Australia Australia - Novy Chardon, 34, Upper Coomera, Qld, 6 Feb 2013 #1 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
THE husband of missing Gold Coast woman Novy Chardon was busted with a stun gun when he returned from an overseas business trip today, police say.
Sources said Customs officials found the taser in Mr Chardon’s luggage at Brisbane Airport after he flew in from Singapore on a 7.15am flight.
He was detained for more than an hour at the airport as officials searched his baggage and questioned him.
http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...brisbane-airport/story-fnj94idh-1226847619499

Same link:
THE Mt Nathan property where police dug up car parts this week, as part of an investigation into the disappearance of mother Novy Chardon, has been raided by officers before.
The criminal record of David Babbington, who lives in the Eden Park Court home that officers this week declared a crime scene, shows that police found methadone at his house when they searched it in 2010.
Babbington later pleaded guilty to possessing methadone and was given a good behaviour bond.
His criminal record, dating to 2006, also showed Babbington has been found guilty of assaulting and obstructing police in the past.
The Bulletin believes that police linked Babbington to the Chardon case after he was spotted meeting with Novy’s husband, John Chardon, during a covert police operation.
about 2.30pm yesterday police packed up their excavation gear and left the home. During their stay, they picked through the house and garage, appearing to find a taser.

From Good's link above ^^^^

Most of the white ute, which was the same make and model of one spotted near where Mrs Chardon’s car was dumped at Nerang 13 months ago, was finally found yesterday — after more than two days of digging.
Police will continue looking for the rest of the utility elsewhere after ground-penetrating radar experts scanned the yard and ruled out the possibility that there were more parts lying beneath the surface.

Mr MacCallum said Babbington met Mr Chardon through a “mutual friend”, but said his client had denied any knowledge or involvement with Mrs Chardon’s disappearance.

So, they are going to look for the rest of the ute elsewhere - but they have most of it already.

It sounds as if their source of information may be singing like a bird. :crossfingers:

So that's two tasers in the same case in two days.
Coincidence? perhaps
Quality men? sure:)
I wonder who John was going to use that taser on?
It really makes sense that he and his daughter has shared custody over the kids, doesn't it?

THE husband of missing Gold Coast woman Novy Chardon was busted with a stun gun when he returned from an overseas business trip today, police say.

The criminal record of David Babbington ...<snipped>..... During their stay, they picked through the house and garage, appearing to find a taser.

RSBM

"It fits in your back pocket, can make calls and give off a 650k volt shock that can stop a man in his tracks.
A US company this month has started shipping what is being marketed as the ''world's first stun gun'' iPhone case. But according to Australian Customs it has been detecting similar illegal devices coming into the country for more than 12 months."

"Figures obtained by Fairfax Media show that a minimum of 88 mobile-phone-like stun guns were detected last year although Customs concedes that due to its reporting procedures the figure could be much higher."

"A total of 2600 stun devices - illegal in Australia - were uncovered at the nation's borders last year hidden in nearly 1200 shipments."

http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/...-as-mobiles-20130316-2g7fz.html#ixzz2vHdPIM00

I've seen a taser which looks just like a mobile phone. It's rechargeable, no wires, small & packs one hellova painful punch. Can't see them on EBay anymore but this was purchased approx $50 about 18 months ago. Apparently it makes you feel safe.

not me!!! My best friends dog has one :floorlaugh:

I've seen a taser which looks just like a mobile phone. It's rechargeable, no wires, small & packs one hellova painful punch. Can't see them on EBay anymore but this was purchased approx $50 about 18 months ago. Apparently it makes you feel safe.

not me!!! My best friends dog has one :floorlaugh:

I can't even imagine a reason for needing a taser here in Oz ... especially if you were a guy. A person would have to move in some pretty scary circles to want one IMO. Same with illegal guns. Why on earth did Chardon 'need' those?!

(ETA: I don't include your best friend's dog in this opinion, TGY. It is obvious that she may need a taser to keep all those sniffing dogs away :) )

24fky95.jpg

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...brisbane-airport/story-fnj94idh-1226847619499

So has Chardon been charged with possession of a taser? Tasers and pepper/OC spray are classified as category R weapons. The maximum penalty is seven years imprisonment. How come this leads such a charmed life?$. Similarly, if the search of Dave Babbington's house uncovered a taser, as has been reported, has he also been charged? And if not, why?

Evidence extracted from secret Crime and Misconduct Commission &#8220;star chamber&#8221; hearings &#8211; where witnesses are forced to give evidence of crimes under threat of jail &#8211; is believed to have led police to the Mt Nathan address.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...e-in-back-garden/story-fnihsrf2-1226846475603

Wow!

I wish we (in America) had the equivalent to Australia's secret Crime and Misconduct Commission "star chamber" hearings...!!!

:please:

RSBM

"It fits in your back pocket, can make calls and give off a 650k volt shock that can stop a man in his tracks.
A US company this month has started shipping what is being marketed as the ''world's first stun gun'' iPhone case. But according to Australian Customs it has been detecting similar illegal devices coming into the country for more than 12 months."

"Figures obtained by Fairfax Media show that a minimum of 88 mobile-phone-like stun guns were detected last year although Customs concedes that due to its reporting procedures the figure could be much higher."

"A total of 2600 stun devices - illegal in Australia - were uncovered at the nation's borders last year hidden in nearly 1200 shipments."

http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/...-as-mobiles-20130316-2g7fz.html#ixzz2vHdPIM00

It imagine we can all guess on whom Mr. Chardon could have used his handy dandy stun gun phone ...

But... Something tells me he has made a few enemies in his life...(as he does seem to lack social manners...KWIM?).... So he may feel he needs protection...too...

:waitasec:

Something tells me he has made a few enemies in his life...(as he does seem to lack social manners...KWIM?).... So he may feel he needs protection...too..
Let's hope that's the explanation. That COULD be the reason why the illegal firearms charges didn't appear already 13 months ago as I would imagine he would have been charged earlier if police had found weapons during their searches of his home and business shortly after Novy disappeared.

Unfortunately my gut feeling tells me he has a desire to influence or pressurise victims (past or present) - or witnesses for that sake.

if the search of Dave Babbington's house uncovered a taser, as has been reported, has he also been charged? And if not, why?
"During their stay, they picked through the house and garage, appearing to find a taser. No charges have been laid in relation to the dig."
Well, it doesn't exactly say no charges in relation to the house search either but they might be playing it safe at the moment - hoping they can collect enough serious charges to justify the damage done to his property. I believe there's a large intelligence effort being made that we might not know too much about which could also influence how and when charges will be laid.

Even though damage was caused to his yard during the dig police are now responsible for bringing it back to what it was before they started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!