Australia - Monique Lezsak, 39, murdered by partner in family home, witnessed by mother, daughter 10 wounded defending - Melbourne, VIC - 21 May 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Bodybuilder who murdered partner in front of her 10-year-old daughter fights to have sentence reduced​

By Sarah Swain
7:17pm Jul 29, 2024

A Melbourne bodybuilder who murdered his partner in front of her 10-year-old daughter is fighting to have his sentence reduced.
Sven Lindemann was jailed for 31 years in May after he stabbed Monique Lezsak in a jealous rage, now he's appealing.
He used six knives to stab his partner Lezsak in their Endeavour Hills home in the city's south-east in May 2023 in front of her 10-year-old daughter, who tried desperately to stop him.
The 52-year-old pleaded guilty to murder and recklessly causing injury to Monique's daughter, but he ended up blaming his victim.
He claims she drove him to kill her because she was trying to leave the relationship.
Lezsak's friend Jacqueline Schwarcz said she "laughed" when she heard Lindemann was appealing.
"Without sounding too dramatic, it's ruined our lives, things have changed overnight," she said.
"I cannot even understand how a human being can be wired like this.
"Because he is so narcissistic it wouldn't surprise me that these are just actions to keep him in the spotlight."
During sentencing, Justice Hollingworth called out Lindemann's problematic attitude towards women and sense of entitlement.
Lindemann has formally lodged his appeal, which is expected to be heard next year.
With time already served, he'll be eligible for parole in 2048 when he's 76.
Bodybuilder who murdered partner in front of her 10-year-old daughter fights to have sentence reduced

DPP v Lindemann [2024] VSC 220 (22 May 2024)
CRIMINAL LAW – Sentence – Murder – Recklessly causing injury – Offender engaged in frenzied, prolonged attack on partner using six knives – Attack at home, in presence of two young children and partner’s frail mother – Caused knife injuries to 10 year old girl who was trying to defend her mother – No prior convictions – Character evidence – Early plea – No genuine remorse – Prospects of rehabilitation – Importance of general deterrence, just punishment and denunciation in cases of family violence – Sentenced to a total effective sentence of 31 years’ imprisonment, with a non-parole period of 25 years.

The murderer: “yeah, but she was trying leave a nice guy like me. I’m the real victim here!”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back