Australia Australia - Marion Barter, 51, missing after trip to UK, June 1997 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to guess that they traced him through the ad in the paper ( because why would you admit to that unless the police had proof), or you were totally incident and had no clue why they were asking (doubtful of this).

Maybe his photography or coin collecting business is linked to the P/O box somewhere.

2nd enquiry his travel movements in 1997 provide another link for police.

just a thought

But didn't he say he didn't place the ad in the french newspaper? I thought he said he replied to an ad in another paper from a lady who he didn't know at the time was MB. Has he admitted to any knowledge of the ad from " FR" in the french newspaper?

Did I miss something? How are these safety boxes related?
I missed that part too. What names was the safety box under? Did he say it was 2003 or something? As soon as the audio dropped out after you could hear kids voices in the background I immediately thought the kids have put AirPods in and the audio has switched to bluetooth or something. o_O

No he has said that he placed the ad in the french newspaper. He said he used the name Remakel for the ad.

He also said that at another time he replied to an ad that Marion placed in a different paper.

But didn't he say he didn't place the ad in the french newspaper? I thought he said he replied to an ad in another paper from a lady who he didn't know at the time was MB. Has he admitted to any knowledge of the ad from " FR" in the french newspaper?

No he has said that he placed the ad in the french newspaper. He said he used the name Remakel for the ad.

He also said that at another time he replied to an ad that Marion placed in a different paper.

oh wow! So she apparently replied to an ad of someone she met overseas years ago not knowing it was him and he did the exact same thing with her in another newspaper?

this man thinks this story is believable how? his version of events is ridiculous.

Are we allowed to post about names mentioned. I'm not quite sure.

But it was one of the aliases that came out in yesterdays Day 1.

I missed that part too. What names was the safety box under? Did he say it was 2003 or something? As soon as the audio dropped out after you could hear kids voices in the background I immediately thought the kids have put AirPods in and the audio has switched to bluetooth or something.

he admitted to placing the Remakel ad (04:08:07 of the inquest )

He didn't admit that that was how he met Marion

He said he meet Marion for the 2nd time from an ad she placed, not from the ad he placed

I missed that part too. What names was the safety box under? Did he say it was 2003 or something? As soon as the audio dropped out after you could hear kids voices in the background I immediately thought the kids have put AirPods in and the audio has switched to bluetooth or something. o_O
The safe custody holding (for up to an A3 envelope size) was made in RB’s other name he used. Date I believe was 14/10/97 so just weeks after Marion took money out and was never seen again.

I have my doubts that Marion did place an ad. That's mostly because he said it.

I imagine LE have looked into whether Marion placed an ad or not.

I agree re LE.

It does look like they are going all out now to try and find out what happened to Marion.

I agree re LE.

It does look like they are going all out now to try and find out what happened to Marion.

Yes I think the only thing we can believe that he said is he placed the Remakel ad in 1994. We can believe that as we know he had a drivers license in a Remakel name so it makes sense.
Everything else he says I have my doubts on it all unless other facts back it up. He is a con artist after all!

I agree re LE.

agree - I don't think they meet for a 2nd time via an ad place by her .., I don't think they meet in Europe in the 60's

I don't think they meet through his ad either, I think they may have met another way but he was using the FNR name

I think he is a liar and I think he has followed the case

The safe custody holding (for up to an A3 envelope size) was made in RB’s other name he used. Date I believe was 14/10/97 so just weeks after Marion took money out and was never seen again.
Makes me wonder if it was around this time she ceased ? When did she use her Medicare card for the last known time ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bubbajax