Australia Australia - Marion Barter, 51, missing after trip to UK, June 1997 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's breaking. Casselden, holding a piece of paper, asked RB if he placed any ads seeking companionship, other than Le Courrier. He's close to tears and says he has no idea. He's barely whispering. Suddenly he has nothing to say. No extraordinary, detailed and long winded stories.

Casselden is going through each word of Le Courrier ad and asking if he was pretending to be the real FR from Lux. RB says no way.

I think at this point he's given up in the sense that he may have realised that quite a bit of what he's already said is likely to bury him on multiple potential pension fraud/perjury charges. I imagine the inside of his brain right now looks like the Waltzers.

OMG pension that he GETS FROM OVERSEAS! As well as an Aussie pension. Uh oh! I don't think that's allowed?
My father in law receives a pension from both his home country and here. The one from o/S is taken into account by Centrelink. It can be done legitimately- whether RB did it legitimately is another question.

He's breaking. Casselden, holding a piece of paper, asked RB if he placed any ads seeking companionship, other than Le Courrier. He's close to tears and says he has no idea. He's barely whispering. Suddenly he has nothing to say. No extraordinary, detailed and long winded stories.

Casselden is going through each word of Le Courrier ad and asking if he was pretending to be the real FR from Lux. RB says no way.

Wow this is juicy - maybe they've found other ads?

Wow this is juicy - maybe they've found other ads?

The splitting of hairs between deliberate and calculating… (over the lies in the advert)

Could be that they found others, or maybe just using a prop piece of paper which is AAA+++ lawyer skilz. Either way, it worked!
IMO they must have evidence of more ads because of how Casselden said to the judge to note "the significant pauses" he'd left between each of his questions, i.e. he's given RB enough time to tell the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95