Australia Australia - Peter Falconio, 28, Barrow Creek, NT, 14 Jul 2001

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Then there's this tonight :facepalm:

Newsdotcom - Read More:

:twocents: I think he's down the bottom of a mine shaft to be honest ...

Unbelievable! Three years ago? Were the police ever informed about this before it was filmed? The 'powers that be' need to get off their *advertiser censored***s and pump that well now! I feel it's all a bit hinky that this hasn't been done already.

Thanks for the update Figtree and I agree with you that Peter Falconio's remains could be in that well or, as you say, down a mine shaft. Thinking logically, if Peter was in fact shot and then bundled into the killer's vehicle, he (the killer) would not want to be driving too far with a dead body would he? It was too dark to locate an out of the way place, dig a hole and bury Peter. Too much hard work with a torch and shovel. The easiest option (especially for someone who knew the area) was to dump Peter Falconio's body down a well, and apparently there are many on that station. Problem solved!

I still don't understand what the motive was for killing Falconio, other than it may have involved drug deals and/or distribution. So payback or retribution of some kind. But then again, we really don't know if Peter Falconio was murdered that night and if was the case, why remove his body at all? That is the key question in all of this. Did any of it really happen? That is the other burning question that we all need a truthful answer to.

How does Paul Jackson know that Peter Falconio was shot in the back of the head? If Falconio was indeed shot, it could have been to any part of his body.

I really hope they do find Peter Falconio's body and a gun in that well. Hopefully the owner of the gun can be traced and will put to rest once and for all what actually happened to Falconio and the true identity of his killer.

BBM:
http://au.news.yahoo.com/today-tonight/lifestyle/article/-/21152315/falconio-breakthrough/

I hope they find him too.
My suggestion would be to look for the well or the mine shaft which has been badly disturbed by digging around or into (on the surrounding properties) - or has been filled in. There's always signs somewhere.
I'd hope anyone who thought of dropping Peter into a well or somewhere of great depth - couldn't get him out even if they tried - which means there's still a chance of finding him.

I hope they find him too.
My suggestion would be to look for the well or the mine shaft which has been badly disturbed by digging around or into (on the surrounding properties) - or has been filled in. There's always signs somewhere.
I'd hope anyone who thought of dropping Peter into a well or somewhere of great depth - couldn't get him out even if they tried - which means there's still a chance of finding him.

My suggestion would be a little more leftfield...

Forget about finding Falconio for now and bring the whole thing back to basics. A "cup" of blood is not indicative of a fatal injury - so from my understanding, it cannot be relied upon legally as a confirmation that a death has even occurred.

Therefore, for all intents and purpose of the law, there is nothing to justify this being a confirmed murder case, apart from Joannes statement of hearing a gunshot, behind the car out of her sight, in the dark. It's shakey evidence at best.

Then there is the well discussed holes and discrepancies throughout the case, coupled with feasible suggestions of corruption and business partnerships gone sour in a trade where winner keeps all.

Basically, to save me typing war and peace on my mobile phone, I'm saying that reasonable doubt existed to a level whereby I don't believe he should have been found guilty - the DNA evidence again, was not significant enough to prove a death had occurred and short of completely throwing out the flimsy case for a murder charge being prosecuted in favor of a lesser charge such as attempted abduction or a deprivation of liberty type offence, there simply isn't enough certainty or clarity in this case to send a man to jail for the rest of his days.

I've been really interested in this case from the start, prior to the guilty verdict even. I'm going to type up a storm when I get hold of my laptop shortly :)

Oh - on a thread related side note, I would strongly advise everyone to view the Derryn Hunch special news bulletin video on my user profile. Derryn has a Hunch about sexual deviots like those being discussed in this thread. Enjoy!

I've been really interested in this case from the start, prior to the guilty verdict even. I'm going to type up a storm when I get hold of my laptop shortly :)

Welcome Derryn. Have you got your laptop yet? I'm looking forward to reading your thoughts on this case.

three years?? must been a deep well... all the way through to Sicily ?? :facepalm:

Still current ...with a multi million contract with a media outlet :twocents:

Attachments

• poster.png
    poster.png
    60.9 KB · Views: 37
I've been told this thread is closed, but it doesn't look like it to me!! Very odd! I must have been told wrong!

I've been told this thread is closed, but it doesn't look like it to me!! Very odd! I must have been told wrong!

Who told you that Josephine? If Websleuth's are intending to close a forum they will usually announce it prior to doing so.

Attachments

• 10006925_805274259501545_32935318_n.jpg
    10006925_805274259501545_32935318_n.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 41
Somebody on a similar thread on another website... no problems... I can see its still alive.

they wish ...
the truth out there... is there worry...
I hope those sleepless nights continue ...
its a shame that children and the gullible are preyed on...

Falconio murderer withdraws appeal

4:00pm March 7, 2014

Lawyers for Bradley John Murdoch, convicted of murdering British backpacker Peter Falconio, have withdrawn an appeal against his conviction.

All decisions on submitting and withdrawing appeals had come from Murdoch himself, a spokesman for his lawyers said.
He denied that Murdoch had withdrawn his appeal due to having a weak case.

"Not at all," the spokesman said.

"It's certainly not over yet. There's more to come."

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/2014/03/07/14/55/falconio-murderer-withdraws-appeal

I would like to know why the appeal was withdrawn!

"Mr Wild said he was glad to hear the appeal had been withdrawn.

"Relieved isn't the word for that; I'm pleased," he told "

as his big mouth.... could not help itself..

"Every dog hath his day" ...

Recently it's been noticed that the Document relating to Bradley Mudoch's Appeal contains a reference to the police walking South for 1k from the 'incident' site and locating the Kombi hidden in the bush.
Is there anyone here who has heard this before...that the Kombi was South....in any other documents, books, articles etc.?
I've found a reference on another website where someone noticed this but it seems it wasn't really looked at in depth.

Recently it's been noticed that the Document relating to Bradley Mudoch's Appeal contains a reference to the police walking South for 1k from the 'incident' site and locating the Kombi hidden in the bush.
Is there anyone here who has heard this before...that the Kombi was South....in any other documents, books, articles etc.?
I've found a reference on another website where someone noticed this but it seems it wasn't really looked at in depth.

Hi Daphne,

are you referring to Brad Murdoch's most recent appeal? The one that was subsequently withdrawn? (And I'd really like to know the reason for the withdrawal). I must admit that I've not seen any documents relating to any of Murdoch's appeals but would love to. Do you have a link?

In all of the books I've read on this case, (I've read all of them at least three times) it has always been stated that the Kombi was found not far north of the alleged incident. It really does intrigue me why the Kombi was supposedly moved by the alleged attacker from the side of the road to where it was found. Or was it? It's always seemed to me that it was a nice snug place off the highway for Peter and Joanne to settle down for the night. But how would they have found that place? How would anyone find that place unless they were familiar with the area?

There is something just not right about this case. The two main scenario's that I've come up with so far are;

1. Brad Murdoch, off his brain on a cocktail of drugs while travelling north in the Territory, became paranoid and in turn was convinced that Peter Falconio and Joanne Lees were following him in their bright orange Kombi. Murdoch had a large cache of drugs on board and he may have felt that he was the target of theft or worse. Unbeknown to Murdoch, Falconio and Lees were just two English tourists, not the least bit interested in him or his drugs. They didn't know him from a bar of soap.

It has been established that Murdoch was in the general area at the time of the alleged attack. Did he engage in a game of leap-frog up the highway with the Kombi, eventually becoming the one following? Seizing the opportunity on that long, straight stretch of the Stuart Highway and under the cover of darkness, Murdoch flagged down the Kombi on the premise that he'd seen sparks coming from its exhaust pipe. That's always a great way to persuade someone to pull over isn't it?

According to what I've read to date, there has never been any mention of Brad Murdoch displaying violence towards women. Quite the opposite in fact. He was acquitted of the rape charges in South Australia and rightly so in my opinion. I believe that Hepi set him up with that one. More probably out of spite than anything else and the woman and the pimp involved were paid handsomely by Hepi for their trouble.

Murdoch, believing that he was being followed by the orange Kombi didn't bargain on the fact that one of the passengers was a woman. He more than likely thought that the driver of the Kombi and any passengers onboard were males. Peter Falconio pulled over and walked back to speak to Murdoch, who in his drug addled mind and seething with rage shot Falconio and fully intended to take care of any other men who were in the Kombi. He didn't bargain on Joanne Lees. After telling her to turn off the ignition (he eventually did that, Joanne was apparently shaking too much to do so), he fumbled with the homemade handcuffs, the tape and whatever else to get her in the back of his vehicle but he really didn't know what to do with her. He couldn't bring himself to shoot her but what the hell was he going to do with her? He'd just killed her boyfriend and had to get rid of his body. In the interim, Joanne had climbed from the back of Murdoch's vehicle and fled into the scrub. In a half arsed and still drug addled effort, Murdoch searched for her but he had to keep moving, had to get out of there. Now this is where it all gets a bit murky with me. Did Murdoch load Peter's body into the Kombi and drive to Neutral Junction, not too far down the road, dispose of Peter's body down a well or elsewhere on the property, return to the scene and park the Kombi where it was found and then depart in his own vehicle? Or did he use his own vehicle to transport Peter's body to Neutral Junction?

In the above scenario there was no motive, other than paranoia brought about by drugs. There was however the means and opportunity.

2. Joanne Lees killed Peter Falconio in a fit of rage and has successfully convinced the courts that it was Brad Murdoch who killed Peter and who also attacked her. She just went with the flow of the investigation and changed her story to suit any new (so called) evidence as it came to hand, all the while avoiding any interviews with the media. She always left that chore to someone else. Her mental state was even questioned by more than one investigator!

Joanne's description of her alleged attacker changed dramatically from what she initially told the police who attended at Barrow Creek hours after the incident to the ensuing committal hearing and ultimate trial of Brad Murdoch.

There were reports by more than one witness that Joanne and Peter had a blazing argument while the were staying in Alice Springs. (Joanne has denied this). It was also reported by a witness that Joanne was antagonist towards Peter at one stage, even lashing out physically at him by punching him in the back.

It would seem that everything came to a head in Alice Springs. The raging argument. Joanne physically attacking Peter. The purchasing of separate airline tickets to independent destinations by both Peter and Joanne. Something happened to spark this chain of events and I believe his name was Nick Riley, aka Steph the secret lover Joanne had met in Sydney. The same man she emailed shortly after Peter was reported missing, telling him she was looking forward to meeting up with him in Berlin. The same man she told they would name their first daughter Stephanie. Joanne had lied to Peter, telling him that once a week she was staying overnight with her friend Steph, while all the while she was in Nick Riley's bed. Had Peter discovered Joanne's deception and given her an ultimatum - him or me? Or had Peter simply told her to just piss off? I think that's possible. But if Joanne did indeed kill Peter Falconio, how did she do it? Did she act alone or did she have an accomplice?

In the above scenario, Joanne Lees had the motive, means and opportunity to kill Peter Falconio.

And then there are all the grey areas in between. Was there a crazy homicidal maniac roaming the highways of the Territory? Were Peter and Joanne running drugs and fell foul of their suppliers?

And the list goes on.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Merythe
Back