Australia & New Zealand - COVID-19 Coronavirus

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"To anyone not willing to wear a mask, I would encourage you to spend a day in our shoes and see what it looks like in the coronavirus ward and see someone struggling to breathe and really suffering the effects of this virus and I think you might feel a little bit different about doing your bit in the community," Dr Smibert said.
Doctor's plea to public after giving coronavirus to wife

Would you like for us to export some Karens your way?
Australia is suffering a surge of Karenovirus here.

3f2914f6c18e5c0d7d0a6764354940ee.jpg

lol we have way too many ourselves thanks
and I'm stealing that meme

oh wait I think you thought I was in NZ but I'm not, I'm in Canada
the above still applies

There is a plague of Karens and Darrens who refuse to wear masks and I don't get their reasons. Australia had the virus nailed and then....we had a few rallies and again our borders have closed due to this.

The Karen mask

f4guap8sa2051.jpg

Last edited:
Australia among world's highest coronavirus death rates in aged care sector

Australia among world's highest coronavirus death rates in aged care sector

Sky News Australia

2 hrs ago
The rate of coronavirus deaths in Australia's aged care sector now ranks among the highest in the world, with at least 218 lives lost so far.

Federal agencies reportedly failed to prepare despite warnings from overseas the elderly were most vulnerable to the disease.
The aged care sector makes up almost 70 per cent of Australia's deaths during the pandemic.

Radio 2GB reported the reason why no nursing home residents were taken to hospital or reseased into the care of their families was because they feared a precedence would be set. If an aged resident was transported to hospital then ALL aged residents would.
They are speaking now about a man in his 80's who died and some govt egghead has said he would've died soon anyway. This man was an avid golf player and lead a very active life.

They would not have said that if this active man in his 80's died in a car accident at the hands of a drunk driver.

When your loved one in aged care becomes ill, I think that most families would want them to be taken to hospital, no matter the age.

The family at that time is thinking only that they don't want to lose their father, mother, grandmother etc. They're not thinking about how other families from the nursing home would also want the same thing.

And why should they. Has age become a shameful thing and something to blame the aged person for living beyond what they consider an age worthy of being treated with dignity and respect.

I'm sorry this is all a jumble because somehow today I feel that older people are being treated as a nuisance, in the way, and the sooner they die the sooner life will get back to normal.
Who are some to judge how valuable a life is. ?
Are those same people going to be happy to die on the dot of when they turn the age that they now think is "well they've had their life" Let's get back to what's important and get that economy going.

I feel like this is a horror movie, and the thinking someone only has the right to stay alive up to what they consider a "not too old" age

Radio 2GB reported the reason why no nursing home residents were taken to hospital or reseased into the care of their families was because they feared a precedence would be set. If an aged resident was transported to hospital then ALL aged residents would.

Beautifully said Toots.
My mum is in a nursing home is close by to Newmarch where so many elderly died and kept on dying one after the other.
Mum's home locks down at a whisper of a hotspot closeby and I'm thankful for their knee jerk reactions.

It's good to see you around Toots and I've always loved your posts.

Thanks They'll :)
I've always loved your posts too!

I think I must have got out of the wrong, or maybe right side of the bed today, because normally I don't get angry about things.
Seeing your post unleashed something in me :) I found myself hopping mad lol.

Hope your Mum keeps safe and all the others there as well :)

Supermarket giant Coles will stop delivering printed catalogues to letterboxes as vast numbers of shoppers go online during COVID-19 pandemic.
From September 9 deliveries of hard copy leaflets will no longer be distributed, saving more than 10,000 tonnes of paper a year.
Coles Group CEO Steven Cain said that was the equivalent of 80,000 trees that would no longer be cut down.

A limited number of hard copy catalogues will still be available in store.

Coles to stop delivering printed catalogues as thousands of shoppers move online

Speaking of Coles, when products started disappearing from the shelves I firstly looked at Woolworths, have been getting deliveries from them for years.
They didn't have some of my basics so I looked at the Coles site, they did have some of what I needed so decided to register for online shopping with them.
It was only when I went to pay and It said they couldn't deliver to my address. I checked what I had put in the address box, tried again, no go.
Then I thought, surely they do deliver here, Woolies have for a very long time.
Finally made the order with Woolworths and asked the delivery guy and he said Coles have never delivered here.
I could find nowhere on the Coles site that tells you where they delivered to.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceciliaesquivel2000@yahoo
Back