Australia Australia - Novy Chardon, 34, Upper Coomera, Qld, 6 Feb 2013 #1 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From your link Amee, you'll notice the date of Alex Bernhardt's tweet (see attachment below) was Wednesday 5 March. There was no interview yesterday or Wednesday for that matter. Alex tried to get the property owner to talk to her on Wednesday but he ignored her.

Click image to enlarge.

Oh No Sorry Everyone I should have taken note of the date. :facepalm:
Thanks Makara for picking it up.

Thanks SA - that's good to know the VIN can be on so many car parts. I never knew that (not that I'm planning on burying any car parts in the near future!). I so hope they find the VIN somewhere so more links can be made.

I do think there will be some very nervous people wondering how much the police found.

Usually on acres items are buried for land fill, tyres bricks etc. it's illegal now due to the environmental hazards. The oil, tyres fuel etc.

The Ford F100 series is a collectible car. We have a friend who purchased a bomb for $5,000 and is having it restored at a great cost. His F100 series is a 70's model & has a tub tray. I had a look on EBay and these trucks are going for $25,000 in restored condition, depending on the vintage. They are usually petrol guzzlers with big V8 engines. Not something you should bury, eh?
On Chardon's site he said he worked in a scrap yard, surely he'd know the handsome price that truck would get for scrap.
Trying to find the link but two neighbours saw the truck buried. The male neighbour said it was an old car which was laying in the yard, if that's the case it could be landfill but I doubt the local council would not be impressed due to the environmental hazards such as the oil, fuel, tyres etc.

Novy's possessions were high end items & I'm wondering if this is another life insurance murder.

Mrs Chardon's missing belongings, including:

* A red and a black suitcase;

* a black Chanel handbag with gold chain and gold 'C' logo;

* a beige leather Prado wallet;

* a dark vinyl make-up bag;

* brown 'bug-eye' sunglasses;

* a brown Louis Vuitton key wallet with Volvo key;

* a silver watch;

* Samsung Android tablet;

* iPhone
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...rdons-belongings/story-e6freoof-1226588609169

Quote:
According to her husband, she arrived home between 10.30pm and 11pm. Mr Chardon says he woke about 7am on Thursday February 7 to find his wife missing.
At 8.45am, he booked flights for his two children to join him on a pre-planned business trip to Indonesia. “I couldn’t find her. I couldn’t leave them home alone,” he told Fairfax Media.
The next day, he boarded a plane for Indonesia with his daughter and son.
It was a friend of Mrs Chardon’s from Sydney who reported her missing on Saturday, February 8.

Wonder if the reason why he took the kid to Indonesia because they might tell the police what happened that night? not because he couldn't leave them home alone. He could have his adult daughters watching them. He is in Indonesia by himself right now.

There must be a reason why they stopped digging. That property looks huge and for all we know Novy's body could be in a concrete slab. i wonder if they dug under the playground that was built there. i actually don't hold much hope of her body being found.

Quote:
According to her husband, she arrived home between 10.30pm and 11pm. Mr Chardon says he woke about 7am on Thursday February 7 to find his wife missing.
At 8.45am, he booked flights for his two children to join him on a pre-planned business trip to Indonesia. “I couldn’t find her. I couldn’t leave them home alone,” he told Fairfax Media.
It was a friend of Mrs Chardon’s from Sydney who reported her missing on Saturday, February 8.

Wonder if the reason why he took the kid to Indonesia because they might tell the police what happened that night? not because he couldn't leave them home alone. He could have his adult daughters watching them. He is in Indonesia by himself right now.

It has always struck me as very premature that the flights for the children were booked 1.45 mins after he found his wife 'missing'. He KNEW she was not ever going to be able to look after her children again. Yes, I believe it was to get the children away quickly. (de jevu - Baden
Clay children whisked off to school when mum was 'missing').

There must be a reason why they stopped digging. That property looks huge and for all we know Novy's body could be in a concrete slab. i wonder if they dug under the playground that was built there. i actually don't hold much hope of her body being found.

BBM. I agree Seabreeze. That playground apparently was erected within the last 12 months. I think what's under the shed in the backyard and the playground should be investigated.

I'm also wondering if Novy's belongings, as listed below in TGY's post, have also been buried somewhere?

Novy's possessions were high end items & I'm wondering if this is another life insurance murder.

* a silver watch;

* iPhone
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...rdons-belongings/story-e6freoof-1226588609169

Quote:

In this video clip (@04:50-05:03 in the clip): http://aca.ninemsn.com.au/article/8805441/police-try-to-track-novy-chardons-killer
Superintendent Hutchinson said "that* was booked around a quarter to eight and we know that around 9:15 he went down to the local Woolies and hired a carpet cleaner"
*that: tickets for his kids to join him on a trip to Jakarta

There is some confusion as to whether it was 07:45 or 08:45 he booked the tickets - perhaps it could be due to daylight saving time in NSW which isn't observed in QLD. The airline's system might show a booking time of 08:45 although local time in QLD was 07:45. Anyway, whether it was 45 minutes or 1h45 after he found Novy missing he booked the tickets for his kids, I would say it does raise suspicion that he is so quick to book tickets for the kids to join him on a business trip yet doesn't report his wife missing and doesn't ask any of her best friends if they know where she could be / what her plans are. The fact that he went down to hire a carpet cleaner - presumeably right after dropping the kids off at school, given the situation, tight schedule and business travel plans speaks for itself IMO(!).
I find it perfectly logical that he booked tickets for the kids if he knew she wasn't coming back EVER and expected hell would break loose within the next few days or weeks. Some extra thinking time away from authorities and perhaps an opportunity to adjust those poor kids memories might also have been very welcome in that situation.

Here the timeline as per my previous post:

• Wednesday, February 6, 2013
12.30pm Novy and friend Rika visited a solicitor in Southport and Novy signed divorce papers against her husband John Chardon
3pm Novy picked up her children Alex, 7, and Chanelle, 9, from school
3.06pm John Chardon was informed of the proceedings by email from Novy's solicitor
That night, Novy and her daughter went to a female friend's house to work on an affidavit related to the proposed divorce settlement.
8.50pm She dropped her daughter home before leaving to meet friends at a Runaway Bay restaurant.
9.05pm Novy and Rika fueled up at a Coomera BP and ordered McDonalds
9.30pm Novy and Rika visited Rika's husband at a Runaway Bay restaurant
Rika followed her to her car and Novy said "I'm fine, don't worry about me, you can go now". Rika waves goodbye to her, not knowing that it would be her last goodbye.
Novy leaves her friend to drive home.
10.30pm - 11pm Novy arrived home, according to her husband.
A neighbour has reported hearing the sound of a muffled gunshot from the house that night but apparently it was not unusual to hear loud noises from that house.
Throughout the day Novy was excitedly texting about a new website for her Beauty Business.

• Thursday, February 7, 2013
2am Police belive Novy's car was dumped at Bowden Court in Nerang
7am Mr Chardon says he woke up to find his wife missing.
7.45am Mr Chardon booked flights for his two children to join him on a pre-planned business trip to Indonesia. ‘‘I couldn’t find her. I couldn’t leave them home alone’’, he told Fairfax Media.
9.15am Mr Chardon made a trip to a Woolworths supermarket and hired a carpet cleaner.
Thursday evening: Rika, who had an appointment with Novy earlier Thursday and had been calling and texting Novy throughout the day with no replies, goes to Novy's house and meets Mr Chardon who says Novy just packed her bags and went.
Later Thursday night: Police have obtained CCTV footage and information from the forensic locksmith, the car's manufacturer in Sweden that shows the car was moved Thursday night. "We belive the vehicle was collected, driven away and returned about six minutes later and parked on the opposite side of the road"​

• Friday, February 8, 2013
A neighbour, Adrian Scott, said Mr Chardon had left the family home in a hurry on Friday night, not waiting for the garage door to fully open.
"He reversed so fast he took off the top of his car," Mr Scott said.
"He was definitely in a rush to get him and the kids to the airport."​

• Saturday, February 9, 2013
Debbie, a friend of Ms Chardon’s from Sydney, reports Novy missing after having tried to contact her for two days.​

• Sunday, February 10, 2013
A witness sees three people who appeared to be moving items from the car at Bowden Court in Nerang.​

• Monday, Febuary 11, 2013
6pm Ms Chardon’s Volvo SUV was found abandoned near Nerang train station on Bowden Court. The magnetic strips advertising her beauty business had been removed and her iPad was missing along with other personal belongings.​

Sources:
http://video.au.msn.com/watch/video/new-information-on-disappearance-of-gold-coast-mother/xbmxigm
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...nes-mark-grim-anniversary-20140205-321xo.html
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...her-novy-chardon/story-fnihsrf2-1226815278033
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/missing-gold-coast-woman-seemed-happy-20130212-2eb99.html
http://aca.ninemsn.com.au/article/8805441/police-try-to-track-novy-chardons-killer

As Superintendent Hutchinson has mentioned: "THERE IS SOMEONE OUT THERE WHO HOLDS THE KEY TO SOLVING THIS CRIME"
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...her-novy-chardon/story-fnihsrf2-1226815278033
Considering it took more than a year for neighbours to report a person who buried vehicles in his backyard there may still be someone out there who has seen, but not contacted police about:
  • A vehicle transporting a barrel, large box, plastic container, rolled carpet, a large plastic bag or similar, possibly with a heavy bulky item inside to/from Bridie Drive, Upper Coomera around February 6-8, 2013.
  • The driver and/or passengers of vehicles unloading or loading items at 93 Bridie Drive, Upper Coomera around February 6-8, 2013.
  • A black Volvo XC90 reg 860LTZ arriving at or leaving the address 93 Bridie Drive, Upper Coomera, stopping or driving at Kopps Road, Oxenford, enroute to or stopping at Bowden Court, Nerang from around 10pm Wednesday, February 6, 2013 to 2am Thursday, February 7, 2013.
  • The same black Volvo XC90 reg 860LTZ being driven or parked possibly within a 3 minute radius from Bowden Court, Nerang on Thursday night, February 7, 2013.
  • A white Ford F100 ute loading or unloading items at or around Bowden Court, Nerang from around 11pm Wednesday, February 6, 2013 to Monday, February 11, 2013
  • Anyone loading or unloading items from a black Volvo XC90 at or around Bowden Court, Nerang, February 7-11, 2013.
  • A white Toyota Hilux ute reg 694JHW arriving at or leaving the address 93 Bridie Drive, Upper Coomera from around 4pm Wednesday, February 6, 2013 to Friday night, February 8, 2013.
  • A black Toyota Land Cruiser 200 Sahara V8 reg 769KYR arriving at or leaving the address 93 Bridie Drive, Upper Coomera from around 4pm Wednesday, February 6, 2013 to Friday night, February 8, 2013.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or crimestoppers.com.au.

(note: address from http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...-of-novy-chardon/story-e6frg6n6-1226845215559)
(note: Toyota Hilux information from "7News - Missing Novy's husband finally home" on YouTube)
(note: Toyota Land Cruiser information from http://aca.ninemsn.com.au/article/8805441/police-try-to-track-novy-chardons-killer @02:04)

NBaE0.jpg
IMG_0441-WinCE1.jpg

QBYpG.jpg

iocw3.jpg

444837-f3031512-a390-11e3-b9af-c51380e50fb4.jpg

I'm also wondering if Novy's belongings, as listed below in TGY's post, have also been buried somewhere?

* a silver watch;

* iPhone

It wouldn't surprise me either if her belongings are buried somewhere except I'm thinking more along the lines of buried in Indonesia.

How convenient & easy it would have been for him to pack them all in with their luggage when he took off with the kids to Indonesia.

It wouldn't surprise me either if her belongings are buried somewhere except I'm thinking more along the lines of buried in Indonesia.

How convenient & easy it would have been for him to pack them all in with their luggage when he took off with the kids to Indonesia.

Wouldn't surprise me at all.

It's a shame they didn't bring in more than the machine that only seems to pick up metal - I think there is a lot more buried in that yard.

It has always struck me as very premature that the flights for the children were booked 1.45 mins after he found his wife 'missing'. He KNEW she was not ever going to be able to look after her children again. Yes, I believe it was to get the children away quickly. (de jevu - Baden
Clay children whisked off to school when mum was 'missing').

Wonder if JC told the kids that "Mummy has fallen down a hole and won't be coming back." He might have been mentored by Baden-Clay.

Wouldn't surprise me at all.

It's a shame they didn't bring in more than the machine that only seems to pick up metal - I think there is a lot more buried in that yard.

The issue lies with the fact that search warrants are usually issued with a very narrow scope of investigation, in this case the warrant would have been to locate the F100 ute (or parts thereof) buried on the premises. Once that has been located, that's it, no more searching or excavating allowed. They can't go 'well we think this person is sus, let's just dig up the whole backyard and see what we find'. There needs to be specific intelligence before a warrant is issued.

Obviously if evidence of further offences had been uncovered while looking for the ute then they could broaden their search but police obviously have very specific information that none of us are privy to and the ute was all that they were after, at this stage anyway.

The way that the media releases have been worded, and of course I'm just speculating here, it appears to me that locating the ute may have been more an exercise in testing the credibility of the evidence given at the inquiry. I can't remember the exact wording but the statement was something along the lines of 'we think we know why the vehicle was buried there, we just want to confirm our suspicions'. I'm not sure that the evidence uncovered is the smoking gun (although of course evidence is evidence), but it may well lend credibility to the version of events heard at the inquiry. If there was any shred of evidence that a body may be located on the property, I guarantee that they wouldn't have stopped at looking for the ute. They would have got a warrant to search for a body, personal belongings or anything else connected to the case.

Reading between the lines I think they know exactly what happened to Novy, but I highly doubt she was buried at the Mt Nathan property.

Oh Marley! How big & heavy were the suitcases he took! Surely not the weight of a small little lady like Novy. Nah, that would be impossible?
Nothing with these murderers would surprise me anymore.

Did he take a boogy board?
Bad TGY.

Oh Marley! How big & heavy were the suitcases he took! Surely not the weight of a small little lady like Novy. Nah, that would be impossible?

Bad TGY.

I've missed you TGY :floorlaugh:

Bad TGY.

Well at least we know that he didn't put the F100 through as hand-luggage.

<modsnip>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member