Australia Australia - Novy Chardon, 34, Upper Coomera, Qld, 6 Feb 2013 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of all the cases on WS, this one is in my top two cases that frustrate me the most (Kylie Blackwood being the other one).

This is suspected of murdering and disposing of his beautiful much-younger wife .. presumably to protect his assets and keep them all for himself.
He is charged with child-rape and molestation, yet Novy's young children are still housed with him.
He is charged with possessing illegal firearms, yet Novy's children are still housed with him.
He is caught trying to bring an illegal stun gun into the country, yet Novy's children are still housed with him.

Get those young children away from him!! :gaah:

I often think of Novy's family in Indonesia, how bereft and helpless they must feel with no sign of Novy's body and the children in the hands of people they do not trust.

I also do not know *how* a man on child sex charges still has custody of the children of his murdered wife.... when HE is the lead suspect! And for all anyone knows, the kids could have witnessed something essential to the case...

I get the feeling Chardon has several friends in high places.

Is Chardon in court tomorrow?

Not on today's court list either. :sigh: Maybe later this week?

http://www.courts.qld.gov.au/__external/CourtsLawList/SouthportCourt.pdf?nocache=1

And perhaps they do not put child sex cases on the court list to protect the person that was a child at the time of the offense? I know that they suppressed all mention of the victim and victim's family when the charges were laid.

I hope he is in court today/this week .. followed by jail very soon after. :jail:

The trial is supposed to last for 5 days.

"JOHN Chardon, the husband of missing Gold Coast woman Novy, will face a five-day trial in July on historical rape and child molesting charges.

As the anniversary of his wife Novy's disappearance looms, Chardon was nowhere to be seen at the Southport District Court as his case was scheduled to begin in the week of July 14."

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...-charges-in-july/story-fnje8bkv-1226814876596

Thanks for that nowvoyager.

"The jury has been told they would hear a recorded police interview in which Chardon claimed the girl had propositioned him for sex when she was 15 but he checked with his lawyer who informed him sex with a minor was illegal."

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...ith-his-daughter/story-fnje8bkv-1226988521330

UGH!!! Who does that? Check with their lawyer?! What a repulsive individual.

So now we know she was a friend of one of his daughters.

Omg, I wonder what Novy endured during that marriage.. and what she might have discovered about this horrible man she married.

I would SO be there, if I was close enough. Glad this is underway.

Thanks for that nowvoyager.

"The jury has been told they would hear a recorded police interview in which Chardon claimed the girl had propositioned him for sex when she was 15 but he checked with his lawyer who informed him sex with a minor was illegal."

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...ith-his-daughter/story-fnje8bkv-1226988521330

UGH!!! Who does that? Check with their lawyer?! What a repulsive individual.

So now we know she was a friend of one of his daughters.

Omg, I wonder what Novy endured during that marriage.. and what she might have discovered about this horrible man she married.

:thud: Oh hello <lawyer>, good ole law-abiding John Chardon here. You know ... this minor child wants to have sex with me. Yes I'm sure, she told me so. Friend of my daughter. She is only 35 years younger than me. Finds me very appealing. Is it legal if I comply?

Well, I believe him :no:

What a complete arse he is. :rolleyes:

Is he REALLY expecting us to believe that a 15yo would proposition THIS:

875265-c967c6aa-8a16-11e3-85d7-942429ef91ee.jpg

Like we're meant to believe he doesn't know what happened to his wife, I suppose.

Novy's car was found a 5 minute drive away from where those bones were found according to Google maps.

Uggh. What a revolting old sleaze.

Do they get urban foxes up there? We found one dead in the drain outside our house a few years back. Just wondering because one article said "large enough to be human" which might mean they're relatively small.

We'll know soon enough.

My best mate from uni, who unlike me finished her forensic anthropology degree, works for QLD Police these days. Just realised she might get this call.

Omg, imagine though - if Novy's found right now. The timing could not be more perfect.

(except ofc it'd have been better if she was found right away... but you know what I mean..)

Novy's car was found a 5 minute drive away from where those bones were found according to Google maps.

Wow. Her family might have answers - & the week he goes to court too. That's REALLY close & the smaller bones would move through the drain system with storm water. This will be an awful recovery. They'll have to start where the car was found & use cameras to follow the way the water flows through every twist & turn underground.

At least it's not summer, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member