Australia Australia - Marion Barter - Missing After Trip to UK - June 1997 #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's never SEEMED French to me, but I'm only an American. I simply figured that what he IS is not what he presents to be, and what he isn't is what he claims to be. Almost a given that it's a game of opposites. -- But if this is true then advertising in the French newspaper posed a danger of exposure didn't it? Wouldn't French women know he wasn't? So he was cherry-picking women who would WANT a French man, which sounds so much more romantic than Dutch, imho. (no offense to any Dutch people out there.)

That would be great to get someone like you to have a listen and share your thoughts. If you start at Day 7 (16 Feb 2022) of the inquest, around the 10 minute mark that’s where he takes the stand.

It would also be interesting to hear him speaking French and Dutch to find out what kind of accent he speaks with. I don’t think there are any published samples of him speaking anything other than English though.
Ok i listened to 10 min of him (16th feb from 10min on, thanks @CuriousKat99!).

I do want to say that i will sound like all duch & all french are sounding the same but i’m just trying to be as clear as i can. There are many french & dutch speaking people who speak English very well! Don’t want to offend anyone.

The following is all MOO.

My personal notes while/after listening: the additioning of the “euh” sound at the end of some words = like a french speaking person speaking english (not all french, but you know what i mean). A flemish or dutch person hasn’t got this sound in their vocabulairy, so typical french.

Words like “factory”, “office”, “dissapeared”, sounded like a french person would pronounce them in English.

The first minutes sounded very french to me. BUT, the weard thing is: it dissapeared after this sentence:

“because i saw her” and the sentences after that, on the other hand, for instance sounded more dutch. There was only the word “motel” that was questionable, no other french sounding words. It was like a switch was made in his head.

Is the switch due to stress? His age? Faking an accent?

For those curious and wanting to listen for yourself: i’m talking about this moment: between minute 10 and minute 20 on day 7 (feb 16).

He's never SEEMED French to me, but I'm only an American. I simply figured that what he IS is not what he presents to be, and what he isn't is what he claims to be. Almost a given that it's a game of opposites. -- But if this is true then advertising in the French newspaper posed a danger of exposure didn't it? Wouldn't French women know he wasn't? So he was cherry-picking women who would WANT a French man, which sounds so much more romantic than Dutch, imho. (no offense to any Dutch people out there.)
A small sidenote: he claims to be from Tournai, which is Belgium. It’s the french speaking part of Belgium. So French speaking, not French (citizen of France). Sorry, Belgium has a difficult setup. In the north we speak dutch (flemish dutch), the same language as The Netherlands but pronounced differently.
To top it off we also have a german part. What a mess eh :D

I’ll add a map to make what i say a bit more clear.

Attachments

• IMG_1984.jpeg
    IMG_1984.jpeg
    47.9 KB · Views: 29
A small sidenote: he claims to be from Tournai, which is Belgium. It’s the french speaking part of Belgium. So French speaking, not French (citizen of France). Sorry, Belgium has a difficult setup. In the north we speak dutch (flemish dutch), the same language as The Netherlands but pronounced differently.

Hercule Poirot Syndrome! Thank you! (The Agatha Christie character who hated being mistaken for French. He was from Belgium.)

Recently I have been re-listening to the inquest, in particular, AKA’s days on the stand. This time, at normal speed. I know there has been a lot of commentary about his ‘French’ accent when he speaks in English, but my ears are picking up a Dutch accent, rather than a French one, which I hadn’t noticed in the past when I had it on 1.5x speed. Given that he is from Tornai, which is in the French-speaking area of Belgium, does his accent reveal some undisguisable truth about where he grew up? Would be interested to know everyone’s thoughts.
Marias father was Dutch speaking

That would be great to get someone like you to have a listen and share your thoughts. If you start at Day 7 (16 Feb 2022) of the inquest, around the 10 minute mark that’s where he takes the stand.

It would also be interesting to hear him speaking French and Dutch to find out what kind of accent he speaks with. I don’t think there are any published samples of him speaking anything other than English though.
I will always stand firm he is the son of Robert C. Born at start of war and left to Maria when RC and his fiancee went to the concentration camps.

There is no way in the world that 2 boys, born on the same birthdate and both named WDC can come from the same siblings..... eg Maria and Robert

Until SL says otherwise Im sticking to my theory.

He was placed with Maria at possibly age 3 and then at some point after Maria lost her leg ,he and the cousins fredy and desiree went to live with Marias sister

A family brought up in a Dutch and French speaking household would be very beneficial to a lying swindler in later life.

JMO of course

IMO, he looks Dutch too, especially in the photos taken of him at his daughter’s wedding in Bali. Maybe it’s his hairstyle, his stance, as well as his facial features. At least he looks like a lot of Dutch people I’ve encountered over the years in Australia.

In terms of his ability to speak Hungarian fluently, I wonder if anyone has actually heard him speaking Hungarian. Given his tendency to bignote himself, the only way I’d be convinced of this is to get confirmation from a native Hungarian speaker and I guess there aren’t too many available to test him, especially in Australia. Isn’t Hungarian a fairly difficult language to master for most European language speakers as it’s one of the few European languages that doesn’t belong in the Info European language family.
I think it was one of his ‘victims’ known as Charlotte who said he spoke fluent Hungarian. I know I’ve gone round and round in circles about his possible Hungarian roots/connection including the Hungarian surname still used by his wife and children but it wouldn’t be the first time I’ve been barking up the wrong tree and undoubtedly not the last!

I think it was one of his ‘victims’ known as Charlotte who said he spoke fluent Hungarian. I know I’ve gone round and round in circles about his possible Hungarian roots/connection including the Hungarian surname still used by his wife and children but it wouldn’t be the first time I’ve been barking up the wrong tree and undoubtedly not the last!
Yes and I think MC said he spoke Hungarian as well but I wondered at the time whether they were just repeating what he had told them since neither of them claimed to speak Hungarian. He surely would have picked up a few words and phrases of Hungarian during the time he was with IK, but fluency…? Wouldn’t it be revealing to get that tested.

Oh @Lord Peter Flimsy I just love it when you skip through to Hungary!

Remembering of course his union with IK family members, IK parents and her stepfather of course, along with MR and the "child / money pay off transaction" between them.

Incidentally both IK father and stepfather named " jozsef " yes?

The Hungarian soccer team and Hungarian families he possibly infiltrated once in Australia.

His family name as you say comes into play.
Him using CdeH name to swindle the Belgium dentist for his kids braces.
And the very long line of CdeH family, and one in particular which Ive tracked back to, yep you guessed it, the UK - right smack bang in the area he knows so well.

Oh by the way,
I've been meaning to post this so thanks for the reminder of Hungary!

I just love wandering the streets of coincidences with AH!
SO MANY " COINCIDENCES " right.....

Remember his Trade Mark that’s still open for UFO - Use Fingers Only

No doubt another "company " for money laundering purposes.

Cant think it would be a legit business of his and dianes :D:D

Link for images: Google Maps

Address for this little Hungarian cafe :
UFO
jozsef attila road
hungary

Funny that.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240214_191513_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240214_191513_Samsung Internet.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 38
  • Screenshot_20240214_191506_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240214_191506_Samsung Internet.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 38
He's quite something isn't he. He was in the right place at the right time. I was born in 1953 and although I lived in a tiny village with one pub and shop there were families like mine whose parents were from Eastern Europe. How did they end up in such a place in West Yorkshire ? Nobody asked - it just was. Even I don't know. The holocaust was never spoken about, not in front of children anyway. Nothing was said. Ever.
About the languages, I understood Polish, Yiddish and Hungarian when I was a child although I don't remember actually speaking it.
I think he hid behind the way that if you were of an age and you mentioned the Camps then it shut down the conversation. Out of respect and kindness - like a normal person would and who could lie about such a thing ? Unimaginable.

He's quite something isn't he. He was in the right place at the right time. I was born in 1953 and although I lived in a tiny village with one pub and shop there were families like mine whose parents were from Eastern Europe. How did they end up in such a place in West Yorkshire ? Nobody asked - it just was. Even I don't know. The holocaust was never spoken about, not in front of children anyway. Nothing was said. Ever.
About the languages, I understood Polish, Yiddish and Hungarian when I was a child although I don't remember actually speaking it.
I think he hid behind the way that if you were of an age and you mentioned the Camps then it shut down the conversation. Out of respect and kindness - like a normal person would and who could lie about such a thing ? Unimaginable.
Very enlightening. Really makes clear the fluidity of European life after WWII. Especially the part about shutting down the conversation. So many social norms broken. Communities changed. Perfect climate for a grifter to work freely and develop his evils.

Excellent post @Carovb5

What is interesting about this visual is you can understand why he is fluent in Dutch having spent SO MUCH time in the KNOKKE HEIST area !

Am I correct that prosecutors in the latest coronial inquiry decided AKA was Willy Coppenelle and had a birthdate for him? From memory it was July 9th, 1939 in Tournai, Belgium. Please correct if this is in error.
That's what I believe yes

It was SL that confirmed the name on the MBFB page and SL has said all along that she has always been truthful with facts as they come out.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 49
From TLV Insta
Whenever I see a list of the names like this, I think of whoever commented here that it’s like when you’re trying to use the same password or name on an email address and have to keep punching in random variations. It makes me laugh, not because the situation is funny, but because I do take a sort of dark pleasure from imagining him trying to remember a combo that he hadn’t used yet, or trying to keep track of them all.

Many names, but the same old jerk, amirite.

Always with the weird coincidences in this case. Seems like this fraudster, Henri-Claude Louis Philippe Du Pont, who was born in regional Tasmania as Phillip Wickham before taking on his elaborate French name, has a few points of connection with our old mate. I think his use of the surname DuPont/Du Pont post-dates AKA, though. Still, there’s the Sunshine Coast, Tassie, pretending to be French, spelling his name in many slightly different ways, real estate, a meat company and having a really bad moustache to name a few. Do they have fraudster support groups where they all trade tips or something?

Property, poultry and a posh address: Notorious fraudster leaves trail of misery

If article is paywalled for some, try googling the name of it

Always with the weird coincidences in this case. Seems like this fraudster, Henri-Claude Louis Philippe Du Pont, who was born in regional Tasmania as Phillip Wickham before taking on his elaborate French name, has a few points of connection with our old mate. I think his use of the surname DuPont/Du Pont post-dates AKA, though. Still, there’s the Sunshine Coast, Tassie, pretending to be French, spelling his name in many slightly different ways, real estate, a meat company and having a really bad moustache to name a few. Do they have fraudster support groups where they all trade tips or something?

Property, poultry and a posh address: Notorious fraudster leaves trail of misery

If article is paywalled for some, try googling the name of it
They probably know each other!
Taking into account AH decades of criminal activities in Aust and this tool decades later, what is glaringly obvious to me after reading this article, is the policies and procedures by Australia's Legal Departments and Government Departments HAVE NOT CHANGED !!!!

"John Winter, chief executive of the Australian Restructuring Insolvency and Turnaround Association, slammed the “systemic regulatory failures” - John, you got that right!

He was "declared bankrupt in March 2020 and remains an undischarged bankrupt, meaning he is disqualified from managing corporations and being a director of a company. But company records show that Du Pont was between November and March reinstated as the sole director of Dupont Zedong Private Capital, a company he registered with his wife in 2014".

Pathetic Department Legislation and people not doing their job leads to criminals like AH and Phillip Wickham ripping off victims.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum