GUILTY Australia - Morgan Huxley, 31, stabbed to death, Neutral Bay, NSW, 8 Sept 2013 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There will be a lot of 'interesting' info to come out after the arrest, committal hearing and then trial,

How long a wait is there usually for trials in NSW?

It is usually at least 6 months before a trial. I believe Gerald Baden clay was arrested mid 2012 and his trial is only beginning now, although the waiting list is longer in qld than is in nsw.

I am anxiously awaiting an arrest. This case is so intriguing. Morgan personified everything that is north shore boys (minus the private school connection). Handsome, lots of mates, no solid relationships but many ff's. These people don't usually get murdered in their homes!!!

You're right, he did personify the North Shore boy .. right down to the business he was involved in. I have a feeling the killer will personify the North Shore girl too, just a not obviously psycho version. I'm assuming whoever she is she will have a good lawyer, with some unique arguments. The trial will be very interesting.

It is usually at least 6 months before a trial. I believe Gerald Baden clay was arrested mid 2012 and his trial is only beginning now, although the waiting list is longer in qld than is in nsw.

I am anxiously awaiting an arrest. This case is so intriguing. Morgan personified everything that is north shore boys (minus the private school connection). Handsome, lots of mates, no solid relationships but many ff's. These people don't usually get murdered in their homes!!!

GBC's trial isn't until next year, it will be an almost 2 yr wait! I hope it is only 6months in NSW, VIC is similar I think, 6-9 months. This is my 1st NSW crime that I'm following, hence my no clue :)

I totally agree with him epitomising a North Shore boy!! Good call there :)

You're right, he did personify the North Shore boy .. right down to the business he was involved in. I have a feeling the killer will personify the North Shore girl too, just a not obviously psycho version. I'm assuming whoever she is she will have a good lawyer, with some unique arguments. The trial will be very interesting.

Yes it will be very very interesting!! And yes a typical north Shore girl will be the star of the show methinks!

RIP Morgan, my thoughts are with your family and friends...

North Shore Lurker: Briefly popping in to WS Forum. Amazing information gathering by you all. Fascinating but horribly sad.

Question: I know we're all being encouraged to look in a certain direction by (a guided?) media, but, rather than being one of MH's 14 female acquaintances, couldn't this be an angry boyfriend/brother of one of the 14?

MH was a fit 85-90kg man. I find it hard to imagine that in a survival situation that he couldn't either get away from (even after the initial strikes and also assuming Dr W's suggestions of nerve/spine damage were not in fact the case) or physically restrain a female attacker.

This is certainly not intended as a slight against women, but noting the likely physical differences in this case.

Is the attacker definitely a woman?

Like the rest of you, I would like to see justice done for Morgan and his (no doubt devastated) family and friends.

I would have thought the same SoapOnARope if we hadn't followed the Jodi Arias / Travis Alexander murder. A blitz attack by a woman with a knife is no match for a man who doesn't see it coming and is in a vulnerable position.

I would have thought the same SoapOnARope if we hadn't followed the Jodi Arias / Travis Alexander murder. A blitz attack by a woman with a knife is no match for a man who doesn't see it coming and is in a vulnerable position.

Right! could be strong enough to lift a car, doesn't mean you'll be able to with 3 holes in your jugular... and if you're bleeding out fast, maybe a bit drunk and/or fatigued (3am), the attacker only needs to step back for a couple of minutes or so and let your heart do most of the work...

All that being said though, yes, the possibility of it being one (or more) of the boys, sick of him back-dooring them with their lady-friends can't be ruled out!

North Shore Lurker: Briefly popping in to WS Forum. Amazing information gathering by you all. Fascinating but horribly sad.

Question: I know we're all being encouraged to look in a certain direction by (a guided?) media, but, rather than being one of MH's 14 female acquaintances, couldn't this be an angry boyfriend/brother of one of the 14?

MH was a fit 85-90kg man. I find it hard to imagine that in a survival situation that he couldn't either get away from (even after the initial strikes and also assuming Dr W's suggestions of nerve/spine damage were not in fact the case) or physically restrain a female attacker.

This is certainly not intended as a slight against women, but noting the likely physical differences in this case.

Is the attacker definitely a woman?

Like the rest of you, I would like to see justice done for Morgan and his (no doubt devastated) family and friends.

Great to have your input here, Soaponarope :seeya:

I get the feeling the police are definitely looking at a woman. Probably based on evidence we aren't privy to (yet!). It must be something to do with his injuries, the crime scene or something else that makes them feel this is the work of a female. But as you've probably seen in this thread, we're open to just about any theory. In typical circumstances, I would 100% agree to look at the male partners/family/friends of a scorned lover, but this case just doesn't seem like one of those times.

I think the shallow wounds on the back are very suggestive of a female - someone who knew him. Someone who had access to him, and someone he felt comfortable with. And someone with a lot of rage. I would imagine Morgan would have had defensive wounds if a guy had come in and attacked him.

I am dying to hear more about his ethics in the chick department, like was he openly 'sewing his wild oats' with no strings attached, or was he leading women on and sleeping with whoever he could get away with. If he was open about not wanting commitment and wanting casual sex with everyone, and sticking to single girls then that'll be one thing, but if he was sleeping with women in relationships with other men, or sleeping around when he was proclaiming to one (or more) women that he was faithful, then things were no doubt getting messy for awhile.

Question: I know we're all being encouraged to look in a certain direction by (a guided?) media....

Interestingly, the media haven't pushed us in that direction much at all... there was a very brief mention by one journo (not even the main one reporting on the case) of locations involved in the search... however the Police's actions in chosing those locations spoke quite loudly... presumably to people involved in the investigation, and - maybe as a side-effect - to anyone else who cared to investigate... but there was very little - if any - overt encouragement by MSM.
It's kinda what makes it all the more interesting in my eyes.

Of course, I could be just another sucker falling for it hook, line 'n sinker....

The Daily Telegrapg 'booty call' article on September 21 made reference to a police statement saying there was evidence of sexual activity in his bedroom and also said that police were considering that he may have left a woman in his room while he went for a drink at the oaks. I can't link or quote sorry (on my phone) but I think the police must have some strong evidence to link it to a female. Just moo.

Here is the article Fruity: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...ty-call8217-link/story-fni0cx12-1226724417519

In what they say may have been a "booty call" gone wrong, investigators have revealed Mr Huxley had taken part in sexual activity shortly before being stabbed 28 times.

A forensic investigation of the bedroom where the Neutral Bay businessman was found bleeding to death has uncovered evidence of sexual activity.

He was dropped home in a taxi at 12.30am, then wandered over the road to The Oaks Hotel for a beer, walking in there moments after 1am. Police are looking at the possibility Mr Huxley let a woman into his unit and left her there while he went for a quick drink, or whether he had a drink while waiting for a female to arrive at his place.

rsbm

Thanks Figs! That is awesome information!! Can we add one more event to it?
"FLATMATE ARRIVES HOME" OR "FLATMATE AWOKEN"

That seems to be the event with the most reported variation.

michael - the reports I looked through about the flatmate's time of arriving home were interwoven with the time she found him - the only report I have (I had limited access to the media) is one of quoting the Police was 2:50am (quote below). Most of the msm were vague - using words like 'just after' or no time at ll given.
If you have access to the msm time she arrived home can you point me there and I'll add it in :)

19 09 13 - Daily Telegraph: Police have narrowed a time frame of his attack to between 1.30am when he was seen leaving The Oaks Hotel on Military Rd, and 2.50am when his flat mate arrived back at the Watson St unit.

19 09 13 - Daily Telegraph: Police have narrowed a time frame of his attack to between 1.30am when he was seen leaving The Oaks Hotel on Military Rd, and 2.50am when his flat mate arrived back at the Watson St unit.

pondering this quote now makes me think the Flatmate wasn't asleep if the 000 call was made at 3am - a ten minute difference.

pondering this quote now makes me think the Flatmate wasn't asleep if the 000 call was made at 3am - a ten minute difference.

Hi Fig Tree

I believe somewhere it was reported that she first rang EU - this may account for some of the 10 minute time lapse?

I can't help wandering that even if the flatmate was there when the attack happened, whether she might have been in a deep slumber perhaps (and I'm speculating) under the influence of a few too many Guiness' (after a reported) girls night out?

See...? It just doesn't quite add up... Sure it's conceivable that she was drunk and went to crash almost instantly, it seems the murder was probably taking place as she walked through the door, or she was already home.
There's smoke 'n mirrors around this event for sure!

Hi Fig Tree

I believe somewhere it was reported that she first rang EU - this may account for some of the 10 minute time lapse?

I can't help wandering that even if the flatmate was there when the attack happened, whether she might have been in a deep slumber perhaps (and I'm speculating) under the influence of a few too many Guiness' (after a reported) girls night out?

I've thought about that too. I seem to remember seeing that too... that she called him first, but the only reports I've been able to find since wondering this say she called 000 first, then EU.
But let's say she did call EU first... try and imagine a scenario which would justify that... the only one that fits for me is if she was listening to a nasty fight going on through the door, and called EU to say "s..# it's getting ugly, i think you'd better come over...".

I've thought about that too. I seem to remember seeing that too... that she called him first, but the only reports I've been able to find since wondering this say she called 000 first, then EU.
But let's say she did call EU first... try and imagine a scenario which would justify that... the only one that fits for me is if she was listening to a nasty fight going on through the door, and called EU to say "s..# it's getting ugly, i think you'd better come over...".

Agreed. (Imagine that is correct how terrible she would feel)

And strange that there have been no public appeals for information either.

I believe it is likely the police are just lining their "duck(s)" up before closing in on the culprit.

24 09 13 - Daily Telegraph: Police said Mr Huxley’s flat mate Jean Redmond, who discovered him semi-conscious and called Triple-0, has an alibi and is not considered a person of interest.
Her boyfriend Ertan Ucar, whom Ms Redmond called when she discovered Mr Huxley lying in a pool of blood, is not to have been involved either, police said.

I haven't read the word carpet - what was the floor covering in the bedroom I wonder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3