Australia Australia - Marion Barter, 51, missing after trip to UK, June 1997 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone remember where his supposed land was with all the trees.

Does it actually exist - not that it is his but an area that has trees like he said.

It's a huge red flag for me I keep thinking about it.

There's always a pinch of truth to these types of people's lies.
I wonder if it's a special place for him

can some one tell me if fredrick dehedevary was the soccer play Fernando remakel that Marion had an affair with early on or did fredrick dehedevary just use the name Fernando remakel as an alias name and its just a coincidence that Marion already had a fling with someone by the name of Fernando remake thanks in advance
There is nothing to suggest Marion ever had an affair with Fernand Remakel the soccer player from Belgium.

can some one tell me if fredrick dehedevary was the soccer play Fernando remakel that Marion had an affair with early on or did fredrick dehedevary just use the name Fernando remakel as an alias name and its just a coincidence that Marion already had a fling with someone by the name of Fernando remake thanks in advance

The real FR that was a professional soccer player has nothing to do with Marion going missing, he is a victim of someone stealing his identity, he never met Marion or knew her.

FDH - looks to have stolen FR identify and claimed he had an affair with Marion in the 60's, not sure anyone is buying that story. and then met her again in the 90's

N

Does it actually exist - not that it is his but an area that has trees like he said.

Nymboida

N

Nymboida

Yes red flag for me too ! apparently he had/has 20.000 acres of red cedar located in Nymboida
Village in New South Wales

Records from 1992 to 1996 must be searched through Deeds Name Search. From 1.4.1996

https://rg-guidelines.nswlrs.com.au/deeds/documents_lodged/change_of_name_-_deed_pol

The index for the Change of Name register was initially kept in separately bound books from 1875 to 1967. From 1967 to 1996 the deeds were recorded in the Vendors index. Records from 1992 to 1996 must be searched through Deeds Name Search. From 1.4..96 to date all change of name records have been kept by and must be searched through the NSW Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages. For more information see 'General Register of Deeds'.

A change of name can no longer be registered in the General Register of Deeds. A change of name should be referred to:

Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriage

https://www.nswlrs.com.au/getattachment/b76ba1b4-485c-4305-851b-73df873343ad/10CN-1

I have researched NSW because Marion was born in NSW ,
I believe you could still apply from QLD

I found the date change interesting but most likely coincidental .

Anyway for anybody interested in the details of name change and how processes changed over time

Yes red flag for me too ! apparently he had/has 20.000 acres of red cedar located in Nymboida
Village in New South Wales

I just left the Nymbodia area as i have friends there and it is not a village .. My friend has a hundred acres and is only a tiny bit of Nymboida with expansive views of never ending bush .

I wonder if they can go back and see who worked at the bank back then and find the actual teller. There might be some kind of record of Marion’s withdrawals.

IMO the $250,000 reward might spark some of FHDs acquaintances to come forward with any information they have.

Lol, this story is so confusing that I needed a refresher. I went back and listened to Casselden's opening speech from last week, where he summarises RB's witness statement:

RB, previously known as FDdH and WW, claims he had an affair with Marion (Warren) during the mid 60's. She was there with Socceroo husband, Johnny Warren for a training camp. RB said he was known as Willy Wouters at that time and that he met Marion at the hotel lobby.

Marion was married to JW from 67 to 69. Records show she travelled 'overseas' between Sep 1968 to Feb 1969. We know she was definitely in England around Sept 1968 but we've never heard of Marion potentially having been in Switzerland until now.

RB admits he placed the Monsieur FN Remakel ad in the Le Courrier in 94 - the one that has the Lennox Head PO Box and Ballina ph number. And that he was looking for a French speaking friend. We don't know if Marion ever saw the Le Courrier ad.

RB claims that years later Marion (Barter) placed a 'lonely hearts' ad herself around 95 0r 96, and HE responded to HER. At this time, he went by the name Ric. Because of the name change, he claims he did not know it was the same Marion, they talked on the phone, met up for a meal or drink and went back to her house, then spent 3 or 4 nights together. At this time, she told him personal info about herself, her family and her job.

RB claims that after Marion resigned, he went to TSS with her to pick up some books. After she sold her house, she asked him to store boxes at his house in Wollongbar in Lismore and they arrived by a removalist. For reference, Wollongbar is a 20 min drive from Ballina central. Given what we know of Marions's movements, Police believe these incidents would have happened between April and May of 1997.

RB claims about a week later, Marion went to collect the boxes at his house with a tall man in his 50s who might be a navy officer or pilot. Marion and the man were going to Europe to go on the Orient Express. She was going to live in the UK with the man and wanted to open a private school in England. This was the last time he saw her.

Police say RB was a photographer and coin dealer who travelled frequently to Europe in the 80s and 90s, primarily to Belgium, for work and personal reasons. He also lived in a number of states in Australia.

Police say they have records that Ric Blum obtained a QLD licence in the name Fernand Nikolaus Remakel, many years before Marion changed her name and disappeared.

On YouTube, search: 'Coroners Court of New South Wales'.
Video: Inquest into the disappearance of Marion Barter (aka Florabella Natalia Remakel) - Day one
Timestamp: 4:04:26

Answering someone else's question, it's an uncanny coincidence that there is also another man named FNMR in Luxembourg who was a professional soccer player, but we don't know if he ever met Johnny Warren or Marion. That FNMR claims to never have been to Australia. And there are no passports in or out of Aus in the name of FN Remakel, other than Marion.

Short version
RB admits to being Mr FNR and records show he had a QLD licence in that name. He also admits he knew Marion and had an intimate relationship with her, including seeing her shortly before she (coincidently) changed her name to his alias, went overseas and disappeared. Had also admits to going to her workplace and having her belongings in his house. What do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:
So here’s my thoughts on con artists.. there’s ego.. I mean there has to be doesn’t there to walk around as a different person, use different names attempt to pass of cheques with forged signatures.?

you have to have ego to do that..

So that got me thinking.. ego.. boasting about wealth, coins, boasting about property with red cedar trees.. that thought led me to search if red cedar grows naturally in the area of nymboida.. yes it’s possible. Plantations not so much as there hasn’t been a lot of success growing the native red cedar as plantations.
From there I thought I wonder if there’s images of red cedar in Nymboida… maybe an old property?

And down the rabbit hole I went again (lost count over the last few years with this case) anyway… I ended up on Flickr.

Then the idea of ego and past docs of man of many names stating he was a photographer.. so I searched.

there is
Willy Wouters x 3
Ric Blum x 2
Richard Westbury x 1
Nymboida x 1
None of these profiles on Flickr have uploaded any images.

I don’t know if I have a point as my search was unsuccessful BUT I do believe ego plays a big part and the thrill of the chase.

Therefore if you are ego driven… you make mistakes because your ego gets in the way…. IF this person was involved with Marion whilst OS or on return… there will be something out there.. that proves this it may be the tiniest thing.. but it’s there.

something he has forgotten, something he showed off about.. something his ego couldn’t hide.

I'm also remembering that there were a whole lot of employees form Colonial and CBA in the area that HAVE been arrested for fraud and ripping off their elderly clients.

Graham Patrick Higgins who worked at Byron Bay CBA and was known to do shifts at Burleigh Heads is just one example.

Interesting as always Peralta ... Do you have a time period for this episode so i can have a look ? or a suggestion for search words please ..?

The real FR that was a professional soccer player has nothing to do with Marion going missing, he is a victim of someone stealing his identity, he never met Marion or knew her.

FDH - looks to have stolen FR identify and claimed he had an affair with Marion in the 60's, not sure anyone is buying that story. and then met her again in the 90's
Thanks I'll have to relisten thought they said Marion had a brief affair with FR in the 70s. As Fredrick and Dianne lived in rosebay in the 1980s

RB gave a statement to police that he had a brief affair with MB in the late 1960's in Switzerland. Most would say this is rubbish, he is also a con man and trying to create a plausible story, but IMO it is just that, a story

Sorry the info on Graham Partick Higgins isn't at the inquest, simply google. We did a deep dive on him and others like him ages ago, but I have forgotten all the details. Search this thread as well?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's going to be interesting to see RB next week, go into 'backpedal mode' trying to find ways to explain they evidence they've found. For sure, he will weave in some truth to anchor the lies.

This is exactly why I’m thinking he might be in custody? If he isn’t in custody, then he has been free to watch the entire inquest and therefore would know exactly what information has been revealed so far. Things that make very little sense to us right now (like the questions about a laneway beside Marion’s house) would make total sense to him. If he has been free to watch the inquest and has internet access, he is now one step ahead and has gained himself one week to think up more lies in preparation for the 14th.

So here’s my thoughts on con artists.. there’s ego.. I mean there has to be doesn’t there to walk around as a different person, use different names attempt to pass of cheques with forged signatures.?

you have to have ego to do that..

So that got me thinking.. ego.. boasting about wealth, coins, boasting about property with red cedar trees.. that thought led me to search if red cedar grows naturally in the area of nymboida.. yes it’s possible. Plantations not so much as there hasn’t been a lot of success growing the native red cedar as plantations.
From there I thought I wonder if there’s images of red cedar in Nymboida… maybe an old property?

And down the rabbit hole I went again (lost count over the last few years with this case) anyway… I ended up on Flickr.

Then the idea of ego and past docs of man of many names stating he was a photographer.. so I searched.

there is
Willy Wouters x 3
Ric Blum x 2
Richard Westbury x 1
Nymboida x 1
None of these profiles on Flickr have uploaded any images.

I don’t know if I have a point as my search was unsuccessful BUT I do believe ego plays a big part and the thrill of the chase.

Therefore if you are ego driven… you make mistakes because your ego gets in the way…. IF this person was involved with Marion whilst OS or on return… there will be something out there.. that proves this it may be the tiniest thing.. but it’s there.

something he has forgotten, something he showed off about.. something his ego couldn’t hide.

Yes Red Cedars were all but wiped out by logging resources and after that a deadly moth makes it difficult to cultivate , however if successful and some do have some success but it us so rare if you did succeed on that amount of acres yes you could "stand:" to make a fortune .

Other than that , what are you saying re the names here and in reference to what in Nymbodia
please ? Curious

Yes Red Cedars were all but wiped out by logging resources and after that a deadly moth makes it difficult to cultivate , however if successful and some do have some success but it us so rare if you did succeed on that amount of acres yes you could "stand:" to make a fortune .

Other than that , what are you saying re the names here and in reference to what in Nymbodia
please ? Curious
Well I ended up on Flickr looking at images that people have snapped of the Nymboida area thought maybe random pic of red cedars.. then noticed you can search people on there.

People that take photos and share them many amateur photographers do that. It made me think of the man of many names and his ego and his constant photography listed as his profession so I searched users with his name/s and the above names came up without any content. Most joined around 2010-13ish

“Heaps of private schools. Could have had a job in a local village school. Relief but not ready yet”. Also “I found a brochure for The Mead School (Tunbridge Wells) around where I’m staying. It looked interesting. There seem to be a lot of private schools everywhere. But after I return from Europe”

Based on these postcard entries I don’t think Marion was looking at purchasing a school (good luck with that in the South East of England) but was missing teaching already and was considering taking a job in a school in the area.

I wonder if this "school" thing is another one of those issues where we use different terminology in the UK/Australia and there has been confusion.

School to me as a UK based person would mean somewhere that children aged 5+ would go, compulsory education. There are of course private schools in the UK but they aren't really bought or sold. Most have charitable or non-profit making status and are run by a board of trustees rather than being "owned" and they don't change hands. As a teacher Marion would probably have been aware of this and I don't think she'd have perceived "investing in a private school" as any way attractive/plausible had she known about British education system.

On the other hand there are the establishments which we would call nurseries, and which in other parts of the world would be known as daycare, pre-school, kindergarten etc. Places which look after children up to the age of compulsory education, providing care for babies as little as 3 months right up to 5 year olds. In the 3-4-5 age range there is an educational element and many will have a qualified teacher on site. Most nurseries/kindergartens/daycares are privately owned and run either by a company or individual. These places set up and close down all the time and are much smaller. Many just run out of a converted house. That sort of proposed investment I can see as more plausible, and the smart villages/towns in affluent West Sussex would be just the sort of place where the service is in high demand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaJ