Australia Australia - Prabha Kumar, 41, Parramatta, NSW, 7 March 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Could be a thrill killing like the murder of Eunji Ban of Brisbane. :no:

EUNJI Ban was the victim of a random thrill killing, dying at the hands of a Brisbane teenager who had fantasised about murder since he was a child, police will allege.
Police will allege Alex Reuben McEwan believed from childhood he would grow up to be a killer - often dreaming about it or drawing pictures of savage murders.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...red-in-Brisbane-CBD/page3&highlight=Eunji+Ban

They got the wrong guy Ausgirl, killer is still at large. :(

Oh no...

Probably just coincidental timing for these attacks, or one killer was 'inspired' by the other. But I had a moment, wondering if it's the same guy travelling interstate. The crimes are so similar, is all.

Prabha's Aussie experience - skydiving in 2012. Just a lovely picture of a woman who seemed to have had a fun-loving, bold and carefree personality. No wonder she did not worry too much about taking that dark stretch to get home that night. She was brave.

RIP Prabha, hope the person who took your life so unfairly gets caught soon. Justice must be served. It is not fair to take away someone's life just like that, leaving a world of misery and a huge void for her little daughter and family.

This story has touched me deeply, and the more I read about Morgan Huxley's murder, I'm thinking perhaps Prabha was also stalked and attacked by a mentally ill person. Taking into account Melbourne's park stabbing as well. Humans are so cruel. If you're mentally ill you need to get help. People around the mentally ill person must take responsibility for that. If someone says they have an urge to kill, that must be taken seriously. It's not something that's going to go away, just like that.

prabha.jpg

Oh no...

Probably just coincidental timing for these attacks, or one killer was 'inspired' by the other. But I had a moment, wondering if it's the same guy travelling interstate. The crimes are so similar, is all.

I thought the same. There is always copycat behavior. If this was the same guy going on a killing spree, then he will be caught soon. Because this time there's some CCTV footage of him.

Criminals do flee from one place to another pretty quickly so that they don't get caught. Kind of like how Kate Malonyay's boyfriend left Sydney after killing her and was in a hotel in the Gold Coast within days.

I was having a discussion elsewhere last week, regarding the desperate need for better mental health services for men..

Problem with psychopaths (like Morgan's killer) is that their sick fantasies often aren't obvious to the people around them. Also, in Morgan's case, you can see how Kelsall frightened several other victims but they didn't go to police (probably b/c they're men.. but that's another topic) so his behaviour stayed secret. Anyway, there's lots of killers whose families had no idea, which is pretty terrifying.

I was watching a doco on psycopathic, sadistic pedos last night (as one does.. heh) and the doctor discussing one guy noted that there's no cure, no treatment, and treating them as one would for other mental illness/behavioural stuff can actually make them worse. She basically admitted defeat on the topic of what to do with them. The guy in question was a pillar of his community, outside his house (which was horrific, what went on there). He even had a house decked out for torturing kids in, and no-one knew.

How do we protect ourselves against people like that. What do we do for them, or to them, when they're caught.

Big questions. Too big, it seems, for any kind of solution any time soon.

I thought the same. There is always copycat behavior. If this was the same guy going on a killing spree, then he will be caught soon. Because this time there's some CCTV footage of him.

Criminals do flee from one place to another pretty quickly so that they don't get caught. Kind of like how Kate Malonyay's boyfriend left Sydney after killing her and was in a hotel in the Gold Coast within days.

Or that guy who murdered the poor Chinese lady at the botanic gardens here - he immediately started hitching interstate, was picked up by two young girls (scary!) who IIRC called the police. If they had not, he'd have been gone... and god knows what else he might have done.

I was having a discussion elsewhere last week, regarding the desperate need for better mental health services for men..

Problem with psychopaths (like Morgan's killer) is that their sick fantasies often aren't obvious to the people around them. Also, in Morgan's case, you can see how Kelsall frightened several other victims but they didn't go to police (probably b/c they're men.. but that's another topic) so his behaviour stayed secret. Anyway, there's lots of killers whose families had no idea, which is pretty terrifying.

I was watching a doco on psycopathic, sadistic pedos last night (as one does.. heh) and the doctor discussing one guy noted that there's no cure, no treatment, and treating them as one would for other mental illness/behavioural stuff can actually make them worse. She basically admitted defeat on the topic of what to do with them. The guy in question was a pillar of his community, outside his house (which was horrific, what went on there). He even had a house decked out for torturing kids in, and no-one knew.

How do we protect ourselves against people like that. What do we do for them, or to them, when they're caught.

Big questions. Too big, it seems, for any kind of solution any time soon.

I agree. It's not that straightforward. And no matter how close we get to detecting dangerous signs, treating the mentally ill and keeping them from harming others, there will always be new humans with dark minds being born elsewhere. As long as there are humans, there will always be mental illness, and mental illness that goes unchecked until it's too late.

Or that guy who murdered the poor Chinese lady at the botanic gardens here - he immediately started hitching interstate, was picked up by two young girls (scary!) who IIRC called the police. If they had not, he'd have been gone... and god knows what else he might have done.

Agree! Scary when you think about it really. Because there could be so many of them walking among us.

I agree. It's not that straightforward. And no matter how close we get to detecting dangerous signs, treating the mentally ill and keeping them from harming others, there will always be new humans with dark minds being born elsewhere. As long as there are humans, there will always be mental illness, and mental illness that goes unchecked until it's too late.

Fortunately, the people capable of these crimes are in the vast minority. I think because we have a concentration of attention on murders here, it can seem a lot more common than it. Plus, a bigger population is inevitably going to mean more killers among us, along with more of everybody else.

While it's horrible these things happen, and not to be flippant about it in any way shape or form, the fact is these crimes are still uncommon, or as common as ever were (try reading up on this sort of attack during the 19th Century some time! It's been happening forever..and every bit as horribly - and frequently, pretty much).

I have to focus on this, as I refuse to become terrified to live in my own community or home.

Fortunately, the people capable of these crimes are in the vast minority. I think because we have a concentration of attention on murders here, it can seem a lot more common than it. Plus, a bigger population is inevitably going to mean more killers among us, along with more of everybody else.

While it's horrible these things happen, and not to be flippant about it in any way shape or form, the fact is these crimes are still uncommon, or as common as ever were (try reading up on this sort of attack during the 19th Century some time! It's been happening forever..and every bit as horribly - and frequently, pretty much).

I have to focus on this, as I refuse to become terrified to live in my own community or home.

:goodpost:

I definitely agree.

We wondered about that too Keshi, especially my daughter. If Prabha had just been stabbed in the neck deep enough to sever an artery, how did she tell her husband that she had been stabbed? Scary times. Hefty men in my area have been getting some suspicious looks from me lately. I went for a jog yesterday for the first time since the stabbing (not near PP though) and every time a large male on a bike went past me or I saw some random large man especially in a park area, I turned around to make sure he wasn't turning back. It's unfortunate but don't feel safe with this person still out there.

Could she have been working on something sensitive in nature? A military contract perhaps? I think that might be a good angle to pursue with no other discernible motive and such a 'professional' style of killing her. Then again, if that were the case, I doubt they'd choose a public park to do such a thing.

I don't know that she was stabbed anywhere other than the neck? My understanding is that she uttered those words to her husband just after she was stabbed as I remember reading he said that there were some kind of gurgling or moaning sounds coming from her after that and then the phone went dead.

I don't know that she was stabbed anywhere other than the neck? My understanding is that she uttered those words to her husband just after she was stabbed as I remember reading he said that there were some kind of gurgling or moaning sounds coming from her after that and then the phone went dead.

Xantara yes, neck and throat. Her throat was slit. Shocking, vicious, horrible!

And that is probably why her body *in the coffin* had a thick scarf around her throat that covered that area. Here's the article that stated her throat was slit. Hence my question earlier in this thread about her last words to her husband.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...-to-step-forward/story-fni0cx12-1227259495324

We wondered about that too Keshi, especially my daughter. If Prabha had just been stabbed in the neck deep enough to sever an artery, how did she tell her husband that she had been stabbed? Scary times. Hefty men in my area have been getting some suspicious looks from me lately. I went for a jog yesterday for the first time since the stabbing (not near PP though) and every time a large male on a bike went past me or I saw some random large man especially in a park area, I turned around to make sure he wasn't turning back. It's unfortunate but don't feel safe with this person still out there.

Could she have been working on something sensitive in nature? A military contract perhaps? I think that might be a good angle to pursue with no other discernible motive and such a 'professional' style of killing her. Then again, if that were the case, I doubt they'd choose a public park to do such a thing.

Good point.

Her autopsy results revealed her throat was slit by a sharp object. Which means she could not have spoken at all after that happened. Which also means she had to have uttered those last words before her throat was cut and that means she was saying those last words during the scuffle? I don't get it. How can anyone who just got attacked by a dangerous criminal who is also battling with him while being stabbed viciously talk on the phone let alone realise where her phone was? Your daughter is right. That is why I asked that question earlier on in the thread. The article below about the autopsy:

http://www.ndtv.com/diaspora/hundreds-pay-homage-to-murdered-indian-techie-746754?site=full

Not sure what kind of project she was working on. But I read somewhere that she last went to Rhodes to meet a client on that fateful day, but her office is in The Rocks. Whatever the motive was it looks like someone wanted to make sure she was dead. Hence her throat was targeted. If it was a random attack I'd have thought another area of the body would have been stabbed. Just thinking out loud.

Btw please don't go out jogging alone at night mims! I'm extra careful now myself. I don't let fear affect my day to day life, but we would be foolish if we put ourselves in danger knowing what's out there. I don't live in Parra but a girl was attacked at 7pm on a Sat right in front of my house 2 Winters ago! She did not die but she was seriously injured and sexually assaulted at knife point. She was apparently in hospital for months. She was also coming back from work. And the street I live in is a moderately busy, well lit street. If you're going out at night, take someone with you.

That walkway is long and steep leading up to houses. There was a number of CCTV cameras on the offices along Argyle Street. If the police haven't had any success with footage of him following her from the station then I'm thinking he was at the top of the walkway watching her walk up towards him. He may even live close by.

The pavement had been pressure blasted for about 7 metres leading up to the first large amount of blood then the largest was approx 4 metres further up.

Prabha may have been injured, ran a bit and he attacked her twice again. She had the time to tell her husband.

Was it Prabha that disconnected the phone?

That walkway is long and steep leading up to houses. There was a number of CCTV cameras on the offices along Argyle Street. If the police haven't had any success with footage of him following her from the station then I'm thinking he was at the top of the walkway watching her walk up towards him. He may even live close by.

The pavement had been pressure blasted for about 7 metres leading up to the first large amount of blood then the largest was approx 4 metres further up.

Prabha may have been injured, ran a bit and he attacked her twice again. She had the time to tell her husband.

Was it Prabha that disconnected the phone?

The attacker may also have been hiding in the park and appeared as soon as she stepped on to Park Parade. So he may not have been captured on CCTV at all, unfortunately.

Good thinking there @ Prabha may have been injured, ran a bit .. ..

According to her husband's a account of it, he was talking to her for awhile, then he heard her being attacked, then the sounds of a scuffle, then screams for help, then her pleading with the attacker to take anything he wanted and not to kill her, then the last words to her husband before the phone going dead. In that order, according to the articles so far:

"She was walking while talking to Arun over the phone when she said that a suspicious-looking man was following her," Mr Jayachandra told the paper.

"The next moment, he heard her scream for help and then plead with the man not to harm her and take all her belongings if he wanted. Seconds later he heard her scream and say she was stabbed.

"The call was cut abruptly."

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/parramatt...utes-before-fatal-attack-20150309-13z84d.html

The attacker may also have been hiding in the park and appeared as soon as she stepped on to Park Parade. So he may not have been captured on CCTV at all, unfortunately.

Good thinking there @ Prabha may have been injured, ran a bit .. ..

According to her husband's a account of it, he was talking to her for awhile, then he heard her being attacked, then the sounds of a scuffle, then screams for help, then her pleading with the attacker to take anything he wanted and not to kill her, then the last words to her husband before the phone going dead. In that order, according to the articles so far:

"She was walking while talking to Arun over the phone when she said that a suspicious-looking man was following her," Mr Jayachandra told the paper.

"The next moment, he heard her scream for help and then plead with the man not to harm her and take all her belongings if he wanted. Seconds later he heard her scream and say she was stabbed.

"The call was cut abruptly."

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/parramatt...utes-before-fatal-attack-20150309-13z84d.html

TGY actually re-reading my own comment here, and the article's description of it again in association with your last comment 'was it Prabha that disconnected the phone?', I'm thinking could she have received her final fatal injuries to her throat AFTER she said those last words to her husband, and the attacker disconnecting the phone?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne
Back