Australia Australia - Marion Barter - Missing After Trip to UK - June 1997 #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone listened to the Le Monstre podcast? It talks about the legal and politically "corrupt" system in the Gendarmerie in Belgium in the 1980's & prior. Also, people trafficking... It is about serial killer Marc Dutroux. @mishy66 I would love to hear your thoughts on any parallels. So many things said, and places mentioned, just tickled my consciousness.

Last edited:
Has anyone listened to the Le Monstre podcast? It talks about the legal and politically "corrupt" system in the Gendarmerie in Belgium in the 1980's & prior. Also, people trafficking... It is about serial killer Marc Dutroux. @mishy66 I would love to hear your thoughts on any parallels. So many things said, and places mentioned, just tickled my consciousness.
I listened to Le Monstre about a year ago and felt the same, so many parallels. The whole operation could have been brought to a halt so much earlier had authorities actually bothered to act on the multitude of reports that they received from the public about what was going on. It appeared that people in high places were involved as well and the lack of action was a cover up to avoid these individuals being exposed. I always wondered whether AKA actually knew Dutrou and his associates.

Listening to the inquest, day 8, 17 Feb 2022, at normal speed and enlarging the screen so I can watch AKA close up in light of LR analysis of his behaviour and noted the following 2 incidents:

1. At 5:23:14, AKA becomes flustered and out of breath, arguing that he never drafted the letter re the AVO taken out by GGB, which had been faxed from Ballina PO. Then he thumps the table 3 times as he says: “I never, never draft that!”

2. AKA thumps the table 4 times again at 5:32:20 as he says: “No, no, I never, never, never, never did that, never!

What’s with the table thumping? Not the kind of behaviour you’s expect from a bumbling old grandfather.

Listening to the inquest, day 8, 17 Feb 2022, at normal speed and enlarging the screen so I can watch AKA close up in light of LR analysis of his behaviour and noted the following 2 incidents:

1. At 5:23:14, AKA becomes flustered and out of breath, arguing that he never drafted the letter re the AVO taken out by GGB, which had been faxed from Ballina PO. Then he thumps the table 3 times as he says: “I never, never draft that!”

2. AKA thumps the table 4 times again at 5:32:20 as he says: “No, no, I never, never, never, never did that, never!

What’s with the table thumping? Not the kind of behaviour you’s expect from a bumbling old grandfather.

Unsure but if we're fairly convinced he *did* draft the letter, then we see this is how he behaves when confronted with evidence of something he's definitely done. And that constitutes the pattern to look for if / when he's vigorously denying something he's guilty of. Interesting that he resorts to violent gestures.

Fingers crossed the coroner recommends the police finally investigate as if the victims and their families are /were telling the truth. And that the ATO, Centrelink, Immigration, etc actually investigate, too. I still can’t work out if ‘recommending charges’ is in the Coroners jurisdiction. In my ignorance, I expected an arrest outside the courthouse after the Inquest. I mean, the circumstantial evidence is damning, isn’t it? But I’m not a lawyer.
I wonder if the Coroner can make the (then) police accountable? All just my uneducated opinion.
Yeah fingers crossed… also wondering what might happen re the blatant and ongoing perjury of two certain individuals - anything or nothing???

Also re TLV. Does it appear to anyone else that there’s a bit of tension between TLV crew & SL/J? I was kind of surprised that Brian and Allison are hosting the SL events because I sensed there was something going on there. And I can’t see anywhere that SL has been agreeable (or at the least advertised or promoted in any way) the new book by TLV… nor was I expecting the 10% donation of proceeds from the book to to go GD-D. Thought maybe it might go to SL cause. Not that GD-D is not worthy. Just was interested.

Yeah fingers crossed… also wondering what might happen re the blatant and ongoing perjury of two certain individuals - anything or nothing???

Also re TLV. Does it appear to anyone else that there’s a bit of tension between TLV crew & SL/J? I was kind of surprised that Brian and Allison are hosting the SL events because I sensed there was something going on there. And I can’t see anywhere that SL has been agreeable (or at the least advertised or promoted in any way) the new book by TLV… nor was I expecting the 10% donation of proceeds from the book to to go GD-D. Thought maybe it might go to SL cause. Not that GD-D is not worthy. Just was interested.
Yes it was noticed mid last yr there was some discord with TLV and the SL team eg J.
Big heads in the way of the case there IMO

It was mentioned last podcast SL requested the podcast be wrapped up I think.

The book would be their way of recouping costs during the investigation I'd say.

And I agree with your comment re the donation to GD , which is very kind but I also think ER and her brother also deserve the same proceeds. If it wasnt for them coming forward with such bravery and sharing some details on the life of their mum at the hands of RB, then this case wouldnt be where it is today IMO

They seem to have been forgotten now that their mums grave has been handed back to them.

All in all the TLV team have done a good job investigating this case but AS reporting leaves a lot to be desired IMO. Some of her reports go against what SL has said.

Yes it was noticed mid last yr there was some discord with TLV and the SL team eg J.
Big heads in the way of the case there IMO

It was mentioned last podcast SL requested the podcast be wrapped up I think.

The book would be their way of recouping costs during the investigation I'd say.

And I agree with your comment re the donation to GD , which is very kind but I also think ER and her brother also deserve the same proceeds. If it wasnt for them coming forward with such bravery and sharing some details on the life of their mum at the hands of RB, then this case wouldnt be where it is today IMO

They seem to have been forgotten now that their mums grave has been handed back to them.

All in all the TLV team have done a good job investigating this case but AS reporting leaves a lot to be desired IMO. Some of her reports go against what SL has said.
I have always found A hard to listen to. Sometimes I feel like I’m listening to a preschool teacher JMO :-

Agree -- thought it was odd that only GD would benefit financially and wondered if an agreement had been come to by all those involved that she would be the one. But she is 90, and the monies may well go to her children.

On another note. I keep thinking of the famous US case where they got gangster Al Capone for tax evasion, when he had escaped justice for years and years for his criminal behavior. If RB could be gotten for immigration fraud or benefits fraud or even perjury! it would mean he was detained and no longer a threat to society until more can be leveled against him.

As a matter of interest would the Coroner’s office inform Sally of their decision before it’s made public at the inquest?
Last week Sally wrote this on the Marion Barter Instagram (@missingpersonmarionbarter) account: "I am quietly waiting in anticipation for NSW State Coroner Teresa O’Sullivan to announce her findings this time next week. I have not heard from anyone you’d expect me to hear from in this lead up… it would be very lonely without you all.. thank you for giving me an inner strength to keep fighting for the answers I know are out there..."
I think this tells you that Sally gets no special treatment or consideration in this matter.

I have been trying to interpret this specific remark.

Her aunts? TLV team?
It is cryptic. I took it to mean Casselden or anyone else helping in the inquest, even her own counsel. There is no liaison with the inquest in any way, I believe she also said, even as they might reach out to family members to explain procedure or offer comfort. But her aunts make sense too because she says how lonely it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum