Australia Australia - Marion Barter - Missing After Trip to UK - June 1997 #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
***spoilers***

The latest episode announces the end of TLV podcast, and a book to be released in May entitled The Lady Vanishes, written by the podcast team. There will be one more episode after the inquest and then it’s finished. Wow.
Lets hope then that the book they have written is correct in it's details of truth because there have been many conflicting reports on some details with TLV version and SL version.
I believe SL because she has always said whenever details are released, full transparency with truth and " theres been enough lies " by RB

Fingers crossed the coroner recommends the police finally investigate as if the victims and their families are /were telling the truth. And that the ATO, Centrelink, Immigration, etc actually investigate, too. I still can’t work out if ‘recommending charges’ is in the Coroners jurisdiction. In my ignorance, I expected an arrest outside the courthouse after the Inquest. I mean, the circumstantial evidence is damning, isn’t it? But I’m not a lawyer.
I wonder if the Coroner can make the (then) police accountable? All just my uneducated opinion.
Just remembering the Dawson case.
When it took years after that inquest for charges to be laid once it got to the hands of the DPP
While I do feel this will be the outcome for him, to be investigated for his involvement into the disappearance of MB, I cant see him being jailed in the very near future unfortunately.
The laws in this country are a breeding ground for criminals like him to get away with crimes for years and years because various departments in Government and Law Enforcement are so disgustingly lazy in their job! IMO

Its really sad because I dont think we will see what we all want to happen to this animal

But they have a lot of evidence in regard to the wife so hopefully that avenue will also be reviewed * wishful thinking

Marion is out there somewhere.
It's very sobering knowing through all of the quagmire he has left, Marion is still waiting to be found. That's sad.

It's not just in Australia mishy. There are massive failures in the UK as well unfortunately.
I'll be blunt and reckon that he's too old, the whole thing is too massive and the Authorities will say that " lessons will be learned "
As for the wife I think she'll go down the coercive control lane.
MOO.

It's not just in Australia mishy. There are massive failures in the UK as well unfortunately.
I'll be blunt and reckon that he's too old, the whole thing is too massive and the Authorities will say that " lessons will be learned "
As for the wife I think she'll go down the coercive control lane.
MOO.
I agree totally.

Aside from his victims and just looking at BOTH of their lives in general

1. He is living in Australia illegally , he is not a citizen of Australia because he forged documents

2. BOTH of them have been ripping off the Australian Government for decades with their Centrelink fraud

3. He getting a disability pension YET one of their neighbours on the GC stated she use to see them on regular walks WITHOUT him using any walking aid / cane - how did he manage all these flights to and from Aust without his "carer"

And her words on the stand : "he never had any big wins". .....No cant be showing centrelink departments they had money and didnt claim so.

4. DdeH has been receiving a Carers pension for decades as his Carer, YET she knew he was tripping back and forth overseas multiple times throughout the year, EVERY year AND she never questioned him regarding the money used to fund these trips that went on for months at a time?? The continued buying and renting houses??? The kids swimming competition sport that costs a fortune....all on 2 pensions..... She never questioned where all the money came from to fund all this??? Of course she knew what he is doing!!!!! IMO of course

5. She committed perjury numerous times on the stand

6. DdeH was well AWARE he frequently changed his name . Not only was evidence given of this from herself on Day 1 of her evidence but a neighbourof theirs also told of this and there is evidence of various properties in various names associated to them both

In my opinion THE ONLY REASON they were shown to live a frugal life in their many moves to residences is another facade to show their neighbours and or centrelink departmental visits for her being his carer (IF that need arose).
Carers and pensioners living a life of luxury and showing it??? Not these 2. Money was always their objective. She made sacrifices alright, but only in their home contents. IMO

Did she not ask why he kept changing his appearance so many times over the years...
I mean she was there with him at some point when he was growing his hair long enough to be in a ponytail, very short, to his shoulders flicked up like a woman, a variety of reading glasses etc etc

Heres a woman who spent the best part of 50 odd yrs with him and she knows nothing??

Of course she knows what he does!

JMO

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 13
His disability was probably DVT haha
Yeah, right, with regular long haul flights prescribed for treatment!

Seriously though, I thought he said it was PTSD. Strange how this prevented him from earning an honest income but didn’t prevent him from dealing in coins, conducting numerous extra marital affairs, scamming multiple individuals, changing his identity at least 50 times for no reason, registering companies and who knows what else.

I know serious war criminals from WW2 have been chased and prosecuted even into their 90s but this case has highlighted once again that law enforcement and judiciary seemingly do not take romance scans seriously. Unless there’s a body there is nothing to detect. It’s only SL dogged determination that has managed to get this case this far.

I’m hoping LR is right and there was a bigamist marriage in Japan. That would be game set & match.

Coroners are pretty circumspect. They are masters of dispassion and understatement. I think the pain and distress of SL will be formally acknowledged, as will her hard work, and MB will be declared dead which is something, and there will definitely be a degree of disapproval towards the police, for their handling, and what id call shady remarks about RB. But i wouldn’t guarantee that it will be referred for further investigation and prosecution. It’s such an unusual case though, that I live in hope. It will have presented many unusual circumstances and challenges for the coroner and might therefore require an unusual response.

AND this is a PRIME example of why Occam's Razor is dangerous and should not be used in investigations into missing people!!!

SL wouldnt be waiting decades IF the police had done their job back in 1997 !

Byron Bay Detective Senior Constable Gary Sheehan, who took over the case in 2009, told The Lady Vanishes team his investigation led him to conclude that Barter was alive and didn’t want to be found.
“In my mind, as a police officer who’s been doing this work for some period of time, circumstantially it paints a picture for me that Marion has decided to estrange herself from the family for whatever reason and get on with a new life,” he said.

“We have to be careful about Marion’s privacy. If we got to a point we could talk to her and find out if she wanted to sit behind the privacy provision, at least we’d know without pulling her back into a life she doesn’t want to be in.”

However, he couldn’t find her to verify that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum