Australia Australia - Novy Chardon, 34, Upper Coomera, Qld, 6 Feb 2013 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So -- this is now a murder investigation..

.. and they want the public to help find the clothes Novy was wearing the last night she was seen alive...

Do you think they've found her body? Why else would they think the clothing she was wearing might show up somewhere?

And maybe those people acting suss around her car ripped her stuff off.. ?

I get the feeling there's more going on here than meets the eye! :waitasec:

So -- this is now a murder investigation..

.. and they want the public to help find the clothes Novy was wearing the last night she was seen alive...

Do you think they've found her body? Why else would they think the clothing she was wearing might show up somewhere?

And maybe those people acting suss around her car ripped her stuff off.. ?

I get the feeling there's more going on here than meets the eye! :waitasec:

I do think there is more going on than meets the eye - but I don't think they've found her body. IMO they might just be putting it out there knowing that CUAD is on and hoping someone finds something. If people don't know about it they would just put things in with the rest of the garbage. I just think they are trying to make people aware that she may be out there somewhere.

If I was working CUAD in the area, I'd be worried what I was going to find.

Yes, gruesome, but for the sake of the investigation, it would be better if she is found sooner rather than later. I don't think she is alive. I think some members of the family might be involved and at this stage I don't think is her husband. IMO.

Yes, gruesome, but for the sake of the investigation, it would be better if she is found sooner rather than later. I don't think she is alive. I think some members of the family might be involved and at this stage I don't think is her husband. IMO.

Agree - he may not be involved but he knows something IMO

Det Supt Hutchinson said police were still treating Mrs Chardon's disappearance as a murder investigation, despite the missing suitcases.
"We work towards the worst possible scenario," he said.
"Right from the very beginning when we had concerns, we take it to the highest level.
"We still hold the same grave concerns we had early in the piece.

"We're treating it as if she's not coming back and we're doing our best to find her."

http://www.news.com.au/national-new...rdons-belongings/story-fndo4ckr-1226588609169

BBM: Whatever it was that got their kinky meter going at the very beginning hasn't changed. Possibly some vital information given by Novy's friend who reported her missing? Wonder if Novy was afraid something might happen to her.

The clothes, the suitcases. She had a lot of expensive things on her. Was she leaving somewhere??

I'm hoping it's not some random. That is concerning, especially as she was promoting her business.

He likely has a rage problem ... certainly flies off the handle at the media quickly. Who knows how bad it may get when mixed with an evening drink.

And, if so, it's highly likely that her friends knew, and probably the neighbours too.

Okay, I typed this wonderful message the other day, but it decided not to post it :( so here's hoping you get this one! Might copy it before I post just incase ;)

My children attend the school Novy's children do. In fact, just saw them at school on Friday. Broke my heart more than words can describe. I understand children need structure/normality but still, their mother is missing for gods sake. How they can be told to function is just unheard of. <modsnip>

I never knew Novy. However, a handful of the mothers I know at the school do/did :(

They have spoken of Novy as a wonderful, wonderful woman. Full of life. Everyone that knew her, loved her. She lived for her children. They meant the world to her.

<modsnip>

The mothers/friends of Novy I have spoken to have stated their 'gut' feeling about Mr Chardon. He was strange. Not one that you would wish to hold a conversation with. He was arrogant and well, in their words, just plain weird.

When Novy disappeared, one friend in particular, was the last known witness to see her on Wednesday. This friend assures me Novy was in a normal/great mood. <modsnip>. Her business, days before had just received an ABN. She was more than excited and pumped about her new business.

A few things that have stuck in my mind since having conversations with Novy's friends from the school

1. Mr Chardon was a very strange man that made most feel uncomfortable around him.

2. He was often very rude to Novy in front of others.

3. He had his daughters heavily involved in their business. <modsnip> Just a personal opinion but I wonder whether the notice that Novy was giving about the divorce was enough for 'certain people' to question how much they stood to lose ... just a thought.

<modsnip>
Overall from what I can gather of some genuine women who have Novy and her children at their forefront of their concerns, is that Novy was in a great place. She had feared her husband for years but now could finally see herself in a great spot with her business etc. They all assure me Novy's love for her children was right up there with the best of us.

Apparently, I have been told, that one of Novy's step-daughters has now gone overseas since her interview this week. <modsnip>
All the meantime as I write this, two beautiful, innocent children have gone to sleep wondering where their loving mother is. Not a kiss to be had nor a mummy's hug to be held.

My heart breaks :'(

Okay, I typed this wonderful message the other day, but it decided not to post it :( so here's hoping you get this one! Might copy it before I post just incase ;)

My children attend the school Novy's children do. In fact, just saw them at school on Friday. Broke my heart more than words can describe. I understand children need structure/normality but still, their mother is missing for gods sake. How they can be told to function is just unheard of. They are apparently now with Foster Carers/Dept. of Child Safety. Even more a reason to break my heart.

I never knew Novy. However, a handful of the mothers I know at the school do/did :(

They have spoken of Novy as a wonderful, wonderful woman. Full of life. Everyone that knew her, loved her. She lived for her children. They meant the world to her.

<modsnip>
The mothers/friends of Novy I have spoken to have stated their 'gut' feeling about Mr Chardon. He was strange. Not one that you would wish to hold a conversation with. He was arrogant and well, in their words, just plain weird.

When Novy disappeared, one friend in particular, was the last known witness to see her on Wednesday. This friend assures me Novy was in a normal/great mood. <modsnip> She was more than excited and pumped about her new business.

A few things that have stuck in my mind since having conversations with Novy's friends from the school

1. Mr Chardon was a very strange man that made most feel uncomfortable around him.

2. He was often very rude to Novy in front of others.

3. He had his daughters heavily involved in their business. <modsnip> Just a personal opinion but I wonder whether the notice that Novy was giving about the divorce was enough for 'certain people' to question how much they stood to lose ... just a thought.

<modsnip>
Overall from what I can gather of some genuine women who have Novy and her children at their forefront of their concerns, is that Novy was in a great place. She had feared her husband for years but now could finally see herself in a great spot with her business etc. They all assure me Novy's love for her children was right up there with the best of us.

Apparently, I have been told, that one of Novy's step-daughters has now gone overseas since her interview this week. <modsnip>.
All the meantime as I write this, two beautiful, innocent children have gone to sleep wondering where their loving mother is. Not a kiss to be had nor a mummy's hug to be held.

My heart breaks :'(

Hi Gold Coast Girl - and welcome to the forum :welcome5:

Thank you for posting and please stick around as we have very little to go on and you could be a great help.

<modsnip>
It has been in MSM that one of the daughters has gone o/seas but not where or why.

I'm sure there will be more questions after we take in what you have posted.

Hi, GoldCoastGirl and welcome to Websleuths! Glad you found this thread, and I do hope you'll stay around. Thank you very much for your insights - we have heard so little about Novy. This case makes me so sad, she seems like she was a very nice woman and a great mother. Yes, her poor kids. They must be so confused and frightened, and I wonder what they've been told about the situation. I hope people have been gentle with them.

<modsnip> And why Novy is considered a a murder victim, though her body hasn't been found. Or has it??? There's a lot of strangeness about all this. I hope the truth is revealed sooner or later.

So many interesting things you've said! <modsnip> Very strange, indeed. It's no surprise to me at all that Chardon is seen as an unpleasant, abusive man. My instincts had me utterly repulsed by him from the first post and they are not often wrong!

Anyway, I care what happened to Novy, as I am sure do all who've posted here. She did not deserve an unhappy fate, and her kids do not deserve to grow up with no mother. Whoever harmed her, I hope they rot in jail.

interview with Novys mum.

"Mrs Aler said she was aware her daughter was having marital problems and was negotiating an ugly divorce.
"She rang me two days before she disappeared and she was very upset," she said. "She was under a lot of pressure because of the divorce process."
Mrs Aler has not heard from her son-in-law since Novy's disappearance and has not been able to see her grandchildren, even after Mr Chardon took them to Indonesia just after his wife went missing.
"I tried to call them at the hotel they were staying at, but reception said it was not possible to speak with them.

- See more at: http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...y-e6freon6-1226589487287#sthash.eEAjUaE1.dpuf

What a pig of a husband. Not allowing the childrens grandparents to see them. How cold. bet they were craving some warmth and affection too. Of course Mr J was guarding them from anyone and making sure they were in contact with no one incase they let slip some important info maybe.. Like if they saw there mum on that Wednesaday night, if there parents had been fighting, if anyone strange or anyone they knew had rocked up that night. Is he hoping that there memories of what they remember from that night may have faded or be too sketchy to be taken seriously. Such calculated behaviour.

interview with Novys mum.

"Mrs Aler said she was aware her daughter was having marital problems and was negotiating an ugly divorce.
"She rang me two days before she disappeared and she was very upset," she said. "She was under a lot of pressure because of the divorce process."
Mrs Aler has not heard from her son-in-law since Novy's disappearance and has not been able to see her grandchildren, even after Mr Chardon took them to Indonesia just after his wife went missing.
"I tried to call them at the hotel they were staying at, but reception said it was not possible to speak with them.

- See more at: http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...y-e6freon6-1226589487287#sthash.eEAjUaE1.dpuf

What a pig of a husband. Not allowing the childrens grandparents to see them. How cold. bet they were craving some warmth and affection too. Of course Mr J was guarding them from anyone and making sure they were in contact with no one incase they let slip some important info maybe.. Like if they saw there mum on that Wednesaday night, if there parents had been fighting, if anyone strange or anyone they knew had rocked up that night. Is he hoping that there memories of what they remember from that night may have faded or be too sketchy to be taken seriously. Such calculated behaviour.

Thanks you for the piece of info! I fully agree with you ... he was guarding the kids and preventing them from speaking to anybody who might have some questions about that night. As I said before, my instinct tells me the step-daughters know something!

Another family seemingly destroyed, another bunch of greedy people, etc. IMO.

wow look at this.

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article...tml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

A funeral notice in the Bulletin records his first wife -- Maureen Monica Chardon -- died on June 23, 1996, aged 40 years.

"Much loved wife of John and loving mother to Candice and Angela," the funeral notice said.

About 20 relatives and friends attended Mrs Chardon's funeral service four days later, at 3pm at Nerang's Allambe Gardens.

They were advised Maureen Chardon had died of a drug overdose.

"That's what we were told, that she took her own life. She was a lovely lady," a former friend said.

Asked about Mr Chardon, the friend replied: "I think he comes across as dominating, quite rude and crass. He's very abrupt.

Referring to the Gold Coast paper article: I wonder when was the book "East Pray Love" listed as her favourite! I seriously doubt a woman with 2 young children would take off to re-discover herself. No way. No bank accounts have been used by her. She would not have gone to buy Maccas just before she disappeared. No way! She is gone and not out of her own volition, IMO.

I just read this whole thread and have had a thought... Please be gentle.:blushing:
Ok, probably a dumb question but are checked baggage on international flights x-rayed? I can't get this terrible thought out of my head that possibly she could be in a checked bag that was never claimed in some unclaimed baggage warehouse.
Please someone tell me that could not happen! :truce:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member