GUILTY Australia - Morgan Huxley, 31, stabbed to death, Neutral Bay, NSW, 8 Sept 2013 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've thought about that too. I seem to remember seeing that too... that she called him first, but the only reports I've been able to find since wondering this say she called 000 first, then EU.
But let's say she did call EU first... try and imagine a scenario which would justify that... the only one that fits for me is if she was listening to a nasty fight going on through the door, and called EU to say "s..# it's getting ugly, i think you'd better come over...".

Is his bedroom ground floor? Could she have gone out through a window? That seems like a valid scenario Michael and would certainly explain an earlier phone call to him.

michael - the reports I looked through about the flatmate's time of arriving home were interwoven with the time she found him - the only report I have (I had limited access to the media) is one of quoting the Police was 2:50am (quote below). Most of the msm were vague - using words like 'just after' or no time at ll given.
If you have access to the msm time she arrived home can you point me there and I'll add it in :)

I'm now thinking it's not quite as important to work out what time she came home as it is to work out if she was at home at the time of the attack.

Given that our own sleuthing has established the time of attack as being more likely closer to 5 or 10 minutes before 3.00am, and JR's call to 000 at 3.01am, the odds are stacked in favour of her actually having already being at home when it happened. (If not, she must have missed the killer by moments, possibly passed by her out front before entering the unit).
Now many have pointed out the noise of such an event. But that JR slept through the attack, and then woke up to the presumably quieter sounds of moaning and gargling... I strongly believe she was awake and heard a lot more than has been reported. Even if she mistook it for rough sex, I doubt she'd sleep through that and only wake to gargling, etc.. I reckon she was awake all along.
If the killer thought she was alone in the apartment with MH, then LE probably decided that there's no reason to let the killer believe any differently, save that ace up the sleeve for later, hence the uncertainty surrounding these exact times.

I think I'm up to about the 10th version in my mind now!
My two :twocents: cents!

I definitely think she would be used to morgan having company, so even rough or moaning noises wouldn't sound too strange to her. Probably not even squeals or screams. A loud bang of a door closing and the distinctive sound of the "death gurgle" would have caused her Some alarm. Morgan would have had company every sat night. She would hardly pop her he'd in turn the light on an say " just checking your cool morgs"... I think the timing of jr finding him is only consequential because I would say te killer left at exactly that time. The killer may have even been sitting on his back with her hand over his mouth so h could not move post attack. It does bring rise to potentially two people being in the room to render him helpless though. One could be having sex with him the other attacks him. The 2nd person does the firs 3 stabs 2nd does the 28 on the back. I just hope they arrest someone soon so I can stop wondering!!!!

Is his bedroom ground floor? Could she have gone out through a window? That seems like a valid scenario Michael and would certainly explain an earlier phone call to him.

I read somewhere that bedroom is 2nd floor.

Also, there is mention of an upstairs neighbour. But images of the building appear to show only 3 storeys total, so I'd guess they're on the middle level.

Agreed. (Imagine that is correct how terrible she would feel)

And strange that there have been no public appeals for information either.

I believe it is likely the police are just lining their "duck(s)" up before closing in on the culprit.

Another MSM 'work-it-out-yourself' type situation :facepalm: :)

15 09 13 - SMH
Police say there is no prime suspect but detectives are getting closer to finding his killer as they untangle a web of relationships.
-----
''We don't have any suspects at this time. We are just going through his friends and having them account for their movements on the night.''

19 09 13 - SMH:
Police say they are yet to pinpoint a prime suspect in the stabbing death of Neutral Bay man Morgan Huxley.
''We don't have any suspects. [We are] working through all the people in his life, associates, just people from his life and going through them methodically and getting statements from them,'' a senior detective said.

24 09 13 - Daily Telegraph:
POLICE have gathered DNA samples from the bedroom where Neutral Bay man Morgan Huxley was killed, in hopes they can now match them against murder suspects.

26 09 13 Daily Telegraph:
DETECTIVES hunting for the killer of Neutral Bay ladies man Morgan Huxley are focusing on footage captured outside a newsagent, hoping it might reveal the movements of the murder suspect.
-----
Police still have not made any public appeals for information about the murder, indicating they already have a suspect and don’t need help in identifying the killer.

Looks like in the beginning (19th) they were gathering evidence, information and DNA samples...

It seems to me that once the DNA results came in by the 24th they were sure of who their murder was.

On the 26th it seems that they were retracing the steps of an alibi that they'd been given (quote below).

26 09 13 - Daily Telegraph:
It is understood police have information that the killer fled towards the Clark Rd shops and a local park after leaving Mr Huxley bleeding to death on his bedroom floor.

I think they know exactly who the killer is.

I read somewhere that bedroom is 2nd floor.

Also, there is mention of an upstairs neighbour. But images of the building appear to show only 3 storeys total, so I'd guess they're on the middle level.

Yes, but when I looked at the overview from Google it seems that the entrance to the flat is on a separate outdoor level - and looks to have a neighbour adjoining wall.

A blue marquee remains outside the second floor unit to protect finger prints potentially left on the railings or any DNA left on the stairs, police said.

998937-81cf693e-1f58-11e3-9f61-57eacabc40ee.jpg

Hope this is the right unit in the attachment...

Attachments

• WATSON ST BLOCK 4 OVERVIEW.jpg
    WATSON ST BLOCK 4 OVERVIEW.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 18
Another MSM 'work-it-out-yourself' type situation :facepalm: :)

Looks like in the beginning (19th) they were gathering evidence, information and DNA samples...

It seems to me that once the DNA results came in by the 24th they were sure of who their murder was.

On the 26th it seems that they were retracing the steps of an alibi that they'd been given (quote below).

I think they know exactly who the killer is.

More smoke and mirrors by the police. On the 19th, the day the article came out about them doing a "routine search" and having no suspect, I believe they most certainly did... at least it looks that way. The scope and location of their search drastically changed that day, 2 days after the funeral. I'd say they pinpointed the primary suspect on the 18th, the day after the funeral.

I'm pretty sure there was a report that said 'first floor unit' ... I'll look for it. But, yes, it seems to be the block of units at #15.

Yes, but when I looked at the overview from Google it seems that the entrance to the flat is on a separate outdoor level - and looks to have a neighbour adjoining wall.

Hope this is the right unit in the attachment...

Brilliant!!! I couldn't marry the two up until now (the aerial and the MSM pics). So yes, they are on the middle level, but this is accessed from the southern side via a terraced section of common garden!
Now to look closely to see if we can work out how the internal layout would be...

Oh here we go again ... a multitude of discrepancies ...

" would not confirm a friend's account that the door to the ground-floor unit was ajar when Ms Redmond got home"

"...A blue marquee remains outside the second floor unit to protect finger prints potentially left"

www.dailytelegraph.com.au/...morgan-huxley/story-fni0cx12-1226720513.

www.goulburnpost.com.au/.../police-investigate-mans-stabbing-death-after-

And I'm sure there is a 1st floor unit one somewhere, because I remember thinking "first floor, how did he have a garden to sit and drink in then?' (in photos).

Oh here we go again ... a multitude of discrepancies ...

" would not confirm a friend's account that the door to the ground-floor unit was ajar when Ms Redmond got home"

"...A blue marquee remains outside the second floor unit to protect finger prints potentially left"

www.dailytelegraph.com.au/...morgan-huxley/story-fni0cx12-1226720513.

www.goulburnpost.com.au/.../police-investigate-mans-stabbing-death-after-

And I'm sure there is a 1st floor unit one somewhere, because I remember thinking "first floor, how did he have a garden to sit and drink in then?' (in photos).

Yes but we have pics - I know there is another picture kicking around somewhere with a detective at the door of the apartment on the right. So let them call it what they like... we know what it is!

Brilliant!!! I couldn't marry the two up until now (the aerial and the MSM pics). So yes, they are on the middle level, but this is accessed from the southern side via a terraced section of common garden!
Now to look closely to see if we can work out how the internal layout would be...

I spent some time the other day looking through real estate ads for units for sale/rent in the block of units (I think it is called 11-17 Watson in the ads, from memory, but Morgan's was #15 from pics plus Google). I wanted to see the layout as well .. see how close Jean's room was to Morgan's etc.

I could only find one 2-bedroom unit advertised, and when I drilled down into the link it said 'item removed - no longer available'.

Hello. Long time lurker first time poster. I grew up around here and am very familiar with this whole area. The units block Morgan lived in is large, 40 plus units. I believe the majority of them are 2 levels with the kitchen,living and dining downstairs and two bedrooms upstairs. All the floor plans I have seen have had the bedrooms sharing a wall. Such an intriguing case and so frighteningly close to home.

Welcome NoStoneUnturnedAus !! I see this is your first post!

So, if the block of units is ground floor, first floor, second floor, are there some 1-bedroom units on one floor only? Maybe on the 2nd floor, or ground floor?

Thanks SouthAussie!
The unit block is 4-14 Watson I believe. It is made up of all sorts of configurations. I'm not sure if I remember correctly but maybe the lower floor we see in the photos is below street level and that makes Morgan's flat at street level or a couple of steps up.
And another thought ... What if the flat was 2 levels with an exit on the upper level? In the photos of the entrance to MH's flat we can see a door to the right one level above with a separate staircase. JR may have come home in the front door below, made a bit of noise coming in or getting a drink or snack in the kitchen. This would have given the killer warning and ample time to flee via the exit upstairs.

Thank you! Google said it was #15 Watson ... but Google can often be off by a number or two, or ten or twenty. Appreciate your local knowledge very much!

If you look at the images in the media of the front of the unit blocks you can easily match them up with real estate ads. I've parked outside this complex for years. It's called 'Oakleigh'.

OK, I've just spotted it... matching the MSM pics of the front door with the birds eye view on google, there are 2 front door entrances to 2 adjacent apartments on the middle floor of the block. Both the entrances are on the south of the block, with MHs apartment being the one on the right, so, the south-east, closer to the street.
Now if you look closely at the aerial view, you will see 2 corresponding private courtyards on the north side of the block separated by a high wall, so the one on the north east would be MHs. Now take google street view around that side of the building, and you see the driveway to the common carpark beneath the building actually runs beneath MHs courtyard... you can even see his (presumably) backyard furniture in the street view shot.
Now, assuming I'm right, it looks very possible that someone could exit the flat via this back courtyard and the area without having to need too many ninja skills to get back to the street.

You're right, he did personify the North Shore boy .. right down to the business he was involved in. I have a feeling the killer will personify the North Shore girl too, just a not obviously psycho version. I'm assuming whoever she is she will have a good lawyer, with some unique arguments. The trial will be very interesting.

But he wasn't from the north shore. Only rented there.
Lane Cove and Hunters Hill aren't north shore.
And no 'typical' north shore boys, IMO, walk around the streets and to the pub in bare feet - unless they're at the beach on holiday.
With 14 birds on the go it's amazing he had time to do any work on his pontoons.
Neutral Bay may be an expensive area to buy but a lot of people rent there as well and they aren't all the most upmarket members of society.
Just trying to bring some balance. The local NS papers are turning themselves inside out about 'how could this happen in OUR area'.
Give me strength. :banghead::twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member