Australia Australia - Marion Barter, 51, missing after trip to UK, June 1997 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
04/12/1981 – FDdH departs Aus, no apparent re-entry for 6 years (in my timeline)
1986 FdH and DdH returned to Australia
21/01/1987 RGW died aged 79yo
5/09/1988 PW died aged about 67yo

So they didn't have long to wait until DdH inherited the family fortune.
Also in relation to this timeline FdH claims to have lost his passport and gets another in Germany in 1986 and applies for the Remakel DL in August 1988.

I think there’s more to the Ric Blum alias than so far meets the eye as the name was used as a director of his first company. I’m sure more has happened with it in the intervening period.
Yes, me too. I am interested in the "provenance" (if I can call it that) of a number of the aliases, including and especially the Roger Lauzoney/ Lazoney one.

100% agree.

I don't understand why Aust Government departments/agencies are allowing him to continue to change his name. Surely they have been negligent and are therefore complicit to all the damages that he has caused with different identities.
There appear to be plenty of rules governing name changes, so are these rules not being applied by govt agencies, or is he forging identity documents. Makes me question his insistence "It's legal to change your name"

Names and name change

Change of name
IMO (and knowing the Australian government system) I think he has had a combination of cunning and opportunistic strokes of luck in this regard. As a con artist he would understand how to exploit loop holes in a system and thus the division of responsibilities between Federal and state governments in Australia and especially during a time of paper rather than electronic trails is advantageous. IMO (again) I don't think it's a case of them "allowing" him but lack of attention detail (typos!) and follow up between different agencies in Federal (immigration responsibility) and state government department (e.g. transport responsibility, BMD) coupled with many changes of name/ lost passports etc has certainly played in his favour.

What happened in Japan or on Japan airlines?

Between 31 Oct 1993 to 31 July 1997 he regularly flew on Japan airlines. His last Japan airlines flight was 31 July 1997 when he arrived at Eagle Farm Airport, a small airport north of Brisbane. Even though he continued to regularly fly overseas up until 29 March 2012 (his last entry to Australia, hasn't flown o/s since). For reference, his final Japan airlines flight on 31 July 1997 is important because 'Marion' returned to Aus 2 August 1997.

Can we assume someone saw something? Or Someone knows something?

When I first heard about the JAL "conundrum" my first thought was Occam's Razor (that you mentioned before). Was it simply that at that time the JAL route was one favoured by Travel agents and being promoted? The reason I say that is that in the 1990s, after years of me doing the usual Kangaroo route as it was known (i.e. Oz-KL or Singapore-Dubai-UK route) I took up a promotional/ cheaper alternative to fly JAL via Tokyo. Promotions did tend to change the choice for frequent flyers. And on that note...as a frequent flyer himself did he join and collect frequent flyer points to use on some trips??

Last edited:
Hi - here is a personnel list from the gendarmes, from Belgium's archive website for perusal
(Google Translate) "Police archives inventory
federal. Historic service. Folders
personnel and documentation concerning
the gendarmes, 1870-1990"

https://search.arch.be/en/?option=c...d&format=pdf&eadid=BE-A0510_717785_803276_FRE

Haven't been able to find any names related to Wily Wonka yet

Oh my goodness @caitlincurious you are incredible.

There is a link to him in there alright.

This is part of the extensive ancestral tree that person has undertaken.
He is related within the Maria Coppenelle linage but yet to find the connection.

Adrien Emile Van Coppenolle (1893-1975)
  • Born in 1892
  • Deceased 30 June 1975 - Houthalen, aged 83 years old
  • Buried 3 July 1975 - Houthalen
  • Kolonel
Van Coppenolle Adrien Emile
https://www.blogen.wiki/blog/nl/Emile_Van_Coppenolle

Attachments

• adrien emile van coppenolle.jpg
    adrien emile van coppenolle.jpg
    279.2 KB · Views: 31
MOO: DW knew some but not all.
IMO con artists rarely have an accomplice that knows EVERYTHING, and they keep everyone in dark on a range of different aspects according to what suits or what they can get away with.
IMO also, DW has maybe gone through stages from (1) in the early days been completely fooled by being love bombed (2) the stage where she has been maybe suspicious and questioned certain things, but RB has operated on the "Plausible Deniability" technique, supported by the advantage of separation of distance (3) the stage of being completely under control and subject to gaslighting as she aged and memories fade (hence RB's attempt suggest she doesn't remember anything due to a medical issue)....this is classic gaslighting. Weaving confusing stories (his MO even now) is also classic gaslighting.

He is related within the Maria Coppenelle linage but yet to find the connection.

• Born in 1892
  • Kolonel
Emile Van Coppenolle (Emile Van Coppenolle) 2021 - blogen.wiki
I found a few Davids, Coppenolles and Wouters.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-02-24 at 1.19.44 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-02-24 at 1.19.44 PM.png
    40.2 KB · Views: 53
  • Screen Shot 2022-02-24 at 1.19.33 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-02-24 at 1.19.33 PM.png
    69.6 KB · Views: 53
  • Screen Shot 2022-02-24 at 1.19.25 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-02-24 at 1.19.25 PM.png
    94.1 KB · Views: 53
  • Screen Shot 2022-02-24 at 1.17.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-02-24 at 1.17.05 PM.png
    38.6 KB · Views: 55
  • Screen Shot 2022-02-24 at 1.16.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-02-24 at 1.16.34 PM.png
    24.2 KB · Views: 49
Basically Eagle Farm airport no longer exists, part of it is buried under a motorway - I don't know why they had docs showing he entered there in 1997. He would have definitely arrived into Brisbane international airport on his JAL flight.
IMO because the current "huge" International terminal in its current location opened in 2008, and until that time International and domestic arrivals were conducted from different ends of what is now the domestic terminal (the first stage airport upgrade construction) close to the original Eagle Farm site.

I really like this @MrsEmmaPeel
It is possibly close to the truth yes! He could also be M.Copponelles sisters child I was also thinking as it was common for a child to be passed to another siblings family if the mother died early.

Yes, @mishy66, I agree that's possible. His mother could have died, he was sent to orphanage, and he was aged out to his aunt's home. However, the stealing of the half-brothers' names makes sense, not just from convenience but from conscious or unconscious resentment that they hadn't been orphans too. Or that they actually had a father (Mr. David) while RB had to take old Wouters' surname.

Can you just imagine the size of his filing cabinet! IMO DdeH had a full time secretarial job.He had left
Something that's bugging me... The trip on the Chusan was out of character for RB, he preferred plane travel. Did he book that trip because he already knew DW from Europe and was planning to scam her parents or was he about to scam another passenger when he met her by chance? Either way, DW was initially a victim IMO
IMO: He had left as WW in 1970 with residency (courtesy of IK) but no return visa. He has convictions under the name WW in Europe. If he wants to get back in to Australia he probably thinks he can't just fly back using the name WW ( might be picked up for lack of re-entry visa or convictions), so he changes MO of travelling and name, hoping this will confuse the "authorities"...which it did!

yes i thought so too but why was he put into an orphanage until age 12 though ?
I can imagine a kid might be a tad put out by being shunned for that long ?
Sometimes i wonder if the whole thing about his aunt , mother , brother , cousins is all fabricated from 12 years old but that doesn't make sense if he has the coins etc from this family .
I am assuming he has some proof he is connected to that family in some way or another ?

If Maria bore him out of wedlock, a baby would have kept her from finding a husband. Had he been born in wedlock, the family might have taken him in. Perhaps she found Mr. David, who did not want the *advertiser censored* child and who gave Maria two sons. She then moves on to Mr Wouters, who sees another pair of hands in RB or the son he never had.

Life was cruel to unwed mothers, particularly in a Catholic country.

• Born in 1892
  • Kolonel
Wouldn’t he be listed there? If he was part of this group?

• Born in 1892
  • Kolonel

On WW's application for residency (1969) I am pretty sure (but will check) that he used "Army Pay Book" as one of the forms of ID. if this is so it suggests that the Army Pay Book was in the name WW?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966