? Had he chosen these names back then?

Financial information

Registered officeRue des Francs 46 1040 Brussels BRUSSELS-CAPITAL

Date of creation 01/10/1968

VATBE0858473358

Fiscal year

Administrators

Frederick De Hereditary

Willy David-coppenolle

Ric Blum

Nacebel classificationDesigning and conducting advertising and promotional campaigns for others through the various media

Other linksPublications in the Belgian Official GazettePublications annual accounts NBBEmployer Directory

"Even if she thought she was married to an EU national."

Was that the reason that RB gave her to change her name to his on her passport and perhaps get married in Japan?

However, could she have obtained work as a casual teacher?

Can an Australian citizen work in UK?

Do Australians citizens need a visa to work in the UK? Australians can live in the UK visa-free for up to six months as a tourist. However, if you're looking to do any paid, unpaid or volunteer work in the UK, you will need a working holiday visa. There are a variety of visas available on the UK Government website.

Didnt Marion inquire about immigration in 1996 Estelle ? we saw something to that effect
I wondered why ?

1968-10-01

De Hedervary Frederick( RENOV PUBS ), BE0858473358, Financiële informatie - Infobel België - Telefoongids

This was created in 1968 the year before he visited Australia for a three month holiday. He lists three of his aliases as if there are three men doing it. Did he set this up so that Australian authorities would accept his application for resident status? Had he chosen these names back then?

Financial information

Registered officeRue des Francs 46 1040 Brussels BRUSSELS-CAPITAL

Date of creation 01/10/1968

VATBE0858473358

Fiscal year

Administrators

Frederick De Hereditary

Willy David-coppenolle

Ric Blum

Nacebel classificationDesigning and conducting advertising and promotional campaigns for others through the various media

Other linksPublications in the Belgian Official GazettePublications annual accounts NBBEmployer Directory

its most likely nothing however i was searching places around Wollonbar where he lived re rare coins and relative business and came across a big company Online Coins & Collectables - Authorised Royal Australian Mint Dealer – Online Coins and Collectables
And searched its ABN ..i just wondered why ABN change hands and names 2 of these were for very short period of registration for this type of company

I am in the dark about it being strange considering the market company was the original holder and only and one being only for 3 weeks

Historical details for ABN 14 860 403 413 | ABN Lookup

Just curious what everybody knows or thinks about this fins

Last edited:
its most likely nothing however i was searching places around Wollonbar where he lived re rare coins and relative business and came across a big company Online Coins & Collectables - Authorised Royal Australian Mint Dealer – Online Coins and Collectables
And searched its ABN ..i just wondered why ABN change hands and names 2 of these were for very short period of registration for this type of company

I am in the dark about it being strange considering the market company was the original holder and only and one being only for 3 weeks

Historical details for ABN 14 860 403 413 | ABN Lookup

Just curious what everybody knows or thinks about this fins

Some people often set up businesses primarily to sell them and make a quick profit.

Yes I read that too on somebody's timeline but it didn't make sense to me as I had never read that ever before.

What is the difference between emigration and immigration?

Immigrant and emigrant both refer to a person leaving their own country for another. ... People are emigrants when they leave their country of origin. When they arrive at their destination, they are immigrants.

Australian Citizen Moving To The UK, HOW DO I DO IT?

I'm assuming you don't have a British or other EU parent

If you are under the age of 30 you can get a Tier 5 Youth Mobility Visa, this will give up to 2 years in the UK where you can live and work.

If you don't qualify for that you may qualify for a Ancestry Visa if you have a British (or Irish before 1923) Grandparent. This is infinitely renewable.

After that there are spousal visas which are intended for people who are going to marry or live together permanently - though you need to demonstrate a 2 year long visa

Then you have the various work visas where you have to meet some criteria (generally involving a degree and/or lots of money.

After that there's the 6 month tourist visa. Note that immigration officers are very touchy about people entering the UK to live with a GF/BF as they assume (generally correctly) that they will try to do illegal things like work or refuse to go home after 6 months. Then again they get really upset with people who lie to them, so don't try to be clever or evasive as they will sniff you out and chuck you out of the UK for several years.

yes i don't know but i have a musician friend who was born in Australia and went to UK back in the 60 s to play in a high profile band and toured EU , USA etc but eventually had both passports concurrent i think and he had no problems re entry to either until he reapplied 3 years ago to go back to work touring and he said it was a nightmare to re enter because the system had changed so much over time

Entity name From To
MITCHELL, ANDREW JOHN
Business name(s)help
Business name From To
Unplugged Games 27 Jul 2019 (current)
ONLINE COINS 24 Sep 2009 (current)
Care Classifieds 30 Jun 2017 08 Nov 2018
HINTERLAND IT

I suppose i was thinking this is a way he may have sold off his gains worldwide and i can imagine a lot may have been sold to dealers or individuals here . I can imagine he had a legitimate business running concurrent with ill gotten gains over periods of time ..IMO

Entity name From To
MITCHELL, ANDREW JOHN
Business name(s)help
Business name From To
Unplugged Games 27 Jul 2019 (current)
ONLINE COINS 24 Sep 2009 (current)
Care Classifieds 30 Jun 2017 08 Nov 2018
HINTERLAND IT

https://www.dnb.com/business-direct...itchell.3254512bc9f83ce6515c5df7f0ce3a30.html

AM and AN - MARKETING AND INTERNET SERVICES ..It was this one i was more curious about and how i found the others ...and i was curious because this is a similar type of business he set up wasn't it ? Maybe i translated that description of the business incorrectly

But after I return from Europe” so that implies to me that she had not yet been to Luxembourg and intended to see Europe via the Orient Express? Yet she put on the Arrivals Card that she was a housewife living in Luxembourg. Maybe that is what he told her to write or someone else wrote it.

However, it appears that on this postcard, Marion was still hoping to go on the Orient Express and that is the way she had planned to see Europe. I decided to look up the route:

What is the traditional route for Orient Express?

The Orient Express has always run from Paris Gare de l'Est via Munich, Vienna & Budapest, whereas the Simplon Orient Express started running in April 1919, taking a Southerly route from Calais and Paris Gare de Lyon to Milan, Venice, Trieste, Zagreb, Belgrade, Sofia and Istanbul, with a portion for Athens.

So maybe they were going to meet up in England, he was already with Marion, or he had gone to Belgium on business and told her he would meet up with her later. Had RB promised Marion before they left that he would join her on the Orient Express? But Marion said in a later postcard that she had cancelled the idea of going on the Orient Express. Was that because RB had later told her that he could not longer join her so she didn't want to go alone?

But if RB was not with Marion in England, how did they meet up or communicate with each other if she did not have a set itinerary or a date and place to meet later? I doubt if both had mobile phones then. Did RB tell Marion to go to this travel agent friend of his in England (the same one JO was told to go to) who would know how to contact him? Then Marion could have been told that RB has had to go back to Australia urgently and that he would like her to buy a one way fare back to Australia and he would meet her at the airport. Or before Marion got to Heathrow airport, something happened to her and a female with dark hair used her airline ticket, got her passport and took the flight.

According to Marion’s postcard “delayed my Orient trip till late August, first available rebooking due to earlier rain and floods in Germany”

According to Marion’s postcard “delayed my Orient trip till late August, first available rebooking due to earlier rain and floods in Germany”

Oh not cancelled, delayed? Supposed to be in July and postponed to late August.

Well that makes me think she was murdered in the UK. She had no intention of coming home yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95