Australia Australia - Marion Barter, 51, missing after trip to UK, June 1997 #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe cordemans et Cie is a tax agent who from what I can find now lives in Spain still has that company on his FB profile.. I often wondered if he was the ‘accountant’ referred to many times by RB..? Right at this minute I can’t remember his name lol
Cordemans et Cie (ENG: Cordemans and Co) at Rue de Francs, 46 was established in Dec 1984 and closed in 2004 according to this CORDEMANS ET Cie SPRL à Etterbeek - 0426.659.844

Yes, Nailed it! This is why I am so interested in his vehement denial of being arrested as Roger Lauzoney in Lille and of using the alias RL. Especially as RL was in possession of a passport in the name of FdH. Usually he will accept if there is proof and come up with a story to cover why. In this case, not (or at least that is MOO and memory of the inquest testimony on this point)
Maybe RL stole his passport with the hope of stealing his identity! Haha

The latest episode made me realise that RB and DW returned to Aus because she'd had enough and wanted to be closer to her family. RB said he wasn't pleased and that he wished he never relocated permanently. . . .

While you can't believe anything he says, there may be a grain of truth in this. I can't get the Dentist and Maz out of my mind. Thought being, he had cronies in Europe. Not necessarily accomplices but pals. Anyone who's been an ex-pat knows this feeling.

Maybe RL stole his passport with the hope of stealing his identity! Haha

Does it make any difference if the passport of FdH was Australian?

So the theory is that RB could have been born RL. Also RB could be younger than being born in 1939. Later RB adopts the name Wouters and later De Hedervary.

Last edited:
I guess we all hear things differently.

I wasn't expecting much out of the podcast, but listening to the retelling made clear to me what he had been saying.

When RB spoke I thought I'd understood most of it, but I was wrong.
So it's a big thanks to the podcast team from me. They made things a lot clearer.

After listening to the latest podcast episode I wish they could tone down the French/Belgium accent. It was easier to understand the real Mr aka. Other than that keep up the good work!

Last edited:
Only because he kept telling JO that they should go to the French Riviera and that RB used to spend weekdays in France while he lived in UK with DW. He used to bring back French food for his fam. IDK. You're right, it could've been moored anywhere! He could've even changed docks regularly to avoid detection or to be closer to wherever he took each victim.
Only because he kept telling JO that they should go to the French Riviera and that RB used to spend weekdays in France while he lived in UK with DW. He used to bring back French food for his fam. IDK. You're right, it could've been moored anywhere! He could've even changed docks regularly to avoid detection or to be closer to wherever he took each victim.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220221_202448.jpg
    Screenshot_20220221_202448.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 102
  • Screenshot_20220221_200938.jpg
    Screenshot_20220221_200938.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 91
Does it make any difference if the passport was Australian?

So the theory is that RB could have been born RL. Also RB could be younger than being born in 1939. Later RB adopts the name Wouters and later De Hedervary.
That is the theory I have been pondering, yes. Could also just be an earlier alias. It seems to be the least known and perhaps, like the illustionist’s misdirection, he one wants to hide most. I mean Morocco as birth place is a bit out of left field too. Morocco was a French protectorate until 1956 (as was Algeria until independence in 1962). The RL DOB is 1945 and there were all sorts of shenanigans during and at the end of WW2 (e.g. lesser known history is that the Americans entered the war in Morocco at the behest of the Brits and their first battle was with French soldiers!). Whether it is RB’s real name or an alias, it is intriguing given the DOB and Place of Birth and what was happening there at that time. I get that some sleuths are worried that this sleuthing has diverged from MB disappearance but, IMO, understanding the man can shed some light on the MO of adopting aliases (for which RB provides no explanation) and maybe leads to understanding the Richard Lloyd Westbury alias used a the time he travelled in 1997? MOO

Are there any photos of young Ddh or RB? Seems odd that there is little record of them …
Long time reader and podcast listener, first time posting here. There is a passport photo of RB as WW in 1969 on the NAA file on page 16. Newbie here and I am not sure if we are allowed to post photos so here is the link to the NAA that someone else had shared earlier.
View digital copy (naa.gov.au)

For anyone who doesn't want to type the whole thing into google translate like I did (this may have been posted before but repeating again):

"Monsieur and Honoré Confrere (?)

I am sending you, by the same mail, the proofs of the exam that you were kind enough to entrust to me and of which you will find the report below.

Name: Kinczel Flona [sic] 261506 11-5-46

Object: Thorax

Disputes:

Slightly asymmetrical thorax with scoliosis with right convexity and slight difference in tone of the pulmonary fields. No suspicious parenchymal condensation. Clear peaks. Regular cupolas(?). Free sinuses. No increase in heart volume. "

This is a literal translation so it might not be 100% accurate.

Is the F in Ilona's name just a typo?

Attachments

• medical cert.jpg
    medical cert.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 9
I’ve been wondering, what might be the (nefarious) purpose for opening & maintaining the Renov Pubs company all these years?. Same question for Ballina Coins. Doing anything illegal in the company’s name doesn’t seem like it would give any cover. BUT there must be some reason for the companies. And I doubt the reason is legitimate entrepreneurship. Just wondering why open/keep open?

@MrsWattle The Chusan. OMG. I'm speechless :eek::eek::eek: Submerge the whole boat in tub of luminol. Analyse GPS. Find every log.
There are 2 Chusans. If they check the registration names records, and maritime transport radio records, and who pays to maintain it in different marinas over the years. Starting at Dover UK and Calais France

Hahha, it's insane. He actually said she JUMPED on his neck. And the Coroner made him repeat it so he clarified and said it again. JUMPED on his neck. Ahahahaha. How could any woman jump on the neck of a man who is 6 foot 2? In a hotel lobby?!

Wasn't RB saying that this happened when they met in the car park during their second meeting when she realised who she was? Or did I completely misunderstand that? Either way, I assumed that he meant she like flung her arms around his neck? My friend thought he said 'jumped on my knee' so honestly I have no idea.

It is also possible that FDH and DDH were on the boat under different names/passports. All they would have to do is steal someone’s passport, right?

Can I just clarify - do you mean when they met? So you think they were both separately con artists/using aliases? Because isn't the boat supposed to be where they met? [allegedly] :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member