Australia Australia - Marion Barter, 51, missing after trip to UK, June 1997 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is off topic to the present moment in the trial but can someone just briefly summarise for me what Kim Burke's role is in the inquest? Because I thought she was there to represent the interests of the police but the questions she asked DdH yesterday didn't seem to align with what I thought that would entail. (e.g. asking about the boat)

This is off topic to the present moment in the trial but can someone just briefly summarise for me what Kim Burke's role is in the inquest? Because I thought she was there to represent the interests of the police but the questions she asked DdH yesterday didn't seem to align with what I thought that would entail. (e.g. asking about the boat)

Yes. Kim Burke represents NSW Police Commissioner, Garry Sheehan and Graham Childs.

She is there throughout the whole thing because the Coroner has the ability to make observations on how police made errors and make recommendations on how to improve process and handle cases in the future.

Not sure why she specifically asked those questions. But she needs to be across the entire case. Perhaps her interest was simply as a lawyer and to get clarity. Or she might even pass on notes of things to follow up on to Casselden.

Yes. Kim Burke represents NSW Police Commissioner, Garry Sheehan and Graham Childs.

She is there throughout the whole thing because the Coroner has the ability to make observations on how police made errors and make recommendations on how to handle cases in the future.

Not sure why she specifically asked those questions. But she needs to be across the entire case.
Thank you! That's what I thought - it's just that her questions really threw me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog