Australia Australia - Novy Chardon, 34, Upper Coomera, Qld, 6 Feb 2013 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you marlywings! I couldn't get that out of my mind.:blushing::blushing::blushing:
I pray Novy will be found soon. I'm very concerned for her children. They must miss her terribly!:(

Sorry messed up posting and did it twice. Don't know how to delete a post once its submitted.

When thinking about the husband's initial comments that included: "She's done this sort of thing (disappeared) before, just not for such a long time" it makes me wonder whether Novy would go to a women's refuge or something if she was a victim of domestic violence - not this time but in the past.

In this scenario and with GoldCoastGirl letting us know that "....Novy as a wonderful, wonderful woman. Full of life. Everyone that knew her, loved her. She lived for her children. They meant the world to her" - she would probably have taken the children with her (to a refuge) - perhaps that is what is missing from this and what alerted police in the beginning?

I know a lady from the Philipinnes who was married to a much older Australian man and he treated her like rubbish and she ended up going with the children to a womens refuge. I don't have experience with these refuges but I would imagine there is guidance and education regarding options and legal advice etc. there.

I hope that all makes sense, I don't think I explained it all that clearly.

Just thinking out aloud. Didn't sleep well last night and had all of this going over in my head.:waitasec:

Mrs Aler has not heard from her son-in-law since Novy's disappearance and has not been able to see her grandchildren, even after Mr Chardon took them to Indonesia just after his wife went missing.
"I tried to call them at the hotel they were staying at, but reception said it was not possible to speak with them.

- See more at: http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...y-e6freon6-1226589487287#sthash.eEAjUaE1.dpuf

Snipped for space

The fact that Mr Chardon hasn't even tried to contact her (and has gone as far as to deliberately avoid contact even though they were visiting the country where she lives) is a HUGE red flag for me. Whether he was involved in the disappearance or not, I believe he knows more than he is letting on.

Usually I don't like to jump to conclusions, but even if he and Novy were going through a messy divorce, surely Novy's mother deserves at least a phone call to keep her in the loop. It's her daughter missing. And to not even let her see her grandchildren, who I am sure are terribly upset and confused by the whole ordeal (especially after being uprooted to another country), is absolutely horrible. It feels like he is trying to keep the children from talking to anyone, I think it's possible they may have witnessed something that Mr Chardon is trying to keep hidden (it may just be something as simple as a conversation or a visitor the night Novy went missing, but something that may be seen as incriminating).

JMO

I just read this whole thread and have had a thought... Please be gentle.:blushing:
Ok, probably a dumb question but are checked baggage on international flights x-rayed? I can't get this terrible thought out of my head that possibly she could be in a checked bag that was never claimed in some unclaimed baggage warehouse.
Please someone tell me that could not happen! :truce:

As Marlywings said, this is unlikely. Just from my experience in Australian airports, everything is scanned before flights. Including people! I nearly had to undress last week when my belt (attached to my shirt) set off the detectors. I'll be more mindful when I dress next time.

Just. Wow. This overbearing, unpleasant, self-centered man's first wife apparently overdoses (and I am just betting there's much more to it than that..). The second wife goes missing, presumed murdered the DAY she signs the divorce papers.

It just gets more damning, in my mind, as information comes to light. And I cannot believe the cops do not consider him a suspect. Makes me wonder how many cops he has in his pocket. Or if they're like, hiring especially stupid folks up north these days. Or (and I pray this is the case) they are waiting for him to slip up...

I would love to know who he saw in Indonesia, and why he did not take the children to see their grandmother.. Pig is just not strong enough a term for this bloke.

I am SO glad Novy's mother had a chance to speak to the media. Omg, that poor woman, losing her beautiful daughter after all the worry she must have had prior, and now can't see her grandchildren.

Mr. Chardon just made it to the top 10 of my "people I'd like to see eaten by sharks" list.

Just. Wow. This overbearing, unpleasant, self-centered man's first wife apparently overdoses (and I am just betting there's much more to it than that..). The second wife goes missing, presumed murdered the DAY she signs the divorce papers.

It just gets more damning, in my mind, as information comes to light. And I cannot believe the cops do not consider him a suspect. Makes me wonder how many cops he has in his pocket. Or if they're like, hiring especially stupid folks up north these days. Or (and I pray this is the case) they are waiting for him to slip up...

I would love to know who he saw in Indonesia, and why he did not take the children to see their grandmother.. Pig is just not strong enough a term for this bloke.

I am SO glad Novy's mother had a chance to speak to the media. Omg, that poor woman, losing her beautiful daughter after all the worry she must have had prior, and now can't see her grandchildren.

Mr. Chardon just made it to the top 10 of my "people I'd like to see eaten by sharks" list.

I think the police is just buying time ... waiting for more evidence, waiting for more info. They probably don't have enough to arrest anybody yet. I think they are being careful not to mess it up by arresting someone too soon, and without having conclusive evidence that she met with foul play. I thought of this case a lot when on Sunday I was doing my shopping at Woollies and I saw a man (65+) with a young Asian woman (30ish). She looked sad and had one of her hands on the trolley handle at all times, while he was pushing the actual trolley. To me it looked like she was totally subservient and under his control. It made me sick!!

It's such a hard topic to discuss (those sort of marriages) because, I think, it's difficult not to come off sounding prejudiced or stuck in stereotype thinking..

But it's just a fact that a large number of younger Asian women marry older Australian men - and as I said earlier, some of those marriages are for love. But many are also 'mutually benefical' - which is quite okay too, as long as everybody's relatively happy and harming nobody.

Problem is, not everyone's nice about it. People are taken advantage of on both sides.. As far as some of the men go, I must say yes -- I have perceived in a few cases a definite sense that the man thinks he 'owns' the woman. And in many ways, it's easy for a man with the money and power in a relationship to actually have that sort of hold on their partner (Asian or otherwise). And when the woman gets sick of being treated like a doormat and leaves, it's always -her- fault, and she's the one who's seen as doing the wrong thing...

This country is slowly changing and you'd think men like Chardon were a dying breed these days.. but there are plenty of them still out there using money to trap women into horrible relationships, and believing that the money means the woman owes them undying obedience.

Novy appears to be a good example of that.. And until opportunities for financial independence for South East Asian women improve in their own countries, I don't think things will change.

A month has gone by and still no news... I wonder what her poor children have been told about where their mum is

Come on!! Someone ows!! Fess up!

It just isn't fair to keep whatever happened to Novy a secret from her babies and her family!

It's such a hard topic to discuss (those sort of marriages) because, I think, it's difficult not to come off sounding prejudiced or stuck in stereotype thinking..

But it's just a fact that a large number of younger Asian women marry older Australian men - and as I said earlier, some of those marriages are for love. But many are also 'mutually benefical' - which is quite okay too, as long as everybody's relatively happy and harming nobody.

Problem is, not everyone's nice about it. People are taken advantage of on both sides.. As far as some of the men go, I must say yes -- I have perceived in a few cases a definite sense that the man thinks he 'owns' the woman. And in many ways, it's easy for a man with the money and power in a relationship to actually have that sort of hold on their partner (Asian or otherwise). And when the woman gets sick of being treated like a doormat and leaves, it's always -her- fault, and she's the one who's seen as doing the wrong thing...

This country is slowly changing and you'd think men like Chardon were a dying breed these days.. but there are plenty of them still out there using money to trap women into horrible relationships, and believing that the money means the woman owes them undying obedience.

Novy appears to be a good example of that.. And until opportunities for financial independence for South East Asian women improve in their own countries, I don't think things will change.

I do agree that there is a lot of happening and it is a way for these woman to get out of a life of poverty.......and of course for these old guys to get what they want.

But I have seen it work both ways beneficially. Here where I am you see it all the time....the old guy and the young "mail bride"......sorry to be blunt but that is what they are called by the Australian public, especially North in the farms around Cairns. We have a market here on sunday and they have a communal get together..........all the old guys sit together and all the women have their weekly get together, I know for a fact that some of the women are even related and it was a case of when one came out here to marry, she organized husbands for her two sisters.........so while I do feel sorry for some of these woman, alot of them also have very good lifestyles.

One of my best friends fathers left his family of wife and five children to marry a phillipino mail bride, as they were called back in the 80's when it was still quite an uncommon thing to do. He had a business, his new wife had a baby and talked him into leaving everything to her and his family.....he died of cancer a couple of years later and his old family were left being bought up in housing commission. My friend is very bitter about the whole episode. So really every story is different.

Saying that I do believe this guy is guilty......and I think it was about money and what she could get as a divorce settlement.

Bumping for Novy! May the truth come out and justice be served! I am shocked but not shocked, if that makes sense, to hear of a mysterious first wife. We have had some prolific cases in the US where first wife had a mysterious death too that no on questioned on top of the current wife. Scares me to think how some people have killed and go on living. How many people have secrets to hide?

I do agree that there is a lot of happening and it is a way for these woman to get out of a life of poverty.......and of course for these old guys to get what they want.

But I have seen it work both ways beneficially. Here where I am you see it all the time....the old guy and the young "mail bride"......sorry to be blunt but that is what they are called by the Australian public, especially North in the farms around Cairns. We have a market here on sunday and they have a communal get together..........all the old guys sit together and all the women have their weekly get together, I know for a fact that some of the women are even related and it was a case of when one came out here to marry, she organized husbands for her two sisters.........so while I do feel sorry for some of these woman, alot of them also have very good lifestyles.

One of my best friends fathers left his family of wife and five children to marry a phillipino mail bride, as they were called back in the 80's when it was still quite an uncommon thing to do. He had a business, his new wife had a baby and talked him into leaving everything to her and his family.....he died of cancer a couple of years later and his old family were left being bought up in housing commission. My friend is very bitter about the whole episode. So really every story is different.

Saying that I do believe this guy is guilty......and I think it was about money and what she could get as a divorce settlement.

This very thing happened to me. My father married a "mail order" Fillipino bride and he cut my brother and I off. When he passed away his whole family where disgusted that my brother and I weren't left anything of even our Grandparents who she had never even met. To add insult to injury the day after we buried my Dad she was spotted at a local bar all over another man.

He had also pocketed about $100k that was left to us by my Mothers family that he "stole" when my parents divorced in the 80's. He hid the money and she had no money for proper legal advice.

It is all about the money this one I'm sure of it.

Like I said - the good goes both ways - and so does the bad!!

It seems to me Novy gave the marriage her best shot for a lot more years than anyone I know would've given it. In light of the general impressions I have of the man - she must've been a saint to put up with him at all.

Did anyone see him poking his tongue out and smirking at the cameras in the news after he was interviewed by the police? Sonuva..

I still want to know why the police are so convinced she was killed. I can't find any new updates.. anyone got new news?

Been following this case. Very surprised Novy hasn't been found since.

As much as the husband appears to a pig, I really believe he didn't have anything to do with it. He's pathetic yes, but I don't see him capable as a killer. His daughters are of interest to me and I feel we are not getting the whole story from police. There is a lot more to this than is being reported and it may have nothing to do with the husband or his family. There is something else going on here, I just can't put my finger on it yet.

I reckon it was a hit.

And that's why he looked so damned smug after giving his DNA and being interviewed for 3 hours. No need for an alibi, if you weren't the one doing the job....

I so wish Novy's children had someone kind and caring to live with :(

Ausgirl - it seems as though the investigation has stalled...no new updates for ages. I am checking every day. I think you have a point with the hit theory. I didn't watch the clip of him leaving the police station, so I missed the smirks and tongue poking. But seriously, who does that given the circumstances? Could he be any less caring? I just hate the man.

GoldCoastGirl - I wanted to thank you for your post, sorry for the delay. I was hoping to hear from someone who knew her through the school. Everything you said was exactly right. It was good to know I wasn't the only person who thought John was strange. I can't believe he has the kids back at school. How are they coping? I feel so sad thinking about them, and how they must be feeling.

Novy may not have family out here, but there are still a lot of people who care about what happened to her and want to see justice done. The police may be working behind the scenes but it would be nice of them to consider the people who care and at least update the media - even if to say they haven't given up on finding Novy and solving this crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momo1