GUILTY Australia - Masa Vukotic, 17, brutally murdered, Doncaster, Melbourne, 17 March 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.skynews.com.au/news/top-stories/2015/03/20/murdered-teen-s-dad-to-be-in-melb-court.html

Sean Price arrives in Melbourne court
Friday, 20 March 2015

"A large media contingent is present in the court" ...

http://www.9news.com.au/national/2015/03/20/03/38/man-accused-of-melb-teen-s-murder-in-court
Sean Christian Price, 31, appeared relaxed behind glass in the dock of the Melbourne Magistrate's Court ... Just metres away the murdered teenager's father sat in the gallery staring at his daughter's alleged killer ...
"Price was not required to say anything before Magistrate Charlie Rozencwajg and was remanded in custody until June 26" ...

Kate JonesVerified account
‏@Kate_Jones7
PRICE: Police were granted more time to prepare case. Have to collect CCTV from 12 suburbs over 1 week period, plus DNA. #7newsmelb

I am so horrified by this. Those youtube videos. :notgood: He is acting like he is in a psychosis. He very well may be.

Like AB. He should NEVER have been allowed on the streets. I am furious he was..

WTF!

Men king hit men, the term is changed to cowards punch and a huge media campaign is launched. Men murder and assault women at more than twice the rate? Women are told not to walk alone. In daylight.

*insert expletives*

http://www.news.com.au/national/vic...men-walking-alone-in-parks/story-fnii5sms-122

Top cop hits back over ‘don’t walk alone’ anger
UPDATE: TOP Cop Stephen Fontana has hit back at criticism of a homicide squad detective who advised women not to walk alone in parks in the aftermath of the Masa Vukotic murder

" ... “The purpose of the interview was to help locate an unknown perpetrator who we honestly believed was likely to commit more crimes... I can assure you his number one priority was about protecting the community" ...Mr Fontana said he was disappointed at some of the criticism. It is the job of Police to tell the community to keep safe.

“And no, it isn’t the victim’s fault they were killed — of course it wasn’t" ... “But in reality these crimes do take place and women are predominantly the victims of these crimes" ...

IMO these are valid comments. We applaud Victoria Police for their dedicated hard work in catching this murderer expediently.

However, the Police media message back into mainstream culture cannot just place responsibility upon women to keep safe, without focusing on the unacceptable criminal behavior of the perpetrator and the responsibility of the authorities (Victorian Parole Board) to protect our community from these repeat dangerous offenders. We acknowledge that Police are not responsible for sentencing or parole of these dangerous repeat offenders.
My opinion only.

Oh my gosh - goodness knows what has gone in the bookstore. It looks like H/Sun and the Age have pulled nearly all the articles. This is from the SMH -

http://www.smh.com.au/victoria/masa...ian-bookshop-in-sunshine-20150320-1m3p7k.html

Sean Price, the man accused of the murder of Doncaster schoolgirl Masa Vukotic, has been charged with raping a woman in a Christian bookshop in Sunshine just before he handed himself into police.

Word bookstore on Harvester Road, where the alleged assault occurred at 11.20am on Thursday, is just 500 metres from the Sunshine police station where 31-year-old Price was taken into custody after handing himself in less than half-an-hour later.

Is the Adrian Bayley court appearance in regards to the July 15 assault of the Dutch backpacker? He was charged while in custody and I don't think that case has been heard yet (someone correct me if I'm wrong)

"Bayley was charged with the sexual assaults [of the Dutch backpacker] while in custody over Jill Meagher's rape and murder , and with the sexual assault of a woman in St Kilda in November 2000 – about the same time he raped five prostitutes in the area."

http://www.dailylife.com.au/victoria/the-truth-about-adrian-bayleys-life-of-brutal-crime-20130611-2o1gc.html

I am watching an uproar unfold by the community regarding the LE choice of words, in asking that women stay safe.

Obviously there is a big big issue in Melbourne, LE are very well aware of it. They are not blaming the victim, they are just identifying something that is completely out of their control (your safety). The police I think have spoken very honestly, they are confirming that females are at a high risk of danger. It is common knowledge, it is not blaming the victim. Yes sure all people have the right to walk alone and feel safe - but the LE cannot control who is on our streets, they can only do so much to protect the community. Look at the bigger issue here, the LAW. They are the ones who continually let these perps back on our streets. They should be ensuring our streets are safe.

I agree with LE's statement that females should not walk alone. There is no point sugar coating, or making you feel safe when there is a real danger on our streets.

The effing law needs to be changed!!

But that change won't happen. Unfortunately. And people have to adapt. It should not be that way, but it is. Just like racism is never going to go away, neither is random violence against innocent victims. Prison and mental health systems are broken beyond belief in most countries.

I walk my dog at night in my apartment complex...with a whistle around my neck and my cane ready to do what I can, should I need it...if not for my dog I would not walk around at night, just for safety reasons. There will always be dangerous people on the streets. Not an excuse, just a fact. We can ignore it or at least try to face facts. Anyway...jmo...this case is just plain horrible. Most likely, the perp should never have been "out there", free to do harm.

BBM. I agree with this.

I was just thinking about the attacks in Australian parks over the past few years:

Sophie Collumbet - killed in Kurilpa park last year
Renea Lau - killed after being chased into Kings domain last year
Eunji Ban - killed in Wickham park in 2013
Prabha Arun Kumar - killed while walking through Parramatta park this month
and I still remember when Nitin Garg was killed while walking through Cruikshank park in 2010

(I imagine there are many assaults that haven't made the news too)

I think that the Police probably have these attacks in mind when they're warning people about walking through parks alone. They would unfortunately be well aware of the types of people that are out and about in society (particularly those recently released on parole and likely to reoffend).

I think it must be incredibly frustrating for the police to not be able to keep them locked up. I guess they're trying to do their bit to warn people and protect them in a society where the magistrates are giving insufficient sentences (in some cases, due to being bound by inadequate laws) and then the parole board keeps giving offenders the benefit of the doubt and allowing them out when they're still a threat.

Oh my gosh! What happened to that poor woman in the book store?? Did he seriously go from raping her to handing himself into the police station?? I just don't even know where to begin..This is all so sickening.

There is a very thin line between urging women to be cautious and victim blaming. I don't think that it is wrong of the police to ask women to do whatever they can to keep themselves safe, even if it is to say they should reconsider walking alone. Obviously the police do not condone what SP has done and they worked very hard to catch him. But isn't that all that they are capable of?
If we are reading the "hints" properly, SP should never have been released and this is another failure of the parole board.

For so long I have been extremely critical and, honestly, ashamed, of the Victorian justice system. Especially in the case of rape. The sentences given to men who have raped women is not severe enough. If it were, Masa and Jill might still be alive today. The failure is in our legal system and the lenient sentences given to violent men. Can police criticise jail sentences? Violent offences, especially those committed by men against women need to be taken more seriously!! When is Victoria going to get its act together??

**I just read that the bookshop victim was digitally raped. I hope that she isn't forgotten and gets justice too.

I don't know if it's been said, but was Masa sexually assaulted at all? All I've seen is that she was stabbed in the back. God this is really getting to me

<respectfully snipped>

I don't know if it's been said, but was Masa sexually assaulted at all? All I've seen is that she was stabbed in the back. God this is really getting to me

http://www.news.com.au/national/vic...rder-is-revealed/story-fnii5sms-1227270448835
Victorians will shout: &#8216;Enough is enough&#8217; after full story of Doncaster schoolgirl&#8217;s murder is revealed

" ... The Herald Sun has learned significant details.
Legal restrictions prevent us from publishing the details today, but they are of extreme public interest" ...

Fumigate the courthouses!

Two of the worst filthy cockroaches are seen within hours of each other.

Bailey and Price!
What a bloody coincidence!

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/f...-murder-accused-in-court-20150320-1m3qo4.html
Father of Doncaster teen Masa Vukotic faces murder accused in court
March 20, 2015 by Steve Butcher

Mr Vukotic was supported by member of the Office of Public Prosecutions victim support team throughout the hearing.

" ... the hearing set dates for the service of the prosecution brief, the lodgement of evidence and a next appearance" ...
Prosecutor asked for extended dates for provision of the hand-up brief and Mr Price's appearance at a later committal mention hearing ... police needed to collate extensive CCTV footage across 12 suburbs, there were exhibits to be lodged for forensic DNA analysis and "multiple offences" were involved" ...

" ...Defence did not object to the application for extended dates and said her client had "custody management issues"... which involved charges that arose between Mr Price and "private detention providers" and his management in custody... also he did not want to be seen by a doctor or a nurse" ...

The Herald Sun has learned significant details.
Legal restrictions prevent us from publishing the details today, but they are of extreme public interest" ...

This probably won't come out until he's found guilty. I think most people can 'read between the lines' and he should NEVER have been living on his own, in the community. Someone has stuffed up big time.

I'm outraged and sickened. Can't even fathom how the victims family feel.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/f...-murder-accused-in-court-20150320-1m3qo4.html
Father of Doncaster teen Masa Vukotic faces murder accused in court
March 20, 2015 by Steve Butcher

" ...Defence did not object to the application for extended dates and said her client had "custody management issues"... which involved charges that arose between Mr Price and "private detention providers" and his management in custody... also he did not want to be seen by a doctor or a nurse" ...

RSBM

What does this really mean?
Am I reading that because Price was a problem inside they let him out to be supervised outside of prison?

He raped a woman at a Christian bookstore. If we women are supposed to avoid unsafe places due to the chance we'll be raped, a Christian bookstore isn't high on my list of risky places.

Or maybe men could just stop raping us and let us be safe wherever we choose.

Men king hit men, the term is changed to cowards punch and a huge media campaign is launched. Men murder and assault women at more than twice the rate? Women are told not to walk alone. In daylight.

*insert expletives*

Did I hear you on an AM radio station saying this quote ?
I phoned in ( didn't talk on air ) about when I was younger I used to carry a purse size can of hairspray in my bag.... or always had a lit cigarette as my security to use if I ever felt that creepy vibe when on my own.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CurlyClue
Back