Australia Australia - Marion Barter - Missing After Trip to UK - June 1997 #20

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to withhold my judgement on Monique until I have enough information to convince me that she is not just another of his victims.

Nothing so far has convinced me.

I am open to changing my mind, but I'm not open to a witch hunt, either way.

I don't know what the protocol was in the 1990's, but unclaimed luggage at Heathrow Airport will eventually go to baggageauctions.co.uk. BUT only if it doesn't have the owner's tags (name, address, etc) attached. With MB being a teacher, I would imagine this was definitely something she would have double checked, whether the bags were left at Heathrow, Schipol or Luxembourg.
If someone destroyed any ID on/in her bags and left them in left luggage, then they would definitely have ended up at the baggage auction, where people bid on suitcases without knowing the contents..hoping there are some saleable items inside. Great way to get rid of possessions and have them dispersed randomly....
IMO

Last edited:
They definitely need to interview MC again about guns and that gang she met! Anyone a Dentist or Maz or Pierre? Can she elaborate on where these gang members were from, language, accent etc? are they Brabant gang or just bad boys looting castles involved in diamonds, jewellery, coins, antiques and rare books? Sounds like organised crime by a bunch of mafia.

Did AH say he sent a container load of " books" to Australia?. Is that his mate with the big shipping yard. Did he have a friend in the shipping business.
Where were those goods sold?

Did TSS have any thefts reported in early 1997?

Where are the Belgian, Dutch, UK, Luxembourg and Australian police and why aren't they interested in interviewing all these women victims.
The gang is most likely who was associated to her and the ex and AH- deflection for "kings in small puddles"
Does sound like organised crime for sure.

Much more information there please MC

Yes he did say a shipment of "books" from Europe way back. Lets do a virtual field trip out Alstonville and Uralba way :)

The Belgium police dont care. They didnt batter an eyelid when Evelyn went asking about him. He was so well known to them because he had changed his name so many times. No wonder he said he was a diplomat, he probably thought he was, being so well known at the Embassy.

The same reason why he kept going back and forth into QLD, no restrictions on change of name there, not like NSW where its only allowed a number of times.

Last edited:
They definitely need to interview MC again about guns and that gang she met! Anyone a Dentist or Maz or Pierre? Can she elaborate on where these gang members were from, language, accent etc? are they Brabant gang or just bad boys looting castles involved in diamonds, jewellery, coins, antiques and rare books? Sounds like organised crime by a bunch of mafia.

Did AH say he sent a container load of " books" to Australia?. Is that his mate with the big shipping yard. Did he have a friend in the shipping business.
Where were those goods sold?

Did TSS have any thefts reported in early 1997?

Where are the Belgian, Dutch, UK, Luxembourg and Australian police and why aren't they interested in interviewing all these women victims.
Exactly. I was shouting at the podcast WHO ARE THESE ACQUAINTANCES? Did they get the names off MC but didn’t release that bit or did they go back to talking about Alison’s broken heel?

If someone destroyed any ID on/in her bags and left them in left luggage, then they would definitely have ended up at the baggage auction, where people bid on suitcases without knowing the contents..hoping there are some saleable items inside. Great way to get rid of possessions and have them dispersed randomly....
IMO
Totally.
Especially if he had removed all ID tags when he went through them, before jetting back to Australia

I'm going to withhold my judgement on Monique until I have enough information to convince me that she is not just another of his victims.

Nothing so far has convinced me.

I am open to changing my mind, but I'm not open to a witch hunt, either way.
The more I hear from her the more convinced I am there is an awful lot not being said. We now know the Police brought her in for questioning. We now know she was fully aware he was involved in criminal gangs. We now know she knew he was committing grand larceny and identity theft. We already know she knew he possessed firearms. I doubt they were for shooting squirrels!!

Her facial features are remarkably like Marion’s but I’ll leave that there because not even this story can be that crazy, can it?

It wasnt that long ago that many were thinking he was a lone wolf just robbing little old/ middle age ladies of their savings and a few of us were saying no way, this is not just about one person, its so much bigger.
Now look where we are.
There is no way in the world Diane doesnt know anything about his life of crime.

The more I hear from her the more convinced there is an awful lot not being said. We now know the Police brought her in for questioning. We now know she was fully aware he was involved in criminal gangs. We now know she knew he was committing grand larceny and identity theft. We already know she knew he possessed firearms. I doubt they were for shooting squirrels!!

Her facial features are remarkably like Marion’s but I’ll leave that there because not even this story can be that crazy, can it?
Like I said, I'm not going to join in a witch hunt, either way.

The more I hear from her the more convinced there is an awful lot not being said. We now know the Police brought her in for questioning. We now know she was fully aware he was involved in criminal gangs. We now know she knew he was committing grand larceny and identity theft. We already know she knew he possessed firearms. I doubt they were for shooting squirrels!!

I agree completely.

MC and her ex and AH are all a huge part of this.

As I keep saying she got in first.
Its a stalemate. She can now say what she likes because he will never speak about what happened because it involves Marion and he has already said he was never with her overseas.

Ok I've finished listening.

They said there will be four episodes, and that the fourth will be delayed due to legalities.

We've had three so far in this group. Hopefully the fourth one won't be delayed for too long.

I suppose we should be searching for any antique including furniture robberies in South East England in the early to mid 1980s. Or is this just another wild goose chase?

I wonder if any of these former ‘acquaintances’ were ex-Gendarmerie?
There was one place that someone here found a while back that looked promising in the UK. Will try and find it again.
And I did send SL a couple of places that were associated to the "family" fold in Belgium some time back, one was situated right near the old G barracks. Handy no?

Then theres the local haunts along the area near Coffs harbour. One in particular I am interested in which looks like it has a tax dodge operation going on, opening and closing various "businesses " for short periods.

Then theres old Vern and his huge property with all the sheds or looks to be shipping containers?

Who knows. Hopefully the police have asked Qs there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18