GUILTY Australia - Morgan Huxley, 31, stabbed to death, Neutral Bay, NSW, 8 Sept 2013 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Such great theories -what a mystery this is. My 'thanks' button is playing up - but thanks to everyone!!

I was thinking today how the knife (or whatever was used to stab Morgan) fits into things.

If it was premeditated, did the killer bring the knife to the crime scene? If it wasn't premeditated, the killer would likely have had to leave the bedroom and retrieve a knife from the kitchen..during an argument? after Morgan decided he just wanted to sleep? after an argument as revenge?

Or was another weapon used (I can't remember if it's actually been stated in MSM that is was a knife, or just that he was stabbed). Was something used that was already in the bedroom - can't think what that would be though.

I guess as Morgan had started building pontoons for a living it is possible that a few tools had made their way into his bedroom. Not sure how much storage there would be in a flat for storage of tools, and I have been unable to find an actual business premises for Morgan’s business while looking online – just a website that is/was still under construction.

Some guys have all manner of things in their bedrooms - whatever was in their pockets (or toolbelt?) when they got home. This could include some kind of knife, chisel, scissors, etc.

It was reported that the wounds were shallow and many. I don't imagine that a cut would have to go too deep to hit an artery in the neck either, though I believe they reported that the neck wounds were deeper - maybe as there would be little bone in the way?

ETA: http://www.huxleymarine.com.au/HOME.html

If it was premeditated, did the killer bring the knife to the crime scene? If it wasn't premeditated, the killer would likely have had to leave the bedroom and retrieve a knife from the kitchen..during an argument? after Morgan decided he just wanted to sleep? after an argument as revenge?

Or was another weapon used (I can't remember if it's actually been stated in MSM that is was a knife, or just that he was stabbed). Was something used that was already in the bedroom - can't think what that would be though.

I was thinking about that when I wrote my earlier theory, that he went to the pub to cool his heels after after a fight, during which time the culprit has grabbed a knife from the kitchen and pretended to sleep while really seething and waiting for him to return.

I gather from the promiscuous, party-till-late, backyard BBQ, share house culture, that he doesn't have a complete matching set of steak knives, so it's probably not easy to identify if a knife is missing from the kitchen or not. And I believe LE have not yet found the murder weapon...

What's the strength of the alibi(s)?
Rsbm

Police have made a statement that neither of them are suspects and that their alibis are good. Having said that, police also said that Sarah Cafferkey's disappearance was not suspicious at first, and we all know wha happened there.

From memory jean was with a lot of friends all night and they would have CCTV of her being driven home. Matching that up with the timing of the 000 call would be easy.

Just wanted to bring this forward for consideration (I posted it early in the thread), as there appears to be a few stories going around about where the flatmate was during the attack on Morgan - and who knows which one is true.

The thing that interests me about the following comments is that they are attributed to the police.

Most articles say his flatmate arrived home just before 3am and heard noises from his room, then went to investigate.

Strangely, this article says she was awoken by a noise at around 3am.

“What happened next is not known but his Irish flatmate found him suffering from multiple stab wounds in his bedroom about 3am, police said.”

“The woman he shared the unit with told police she had no idea what had happened but was woken by a noise.”

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/morgan-hux...#ixzz2fQjIFTy1

ETA: Sorry, just realised that the above link doesn't work any longer .. but this one does, and contains the same info.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/police-in...er-night-out-with-friends-20130909-2tga5.html

The time she returned home can probably be proven pretty well. The time of the 000 call is no doubt set in concrete. But even by her own account, she was home some minutes before discovering him dying and calling 000.
Was the killer in the apartment during those few minutes?

Apparently the initial emergency call actually stated that the victim had been stabbed 30 times. Interesting how that came to be reported since he was in a blood soaked t-shirt. Of course, the operator may have asked the caller to count... Does anyone know what the protocol would be here?

I remember reading that too Michael, and it surprised me. If someone I found was injured the way Morgan was, I certainly wouldn't be able to determine the number of injuries by looking, let alone counting them on the phone to 000. There would just be too much blood, and really it wouldn't be a priority to count injuries.

I wonder if in the phone call the flatmate just pulled a random figure out of the air in shock like 'OMG, he's got so many injuries. Blood everywhere. He's been stabbed all over at least 30 times...' (if you get what I mean). Even then, this seems unbelievable - why not say 'dozens' or 'heaps'. 30 seems so specific.

Here's my theory...

He spends the arvo / evening at the engagement party and catches a cab home before 12.30am. He sits home alone and thinks that a booty call is in order as after such a fun arvo he finds it lonely sitting there by himself. BC is going to take half hour to get there and he doesn't fancy sitting alone so he pops to his local to have another beer to fill in time. He gets home just after 1am and has some fun with his BC and after or during s3x she grabs at something (either a tool or something he had in his room or on bedside dresser, or even a metal pen or something she might have had in her handbag) and stabs him 3 times quickly in the neck and this stuns him and makes him fall off the bed face down. Then in her rage she continues to stab him another 25 times in the back. The stab wounds are shallow, hence he did not die immediately. According to MSM he was in cardiac arrest when the ambos arrived so I don't think that any arteries were severed as if he bled out they would have said that he was dead at the scene.

The police have said that the person could have a personality disorder, I think that was said to put more pressure on the killer and I believe that it also demonstrates that the killer might have just lost the plot over something minor and it escalated from there.

The police have indicated that they got DNA from the bedroom, I wonder if that came from her bodily fluids on him, or if maybe she threw up in there after she did it.

Due to the shallow stab wounds I think that he could have been laying there for some time before the flatmate came home. She would most likely have known that the flatmate was out that night with friends as she may have discussed it with Morgan.

All MOO of course.

I like the other theories too :) Nice work guys!!

And isn't it strange/amazing/coincidental that 30 injuries were reported in that initial call, and after later examination, there were 28 injuries. Very very close count. Strange/amazing/coincidental.....

Of course, this is all assuming that MSM got their facts straight and reported correctly.

Apparently the initial emergency call actually stated that the victim had been stabbed 30 times. Interesting how that came to be reported since he was in a blood soaked t-shirt. Of course, the operator may have asked the caller to count... Does anyone know what the protocol would be here?

I think that in times of high stress, you act in a different way than you normally would. So to us it may seem odd for her to say a specific number, but she probably just pulled that number out of her head.
Or she could have said it to hurry them along?

I think I'd me more inclined to say a specific number rather than 'dozens' if I had to answer a question.

I think that in times of high stress, you act in a different way than you normally would. So to us it may seem odd for her to say a specific number, but she probably just pulled that number out of her head.
Or she could have said it to hurry them along?

I think I'd me more inclined to say a specific number rather than 'dozens' if I had to answer a question.

But she was only 2 injuries off (28 versus 30). That is odd isn't it? Even with shallow injuries, there would have been blood. For someone to even see a wound, they would almost have to wipe blood away to check entry wounds.

But she was only 2 injuries off (28 versus 30). That is odd isn't it? Even with shallow injuries, there would have been blood. For someone to even see a wound, they would almost have to wipe blood away to check entry wounds.

Yep it could be odd, I'm just offering another opinion, I'm not sold either way.

The 000 operator might have said 'how many' she might have said lots and they might say 'lots like 10 or like 50' and she might have said 30?

Or the operator might have asked her to lift his shirt to look at the wounds so the ambos are well prepared. The operators are really thorough.

Or I could be totally wrong :)

It's all healthy discussion and it gives us all different ideas!

I must have missed the article saying that Morgan's flatmate gave a count of the wounds that Morgan suffered.

However, she is a physiotherapist so she may be more skilled than most at determining how many wounds there were, if asked.

And if Morgan was in the process of taking off his shirt when attacked (trying to think of reasons why he didn't/couldn't defend himself), the flatmate may not even have had to lift his shirt. Maybe it was sort of bunched up at his neck in the back as he was going to pull it over his head? Or maybe it was over his head, but still on it, and still on his arms? MSM said he only had a shirt on, but maybe that doesn't mean properly on .. just still on IYKWIM?

"Morgan's flatmate, Irish physiotherapist Jean Redmond, who discovered him bleeding to death in his bedroom about 3am ... "

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...y-e6frg6n6-1226720951868#sthash.OXkFJ94I.dpuf

Yep it could be odd, I'm just offering another opinion, I'm not sold either way.

The 000 operator might have said 'how many' she might have said lots and they might say 'lots like 10 or like 50' and she might have said 30?

Or the operator might have asked her to lift his shirt to look at the wounds so the ambos are well prepared. The operators are really thorough.

Or I could be totally wrong :)

It's all healthy discussion and it gives us all different ideas!

Hope you didn't think I was having a go at you Humdinger. I was just bouncing off Michael's train of thought tonight and it has really got me thinking.

Loving the theories too :)

I must have missed the article saying that Morgan's flatmate gave a count of the wounds that Morgan suffered.

However, she is a physiotherapist so she may be more skilled than most at determining how many wounds there were, if asked.

And if Morgan was in the process of taking off his shirt when attacked (trying to think of reasons why he didn't/couldn't defend himself), the flatmate may not even have had to lift his shirt. Maybe it was sort of bunched up at his neck in the back as he was going to pull it over his head? Or maybe it was over his head, but still on it, and still on his arms? MSM said he only had a shirt on, but maybe that doesn't mean properly on .. just still on IYKWIM?

"Morgan's flatmate, Irish physiotherapist Jean Redmond, who discovered him bleeding to death in his bedroom about 3am ... "

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...y-e6frg6n6-1226720951868#sthash.OXkFJ94I.dpuf

That's a good point. I'm trying to get my head around a body that has been stabbed, slashed, etc - even shallow wounds would cause enough blood to make the wounds not immediately obvious? I guess I'm just unsure what state Morgan's body was in - would the wounds stand out? I've never seen significant injuries like this so I'm really stuck on this.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...va-morgan-huxley/story-fni0cx12-1226724096453

The Triple-0 call to the NSW Ambulance Service sounded so serious that three crews responded. The initial call stated a man was suffering 30 stab wounds to his back and neck. Police would later discover it was 28 wounds - 3 large and deep penetrating wounds to the same side of his neck, then dozens of small stab and slash wounds to his back.

Thanks for the link Strangeworld .. I definitely missed that one.

I've never seen stab wounds before either - but maybe they don't all bleed profusely if they are shallow? Or maybe she did take an educated guess (a pretty darn accurate one)? Or maybe her trained eye knows a cut/injury when she sees it?

I sort of think she was home in bed during the attack. I tend to believe the police account of her whereabouts. She probably was out with the girls for most of the night, but I reckon she came home and went to bed, maybe while Morgan was at the pub, or maybe even before he went to the pub and he knew she was home - could have had a few too many drinks so slept right away, then awoke as the killer banged her way out of the house or Morgan banged something trying to get her attention.

Could she even have heard a shrill female voice yell something, and that woke her?

ETA: She could be staying with her boyfriend and not going to work, not just because she is extremely traumatised by it all, but maybe she is a little afraid psycho-girl will come after her too.

I'm thinking - the way the newspapers seem to go is that they will bring out a bigger story in the Sunday paper - which should give a few more clues and a little more of the story (so we can keep the thread going ;))

JO must have had a water tight alibi so as not to give a DNA sample - and to be able to make the comment she did.

The Australian. Read more... It is understood that Jessica Orcsik, the 28-year-old daughter of Australian actor Paula Duncan who dated Mr Huxley earlier this year, has not been asked to provide a DNA sample to police.

The Daily Telegraph revealed last week that Ms Orcsik, a St Leonards dance teacher, had told friends she believed a female was responsible for Mr Huxley’s killing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member