GUILTY Australia - Morgan Huxley, 31, stabbed to death, Neutral Bay, NSW, 8 Sept 2013 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he's a Professor of Criminology, Strangeworld (Dr Petherick, that is). I don't think that includes mental health or psychiatry - but it does include crime, criminals and their motivations and methods, personality types/disorders (I believe that is different from mental health :dunno: )

The other interesting things he said were ...

“Dr Petherick said it sounded as if he could have had sexual intercourse and then a fight.

"People who can't handle rejection, when you ask them to leave, they completely flip out," he said.

He said the attack was obviously not accidental, and that the killer knew what they were doing.

"To target the neck is very deliberate, and especially multiple times."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...va-morgan-huxley/story-fni0cx12-1226724096453

I also just had a thought ... do you think maybe Morgan was kicked in the .. you know .. male sensitive region .. when he was standing (or laying), then perhaps was attacked as he folded over in pain from that?

That would have temporarily incapacitated him, wouldn't it? Until the neck wounds incapacitated him completely. And it would be possible for a psychotically-enraged smaller female to do.

I think he's a Professor of Criminology, Strangeworld (Dr Petherick, that is). I don't think that includes mental health or psychiatry - but it does include crime, criminals and their motivations and methods, personality types/disorders (I believe that is different from mental health :dunno: )

“Dr Petherick said it sounded as if he could have had sexual intercourse and then a fight.

"People who can't handle rejection, when you ask them to leave, they completely flip out," he said.

He said the attack was obviously not accidental, and that the killer knew what they were doing.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...va-morgan-huxley/story-fni0cx12-1226724096453

IMO, if you haven't already, watch 'Basic Instinct'. This reeks to me of that type of scenario.:twocents:

Underbelly theme 'It's a jungle out there'.
I think the Prof is likely close to the mark.
Really appreciate Doc's input, answered many questions of mine, and I agree with some that still puzzle in the details and possible timeline. There are missing bits to this story. But always remember that police don't tell us everything while investigations are ongoing. Pretty silly if they did.

I also just had a thought ... do you think maybe Morgan was kicked in the .. you know .. male sensitive region .. when he was standing (or laying), then perhaps was attacked as he folded over in pain from that?

That would have temporarily incapacitated him, wouldn't it? Until the neck wounds incapacitated him completely. And it would be possible for a psychotically-enraged smaller female to do.

Aha! A kick to the nether regions could very well render a male incapacitated...

Good theory! :thumb:

Thanks SouthAussie. He certainly made some interesting comments.

BBM - personality disorder is actually part of a psychiatric diagnosis, like depression or anxiety.

Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The DSM-IV organizes each psychiatric diagnosis into five dimensions (axes) relating to different aspects of disorder or disability:
Axis I: All diagnostic categories except mental retardation and personality disorder
Axis II: Personality disorders and mental retardation
Axis III: General medical condition; acute medical conditions and physical disorders
Axis IV: Psychosocial and environmental factors contributing to the disorder
Axis V: Global Assessment of Functioning or Children's Global Assessment Scale for children and teens under the age of 18

I would imagine a criminologist would have a level of training in psychiatric and personality disorders, but it depends on their qualifications if they can professionally diagnose i.e. usually only someone who is a registered psychologist, psychiatrist, some medical professionals, etc.
**I just checked his qualifications and seems like he is focused on profiling, so maybe the MSM did just contact him for an expert perspective**
http://apps.bond.edu.au/staff/profile.asp?s_id=143

It would be one thing to say personality 'traits' but he has actually used the word 'disorder'. I guess anyone can suggest a particular disorder (like we do on WS - such as saying a person seemed depressed or anxious) and it was also very common in the Jodi Arias trial (I believe the favoured public diagnosis was borderline personality disorder). But a person would need a lot more detail and info to assess accurately.

I'm going to take Assoc Prof Petherick's quote with a grain of salt at this stage. He is clearly very qualified, but I am not convinced he is 'involved' in the case in terms of knowing enough to diagnose. However, in saying that, I do think his opinion in regards to profiling should be highly regarded.

The police were very quick to publicly rule JR out as a suspect and yet she was virtually there at the time it happened, at least within a few minutes of it. So either she was able to provide some very solid reason rule her out, or they think it is her, and all the attention they're paying to the Cremorne connection is some kind of red herring tactic.
And I'm leaning towards the first idea, that she has been able to provide information straight up that convinces LE to rule her out as a suspect.

I think the time of the attack actually was later, closer to 03.00am (and our research possibly supports that). I think that JR was home (unbeknownst to the killer), AND awake during some if not all of the attack. She may not have been aware who was behind the closed door with MH, and gone about her own thing, gone to bed.
I think she will turn out to be the prosecution's star witness. LE are likely deliberately withholding some key information she has provided - perhaps she's overhead a conversation prior to the attack or something, some information that could firmly identify the killer. Information they can use to bring the killer's alibi undone. Which may be why there's such a smokescreen around the time of the stabbing and the time JR actually did get home.

And I don't think JR is in any real danger, since LE are probably watching every move the suspect makes until they make an arrest...

Agreed, Strangeworld ... I think he is just generalising too ... with more education on the matter than me. :)

(Sorry .. misunderstood what you meant)

Just adding to my thoughts above. What also struck me as odd about the quote from the Assoc. Prof is that it is quite a leap to even consider a public diagnosis without assessment. At this stage (as far as we know) the killer has not been assessed by this professor. Most mental health/psychiatric professionals would be very hesitant slapping a label onto someone without more info. Possibly this quote was more along the lines of profiling. Or he has access to quite a bit more crime scene info/background than we do. It really is curious.

Excellent thinking there SW. Can't help wondering if that "diagnosis" was just put out there to flush out a certain person?

Not a complete list, but I hope this helps with the variation of msm timelines ...

Sorted by date of publication / quotes taken from msm / Main Source of publication & author in brackets.

Morgan Huxley Main Stream Media Source Timeline:

ARRIVED HOME BY TAXI AFTER ENG PARTY
10 09 2013 - An investigating officer said police believed Mr Huxley arrived at his Watson Street unit about 1am (SMH EP)
21 09 13 - He was dropped home in a taxi at 12.30am (SMH EP)

ARRIVED AT THE OAKS HOTEL:
12 09 13 - Security footage captured Mr Huxley walking into the Military Road hotel by himself at 1am (SMH EP)
15 09 13 - Popular ladies man Morgan Huxley wandered into the Oaks Hotel in Sydney's Neutral Bay at 1.01am last Sunday. (SMH EP)
15 09 13 - Mr Huxley was seen walking into the Oaks Hotel on Military Road at 1.01am. (SMH EP)
21 09 13 - then wandered over the road to The Oaks Hotel for a beer, walking in there moments after 1am (TST CC)
22 09 13 - He had visited the Oaks Hotel in Neutral Bay for a drink at 1am (NINEMSN)

LEFT THE OAKS HOTEL:
12 09 13 - is then seen leaving about 1.30am and walking in the direction of his Watson Street unit. (SMH EP )
12 09 13 - Fairfax Media understands Mr Huxley was seen leaving the Military Road hotel about 1.30am. (SMH EP)
12 09 13 - Mr Huxley was last seen leaving The Oaks Hotel on Military Rd, Neutral Bay at 1.30am. (TDT CC)
14 09 13 - The owner and operator of Huxley Marine was last seen alive at the Oaks Hotel at Neutral Bay, about 1.30am. (TDT CC)
15 09 13 - before walking out through the hotel's Ben Boyd Road exit by himself about 1.30am. (SMH EP)
19 09 13 - Police have narrowed a time frame of his attack to between 1.30am when he was seen leaving The Oaks Hotel on Military Rd, (SMH EP)
23 09 13 - Police are reviewing CCTV footage of Mr Huxley leaving the nearby Oaks Hotel on Military Rd at 1.30am (TDT JL)

MORGAN HUXLEY ARRIVED HOME from hotel:
12 09 13 - After leaving the hotel it is believed he walked home to his Watson Street unit, which was only 200 metres away (SMH CC)
14 09 13 - Mr Huxley left the pub alone and walked 300-metres to his Watson St home. (TDT CC)

MORGAN HUXLEY WAS FOUND:
10 09 13 - about 3am on Sunday. (SMH EP)
12 09 13 - His flatmate found him dying in his bedroom, just before 3am. (TDT CC)
12 09 13 - Mr Huxley was found dying on the bedroom floor of his rented Watson St unit in the early hours of Sunday morning, (TDT CC)
12 09 13 - His flatmate found him dying in his bedroom, just before 3am. (TDT CC)
12 09 13 - What happened next is not known but his Irish flatmate found him suffering from multiple stab wounds in his bedroom about 3am, police said. (SMH EP)
12 09 13 - Mr Huxley's Irish flatmate told police that a noise woke her up and she found Mr Huxley bleeding heavily from a number of wounds in his bedroom about 3am. (SMH EP)
14 09 13 - He was found dying in his bedroom about 3am, by his flatmate. (TDT CC)
19 09 13 - (Police) he was seen leaving The Oaks Hotel on Military Rd, and 2.50am when his flat mate arrived back at the Watson St unit. (SMH EP)
19 09 13 - She found the 31-year-old in his bedroom about 3am. (SMH EP)
22 09 13 - He was found in his flat about an hour later (*after 1 AM) by his Irish flatmate (NINEMSN)
23 09 13 - Flatmate Jean Redmond found him dying about 3am on September 8 and called Triple-0. (TDT JL)
24 09 13 - Mr Huxley was stabbed 28 times and left for dead in the bedroom of his Watson St unit, in the early hours of September 8. (TDT CC)
24 09 13 - The handsome man was stabbed three times in the neck and then dozens more times on his back, in a frenzied attack, sometime between 1.30 and 3am. (TDT CC)

TIME OF DEATH:
15 09 13 - Mr Huxley's female flatmate called triple-0 and paramedics rushed him to Royal North Shore Hospital where he died a short time later. NTG (SMH EP)
15 09 13 - By 3am, Mr Huxley was dead. (SMH EP)

Hi Everyone! :greetings:

I thought I'd finally post because I've been lurking since the start and reading all your fantastic thoughts and theories about the case (which is really intriguing me!) I was hoping for an arrest by now or at least some news yesterday or today!

I've missed a few posts the last couple of pages but before I catch up I just wanted to say why I'm now convinced this was pre-meditated. Hope this hasn't already been brought up by anyone.

I would bet all my money that if indeed this is someone MH knew, given the area, social class and age of the suspects, they would no doubt have a mobile phone, most likely a smartphone. I'm going to assume they didn't take it to MH's flat for a very good reason (so they couldn't be traced there), making me think this was planned or pre-meditated and that the killer knew what they were intending to do.

If LE had been able to trace the perps mobile phone to MH's flat within the given time frame, I'm quite sure there would have been an arrest by now. Just thinking back to the Jill Meagher case, I think that's enough to arrest someone with a crime, having evidence that they (or their phone) was in the direct vicinity of MH and his phone, in the given narrow time frame at the location of the crime. If the perp didn't take their mobile phone, I think they were aware of what they were going to do and being caught so took precautions not to take it with them.

Hanging for some news!!!! Great job sleuthing all!

Hi Everyone! :greetings:

I thought I'd finally post because I've been lurking since the start and reading all your fantastic thoughts and theories about the case (which is really intriguing me!) I was hoping for an arrest by now or at some news yesterday or today!

I've missed a few posts the last couple of pages but before I catch up I just wanted to say why I'm now convinced this was pre-meditated. Hope this hasn't already been brought up by anyone.

I would bet all my money that if indeed this is someone MH knew, given the area, social class and age of the suspects, they would no doubt have a mobile phone, most likely a smartphone. I'm going to assume they didn't take it to MH's flat for a very good reason (so they couldn't be traced there), making me think this was planned or pre-meditated and that the killer knew what they were intending to do.

If LE had been able to trace the perps mobile phone to MH's flat within the given time frame, I'm quite sure there would have been an arrest by now. Just thinking back to the Jill Meagher case, I think that's enough to arrest someone with a crime, having evidence that they (or their phone) was in the direct vicinity of MH and his phone, in the given narrow time frame at the location of the crime. If the perp didn't take their mobile phone, I think they were aware of what they were going to do and being caught so took precautions not to take it with them.

Hanging for some news!!!! Great job sleuthing all!
:wagon: SisterWolf!

good to have you on board!

:seeya:

Not a complete list, but I hope this helps with the variation of msm timelines ...

Sorted by date of publication / quotes taken from msm / Main Source of publication & author in brackets.

Morgan Huxley Main Stream Media Source Timeline:

ARRIVED HOME BY TAXI AFTER ENG PARTY
ARRIVED AT THE OAKS HOTEL:
LEFT THE OAKS HOTEL:
MORGAN HUXLEY ARRIVED HOME from hotel:
MORGAN HUXLEY WAS FOUND:
TIME OF DEATH:

rsbm

Thanks Figs! That is awesome information!! Can we add one more event to it?
"FLATMATE ARRIVES HOME" OR "FLATMATE AWOKEN"

That seems to be the event with the most reported variation.

I think that's a really great point, sister wolf! It would certainly prove premeditation if she didn't take her phone for that reason. Excellent thinking!

I was hoping I'd wake up to hear about an arrest in the news this morning.

rsbm
TIME OF DEATH:
15 09 13 - Mr Huxley's female flatmate called triple-0 and paramedics rushed him to Royal North Shore Hospital where he died a short time later. NTG (SMH EP)
15 09 13 - By 3am, Mr Huxley was dead. (SMH EP)

Interesting that one journalist contradicts herself with 2 different versions of the time of death in the same article. I very strongly suspect the phrase "By 3am, Mr Huxley was dead." was for dramatic effect, and the other accounts of him being semi-conscious and dying later on the way to or in hospital to be the correct ones.

This post is a good demonstration of the reliability of MSM reports. :scared:
Although in the absence of any other information, they're all we have to go by! :banghead:

Yes, as Renstar2 said earlier, there could be no GPS, SMS or CCTV ‘footprint’. If that is the case, this killer knew enough to avoid traceable contact with Morgan prior to his murder, leave their mobile elsewhere, and avoid CCTV .. may have been very possible if they lived locally. Perhaps also set up some kind of alibi for themselves, which could involve an accomplice’s help (silly, silly accomplice).

Notice, too, that reports said the front door was left ajar. Maybe the killer didn’t want to touch that doorhandle as they ran out of the flat either.

Yes, they may have thought of many aspects, and it may take a little longer to analyse a recently-used condom, check the DNA inside a glove soaked in Morgan’s blood, get a reading on any blood mixed with Morgan’s blood, gather witness testimony from someone outside quietly having a smoke on their balcony who saw them bolt from the flat, but we can be sure that police and forensics are a lot smarter than them and will pin them down.

They wouldn’t have been able to control every aspect of this brutal crime.

And they’ll go down even harder for a premeditated murder, than for a crime of passion.

Tick tock tick tock …..

Yes, as Renstar2 said earlier, there could be no GPS, SMS or CCTV ‘footprint’. If that is the case, this killer knew enough to avoid traceable contact with Morgan prior to his murder, leave their mobile elsewhere, and avoid CCTV .. may have been very possible if they lived locally. Perhaps also set up some kind of alibi for themselves, which could involve an accomplice’s help (silly, silly accomplice).

Notice, too, that reports said the front door was left ajar. Maybe the killer didn’t want to touch that doorhandle as they ran out of the flat either.

Yes, they may have thought of many aspects, and it may take a little longer to analyse a recently-used condom, check the DNA inside a glove soaked in Morgan’s blood, get a reading on any blood mixed with Morgan’s blood, gather witness testimony from someone outside quietly having a smoke on their balcony who saw them bolt from the flat, but we can be sure that police and forensics are a lot smarter than them and will pin them down.

And they’ll go down even harder for a premeditated murder, than for a crime of passion.

Tick tock tick tock …..

Ha! this is Australia.

More likely 10 years in a psych ward then released to the public like nothing ever happened.

Poor thing was traumatised don't you know. :banghead:

Tick tock tick tock …..

Very true! It's a hard job for both LE and the killer...

The "Tick tock" ticks in time with the thump thump of someone's heart, racing with the realisation that they have lost control, and life will never be the same again, no matter the outcome!

Ha! this is Australia.

More likely 10 years in a psych ward then released to the public like nothing ever happened.

Poor thing was traumatised don't you know. :banghead:

Traumatised … or (thought they) knew what they were doing?

Three deep, life-threatening stabs to the neck (knew what they were doing).

Followed by dozens of small, shallow wounds to the back (mimic a crime of passion, get rid of all that pent-up anger and hate).

If presented to a jury in the right way, this could easily be pegged as a cold, calculating killer worthy of a huge chunk of time in prison.

(I hope :please: )

That was another thing that has appeared to change a lot in the MSM reports-- whether the door was ajar or not when the flatmate got home.

Reports initially said it was open, then I read a policeman stating that they won't confirm whether or not the door was open.... Sorry, no links right now, but I can hunt those up.

Seems to me the cops are being very cagey with certain info - probably for good reason, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3