Australia Australia - Prabha Kumar, 41, Parramatta, NSW, 7 March 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yeah that's the entry into Park Parade. That's what my very first comment with the map stated.

Parramatta park wasn't mentioned anywhere. I can't understand the confusion here.

What's funny is even Webslueths have got it wrong lol. All is good though.

PRABHA Arun Kumar,stabbed to death 300m from home - Parramatta Park, NSW

Lol the thread title, the daily telegraph, and the map you posted all say parra park, not that it's particularly important, just annoying.

Map of the Parramatta Park attached. Park parade cuts through Parramatta park and is part of the park whether you like to agree or not. That's why everywhere people are referring to the spot as Parramatta park. Because it is. Though Park parade is at the left end of the park.

It didn't happen right in the middle of the park, just at the left end.

image.jpg

I can't see any lighting here...

I'm sorry to say there is no way I'd be walking alone down there late at night.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 103
Buses appear to leave regularly from Parramatta station.
Police will be checking all bus timetables & their cameras, Argyle Streets's shops, buses & train CCTV cameras along the route Prabha took.
Even though she walked the dark walkway through the park, there should be cameras all along Argyle. Also she would have walked past the big Westfield centre which would have cctv cameras.

Cameras will unearth the perp....I'm remembering Jill Meagher.

http://www.transitsystems.com.au/sydney/pdf/timetables/806_Timetable.pdf

It's not creepy at all in the daytime and yes, technically, it's still supposed to be part of Parramatta Park although the 'real' park enclosure is on the other side of the tracks. There is an Israeli style self-defence school (krav maga) at the top of the hill on the other side of the small carpark in the big building. If only a bunch of the students had just come out of a class and were able to stop the attacker :(

I had no idea that was still part of parramatta park. You learn something new every day ;)

Buses appear to leave regularly from Parramatta station.
Police will be checking all bus timetables & their cameras, Argyle Streets's shops, buses & train CCTV cameras along the route Prabha took.
Even though she walked the dark walkway through the park, there should be cameras all along Argyle. Also she would have walked past the big Westfield centre which would have cctv cameras.

Cameras will unearth the perp....I'm remembering Jill Meagher.

http://www.transitsystems.com.au/sydney/pdf/timetables/806_Timetable.pdf

And they have at least one point of description, being that the killer was described as "huge", to help whittle things down.

"CCTV systems are fitted to all buses, with the latest system including four inward facing cameras and one forward facing camera."

I remember a woman was punched while standing at a bus stop and the incident was captured by a onboard bus camera which was designed to view the door and footpath.

My point is if some buses drove by as Prabha was walking maybe the cameras caught a snipit of someone walking as well or someone getting off to walk that pathway home.
We'll cross our fingers for a fast arrest.

http://www.statetransit.info/75sta/facts-figures.htm

Hubby & I walked around that area today and I managed to take some photos.
Also on Argyle Street there are a couple of businesses with CCTV installed and there is a traffic camera high above the intersection.
As I walked up the steep hill there was a golf course to the right and several bench seats along the way & I noticed some lights along the path. There were many flowers where Prabha was first stabbed because the concrete path was blood stained but just a couple of meters further up, the concrete had a larger stain to where I think she fell and bled copiously.
I laid some flowers from people who care from websleuths.
I'll try to upload the photos later.

Here's some photos.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 44
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 48
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 53
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 54
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 61
A couple more....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 37
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 35
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 40
No you don't have to do that. Unfortunately it is Prabha's reality. I haven't seen any updates. I hope this doesn't go silent and unsolved.

In this clip I am really surprised there wasn't anyone else around Parramatta Station when Prabha was leaving considering it is a major connecting railway and usually there are more people catching cabs or running for lifts after work.

When I was there today I had a strong feeling the murderer lived up towards the houses where Prabha was going. Just a strong feeling I had.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...r-over-the-phone/story-fni0cx12-1227254133596

TGY, thanks so much for those photos! Yes, the first one with the faded blood stain is especially sad... I find there is something odd about what happened to Prabha. There was no other form of assault and that stab wound to the neck just seemed very targeted ie. with the aim of killing her. We read of murders and attempted murders every other day, and often there are multiple stab wounds or the wounds are in more than one place - chest, stomach, back etc. And that's usually when there is some link between the victim and perpetrator, so more often than not, some planning involved. But this on the one hand is so random (apparently) and yet the stabbing so 'pointed'. Doesn't the neck have one of the main arteries? That's probably why there was so much blood loss. Whoever it was, mentally ill or otherwise, they would have done their research and known where to stab a person!

TGY, thanks so much for those photos! Yes, the first one with the faded blood stain is especially sad... I find there is something odd about what happened to Prabha. There was no other form of assault and that stab wound to the neck just seemed very targeted ie. with the aim of killing her. We read of murders and attempted murders every other day, and often there are multiple stab wounds or the wounds are in more than one place - chest, stomach, back etc. And that's usually when there is some link between the victim and perpetrator, so more often than not, some planning involved. But this on the one hand is so random (apparently) and yet the stabbing so 'pointed'. Doesn't the neck have one of the main arteries? That's probably why there was so much blood loss. Whoever it was, mentally ill or otherwise, they would have done their research and known where to stab a person!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne
Back