Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Longtime follower….. first post.
Just wanted to commend you all on your amazing teamwork! Fascinating watching it all come together. And love that you include links to pertinent docs….
Sally, Marion and the police are so blessed to have your support! you guys rock! X

So I decided to do a search on outgoing passenger cards..
Here is DW from when she left the country.
Note her birthdate... it says the 17th and on the incoming card it says the 16th. And mentions she is british again on this document. I wonder if she has dual citizenship therefore 2 passports...
Mother was also on the same ship departing, but couldn't find father
The handwriting is almost an exact replica

for my mother who was born in the 30’s. I wonder if she filled it out for her daughter? Doesn’t really explain the dob discrepancy though. Interesting she’s ticked business for their reason for travel. Maybe her father was in England working and that’s why we don’t see his name on passenger cards? Maybe that’s how Mr aka met him?

I've updated alias list. Casselden said:
  • over 30 aliases, many of which are slight variations to FDdH (I'll post secondary alias list later)
  • 10 passports in 8 different names
I have 5 different passport names plus 2 additional possible different passports names.
So there's at least one passport name we haven't figure out yet.

Main aliases
1939 – Willy C0ppenolle (alleged name at orphanage)
1969 – Willy Wouters (passport, DOB 9 July 1939, arr Perth via UK)
1971 Fredy David (possible passport, arr Aus on Chusan from UK)
1976 – Frederick David de Hedervary (name change, passport, married DW)
1976-77Roger Lauzoney (possible passport, DOB 2 Jan 1945 Morocco, ID jail Lux + FDdH passport)
1985 – Chaim Frederick David Dehedervary (NSW license)
24 Aug 88 – Fernand Nocolas Remakel (QLD license)
2 Oct 1992 – Fernand Nocolas Remakel (QLD license renewed)
1992 – Richard Lloyd Westbury (name change, passport)
10 Dec 94 – FN Remakel (Le Courrier rencontre)
17 Jun 1997 – Richard Lloyd Westbury (passport, dep Aus, Marion dep 22 Jun)
31 Jul 1997 – Richard Lloyd Westbury (passport, arr Aus) Marion arr 2 Aug)
Late 90s – de Havardary (encounter with GGB)
1998-99 – Ric West (as known by JO)
Nov 1999 – Rich Richard (name change, passport, travel with JO)
May 2002Frederick David de Hedervary (possible passport and name change, but same as previous name)
mid 2000’s – Willy David Coppenolle (CBA bank)
Current – Ric Blum (name change, possibly when podcast came out)
I think there’s more to the Ric Blum alias than so far meets the eye as the name was used as a director of his first company. I’m sure more has happened with it in the intervening period.

I absolutely think this is what happens. This way he can access all sorts of information about them to steal or borrow their identity. I think from memory during the inquest when asked about why he first applied for the Remakel licence he said something along the lines of “I had his documents and it was easy so why not?”
100% agree.
Thank you @ruby925 Passport list found on day 7, 4h 20m
We now have all 10 passports in 8 different names used in Australia :)

Main alias list
1939 – Willy Coppenolle (alleged name at orphanage)
Mar 1969Willy Wouters (Belgian passport 1, arr Perth via UK, residency)
Mar 1971 – Fredy David (possible o/s passport, arr Aus on Chusan from UK)
Feb 1976Frederick David de Hedervary (Aus passport 2-4, married DW, citizenship)
1976-77 – Roger Lauzoney (possible 0/s passport, ID jail Lux also with FDdH passport)
1985 – Chaim Frederick David Dehedervary (NSW license)
1987Richard Lloyd West (Aus passport 5, name change after long absence overseas)
24 Aug 1988 – Fernand Nocolas Remakel (QLD license)
2 Oct 1992 – Fernand Nocolas Remakel (QLD license renewed)
1992Richard Westbury (Aus passport 6)
10 Dec 1994 – FN Remakel (Le Courrier rencontre)
17 Jun 1997 – Richard Westbury (dep Aus) (Marion dep 22 Jun)
31 Jul 1997 – Richard Westbury (arr Aus) (Marion arr 2 Aug)
Late 1990s – de Havardary (as known by GGB)
1998-99 – Ric West (as known by JO)
Nov 1999Rich Richard (Aus passport 7, travel with JO)
May 2002Frederick David de Hedervary (Aus passport 8, name change to previous name)
2011 Willy David Coppenolle (Aus passport 9, CBA bank)
CurrentRic Blum (Aus passport 10, name change possibly when podcast came out)

I don't understand why Aust Government departments/agencies are allowing him to continue to change his name. Surely they have been negligent and are therefore complicit to all the damages that he has caused with different identities.
There appear to be plenty of rules governing name changes, so are these rules not being applied by govt agencies, or is he forging identity documents. Makes me question his insistence "It's legal to change your name"

Names and name change

Change of name

What happened in Japan or on Japan airlines?

Between 31 Oct 1993 to 31 July 1997 he regularly flew on Japan airlines. His last Japan airlines flight was 31 July 1997 when he arrived at Eagle Farm Airport, a small airport north of Brisbane. Even though he continued to regularly fly overseas up until 29 March 2012 (his last entry to Australia, hasn't flown o/s since). For reference, his final Japan airlines flight on 31 July 1997 is important because 'Marion' returned to Aus 2 August 1997.

Can we assume someone saw something? Or Someone knows something?

100% agree.

I don't understand why Aust Government departments/agencies are allowing him to continue to change his name. Surely they have been negligent and are therefore complicit to all the damages that he has caused with different identities.
There appear to be plenty of rules governing name changes, so are these rules not being applied by govt agencies, or is he forging identity documents. Makes me question his insistence "It's legal to change your name"

Names and name change

Change of name
If he has multiple birth certs he could have applied for multiple name changes under each without flagging link between different identities. Probably less requirement for photo ID back then… plus he probably had photo ID as licences anyway.

From the very beginning RB was using Australia as a getaway. Going in and out with various passports. From one of the 1980 investigations:

- 1969, Oct - Days after getting 3 mo residence status, Willy Wouters leaves AUS, in an unknown name.

- 1969 Nov - AUS Immigration issues a "stop" card for him. He's not to leave AUS without questioning. They were already suspicious. 1969!

- 1970 bef Feb - WW returns to AUS in unknown name.

- 1970, 15 Feb - WW leaves AUS as Willy Wouters.

- 1971 - returns to AUS via ship on which he meets Diane. Using name Fredy David. Enters AUS on unknown name.

- 1971, by Dec - leaves AUS in unknown name.

I know you guys are light years ahead of me, but I'm trying to get an idea of how RB operated. He was a full-on, non-stop criminal before his first step on AUS soil and his first snuggle with young Diane.

It is incredible that Immigration, Federal Police and State police have not done their job joining the dots to him!

But what is more incredible is that it has taken ONE woman, searching for her mum and never giving up investigating every lead ( no MATTER how crazy it may seem ) finally leads to the dealing of such a criminal.

There have been some really interesting theories and researching done here and every theory is valid and not to be dismissed. Had Sally taken the view of others, she would never have uncovered the life of "WW" and his dealings!

Excellent!! Note the nationality change of British is crossed out and Australian is added on a previous post D’s departure card had British so I am going to suggest that maybe Donald migrated here from England at some stage and he perhaps has dual passports and so does his daughter??

RGW, Diane's father, was born in Australia. His parents were married in Perth WA in 1911, and he was born in Coolgardie WA in 1912. You can find them on the Pioneers Index by searching for their surname - there is no option to link to individual records, nor does it show anything more than is on the index. His parents divorced in 1938 (here, scroll down to Walker v Walker). I found this through searching the mother's full name on Trove and that led me to search in WA.

Two last thoughts from my spreadsheet, and then I must go do something with my day!

1. It would seem Sally would at least have a case against AUS Immigration and Citizenship for having a full file on WW and then dropping the ball. Virtually everything was known about his criminal activity, including his aliases, in 1980.

2. Diane knows absolutely everything there is to know about RB. No doubt in my mind. From the first year of their marriage, while they are together in Europe, RB is arrested in Brussels and found to have the FdeH passport on him. He goes to jail.

When they return to AUS, their passenger cards say they were in Belgium and UK for 2 years. Diane knows full well that Ric was in prison. In fact, immigration investigation believes he was in and out of AUS during that year (without Diane.)

It is incredible that Immigration, Federal Police and State police have not done their job joining the dots to him! . . . . There have been some really interesting theories and researching done here and every theory is valid and not to be dismissed. Had Sally taken the view of others, she would never have uncovered the life of "WW" and his dealings!

This made me SMILE really big. My family knows I'm a half-empty person, and you, dear @mishy66, are clearly a half-full person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scyna0895