Australia Australia - Novy Chardon, 34, Upper Coomera, Qld, 6 Feb 2013 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The lack of 'publicity' for want of a better word, is deafening. Someone needs to spread the word - A Facebook Page, flyers etc. It would be nice if a friend or someone local could do this for Novy. I know her case has been shared by Aust Missing Persons Register but it hasn't been seen for a while now. People need to see her face.

Freya1977...not sure where you are when you say nobody locally knows anything about the case...but I am on the Gold Coast, where it happened, and a lot of people here look at me blankly when I talk about it. So that kind of tells you a lot about the coverage, I guess. I doubt anyone would NOT know about ABC

I'm on Brisbane Southside - so close enough that people would see it on the local news - which is where I did first see it :)

It was posted on the QPS Facebook page that they are still investigating. Sorry - the no leads part was my assumption...based on the fact that it has been out of the media for so long, and no arrest has yet been made. They may well have lots of leads that haven't gone anywhere yet.
At the risk of sounding a bit racist, I do wonder if maybe there is a bit of a bias. Novy 's disappearance has not received as much coverage as ABC's case, that's for sure. ABC was also found in a relatively short period of time - but not by search parties. If her disappearance had been ongoing for two months, would the searches and the coverage for her have dropped off also?
It makes me angry too Goldilox. Whether she was "Australian" or not, Asian or not, she's still a mum with two young kids who are wondering why mummy isn't coming home. She's still someone's daughter, sister, aunt, friend, whatever...and there's still a whole lot of people worried for her and her kids who want to know what has happened to her.

This is just my opinion. It probably no one follow up with this case, it seems forgotten (maybe? :waitasec:). Not sure if she has relatives who live here. Her kids is only a kid. Her husband seems didn't care about it. Stepdaughter? :dunno: If I'm not mistaken, looking at her facebook, even her friend debbie who reported her missing live in Sydney. I bet QPS has a lot of other cases. It's been 2 months already. Even if someone found her body, it will be beyond recognizable. I just hope she's just hiding somewhere, found a rich guy or something so she doesn't have to use her bank account and have a new mobile phone... :dunno:

This is just my opinion. It probably no one follow up with this case, it seems forgotten (maybe? :waitasec:). Not sure if she has relatives who live here. Her kids is only a kid. Her husband seems didn't care about it. Stepdaughter? :dunno: If I'm not mistaken, looking at her facebook, even her friend debbie who reported her missing live in Sydney. I bet QPS has a lot of other cases. It's been 2 months already. Even if someone found her body, it will be beyond recognizable. I just hope she's just hiding somewhere, found a rich guy or something so she doesn't have to use her bank account and have a new mobile phone... :dunno:

That is the opinion I have reading Novy's Friends Face Book pages where there is no or little mention about her which seems odd? and like you said even from her best Friend (there appears to be no Emotion).
Hopefully they may know something about her eg. like the Book or Movie - Eat, Pray, Love. She could be in Italy for 3 Months eating Pasta at present looking for a new life.

I've just removed the facebook links...please keep in mind the following from WS rules...

Social Networks

Social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player.

Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Gold Coast mother Novy Chardon missing for more than two months

April 22, 2013

GOLD Coast mum Novy Chardon would have turned 35 last Monday. But instead of celebrating with her, sad friends turned to her Facebook page to post heartfelt birthday messages to a woman they know in their hearts is almost certainly dead.
It has been more than two months since Mrs Chardon, a mother of two young children, went missing from her Upper Coomera home, sparking a large-scale murder investigation.

But police say that while leads have dried up, the investigation remains very active

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-than-two-months/story-e6freoof-1226625374606

Someone needs to teach Mr Chardon how to say 'no comment'

Contacted last week by The Sunday Mail, Mr Chardon said: "I don't talk to the media. I don't even read newspapers."

from marly's link above

bumping for Novy...

Someone/some people know what happened to her, I hate the thought of her children being without their mother, her family not knowing where she is and what happened to her.

May 14, 2013

There has been no sign of Gold Coast mother Novy Chardon more than three months after she disappeared.

Mrs Chardon, a 34-year-old home-based beauty therapist, was last seen leaving her Bridie Drive home in Upper Coomera on February 6.

Friends fear Mrs Chardon may not be found for a ‘‘long time’’.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...r-the-worst-20130513-2ji7o.html#ixzz2TFF5dpB8

This case is so frustrating. The police aren't giving anything away to the media, the media have little to report on and therefore don't. There is no information or even theories about what has happened or key places of interest (beside where the car was found & the home I guess)

IMO: it is very convenient to be out of the country when your wife is reported missing - the less scrutiny of your mental state and behaviour the better. Police can't see you face to face to become suspicious!

Can anyone suggest a good site for translating Indonesian (I assume?) to English? I have been using google but it struggles with the majority of what I am trying to translate

Sleepinoz, that article in Indonesian language is actually a translation from the one posted at courier mail.

Can anyone suggest a good site for translating Indonesian (I assume?) to English? I have been using google but it struggles with the majority of what I am trying to translate

Maybe Girl would do it for you if you asked or put the link up.

Hi Jamie233 Try this: http://sederet.com/ But you still have to edit the result :) I am happy to help as well ..... Hope there is a sign about Novy soon .....

Great eyes, tried finding a cached copy with no luck. I did find another source naming him though, just for posterity.

http://www.northweststar.com.au/story/1515791/missing-novys-husband-to-face-court/?cs=12

This link no longer works either.

I am hoping that the police have something up their sleeve here. Mr Chardon cannot escape on business trips for a little while, I hope they can use this time to piece together what has happened and find some answers for Novy's family.

Thanks and thanks Sarce but I don't think I would be allowed to post it on her as it is something from a friend's facebook. I tried the other site but still bits and pieces missing.

Thanks and thanks Sarce but I don't think I would be allowed to post it on her as it is something from a friend's facebook. I tried the other site but still bits and pieces missing.

Hi Jamie233, can you copy paste it here (not sure if that allowed :dunno:). Then I can translate it in English.

Hi Jamie233, can you copy paste it here (not sure if that allowed :dunno:). Then I can translate it in English.

Thanks girl, I have since had some help from another member to translate, I hope it is OK to say this, a friend of Novy's was interviewed by police last month, it didn't seem like she had much information but the police have been contacting friends of Novy's and interviewing them.

I am just glad that they are still working on this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
capturedlive