Australia - Martin Place siege: 2 Hostages killed in Lindt Chocolate shop #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OOh good question... I'd imagine that's the sort of thing cops'd keep real quiet... wonder if they have a view straight inside tho!

We know it's possible because of that hacker site that released video of private monitoring & video systems. Even baby monitors didn't escape that mob.

ABC Live Streaming has gone to a news loop.

I haven't eaten all day. At least the kids got fed! brb.

Contingency plans have all Sydney Hospitals on Alert Standby all night

Fortunately, there is at least one hospital very close by.

t0n9mc.jpg

hospital =yellow pin, red writing
cafe = yellow pin,white writing

Folks a definite no to the vids.

As I said earlier, the same rules apply to this thread as they do to all others.

We only allow MSM (main stream media) and police reports.

Everything outside of that is not allowed.

Laura Tunstall, 9News reporter
11pm and still plenty of onlookers here at Martin Place. All eyes on the cafe door. Praying we'll see more hostages released @9NewsSyd

Danielle McGrane, from Dublin, lives in Sydney where she works as a music journalist. She said: "The city feels eerily calm and quiet, especially for this time of year in the lead up to Christmas... Nobody said a word on the train home, it was the quietest train journey I've ever experienced on that line."

http://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-australia-30475711

I have been watching this closely from the beginning, on sky news coverage here in the uk.
My heart goes out to all Australian friends.

This is terrifying, what those people must be going through, also their family and friends.

I hope this ends very soon and I'm praying for a positive ending.

Do we know for sure there is only one armed man? If he is alone, he has too start getting tired soon, I don't know if that's a good thing or not. If he does have any explosive device with him, well, I don't wanna think about that yet!
So pleased some of the hostages managed to escape, and I think it's a positive sign that no one was harmed after this. The guy had to have been angry when he realised they got out!

Sending prayers and lots of love to all xx

I need to get to bed. God bless you all and may it all be over before I wake up. He has got to be getting exhausted! All I want is healthy safe hostages. xoxox

I was so hoping it was all over when I woke up, I stayed awake watching until around 5 am but I think I'm getting too old to pull an all nighter. Amazing to see 5 hostages got out, I'm sat here with tears in my eyes at #illridewithyou, see that terrorists? Humanity at its best, you will only ever make us stronger!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member