Australia Australia - Prabha Kumar, 41, Parramatta, NSW, 7 March 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
TGY actually re-reading my own comment here, and the article's description of it again in association with your last comment 'was it Prabha that disconnected the phone?', I'm thinking could she have received her final fatal injuries to her throat AFTER she said those last words to her husband, and the attacker disconnecting the phone?

I agree Keshi, why would you disconnect your only lifeline, especially your husband let alone thinking and looking at the phone to hang up under such trauma. Maybe just dropping the phone disconnected the call, but I doubt it.
I never heard if Prabha had been robbed of anything.

I'm really concerned with all these random stabbings.

Good call on the killer maybe disconnecting the phone, Keshi. Do we know whether her phone was smashed? That may account for the call cutting out, if he didn't hang it up himself.

Reading the sequence of events is sickening:

Prabha's walking while talking to her husband
- she notices that a suspicious looking man is following her
- she screams for help --- I'd suppose this is when he approaches her, probably already brandishing a knife
- Prabha pleads with the man not to harm her and offers him her belongings -- she thinks it's a robbery
- seconds later, she screams and tells her husband she's been stabbed -- nowhere immediately fatal since she can still manage to speak a few words
- hubby hears gurgling noises -- her attacker has quickly cut her throat, a fatal wound
- the phone cuts out -- the killer has broken it or turned it off

Imagine how terrified she must have sounded.

If you imagine a large man standing over her, knife in hand, perhaps she's backing away a bit from him and he lunges in -stab- and she says she's been stabbed, then he lunges again, or gets her from behind as she tries to run..

What I'm not seeing is any mention of the killer's voice - or was there, and I missed it?

Good call on the killer maybe disconnecting the phone, Keshi. Do we know whether her phone was smashed? That may account for the call cutting out, if he didn't hang it up himself.

Reading the sequence of events is sickening:

Prabha's walking while talking to her husband
- she notices that a suspicious looking man is following her
- she screams for help --- I'd suppose this is when he approaches her, probably already brandishing a knife
- Prabha pleads with the man not to harm her and offers him her belongings -- she thinks it's a robbery
- seconds later, she screams and tells her husband she's been stabbed -- nowhere immediately fatal since she can still manage to speak a few words
- hubby hears gurgling noises -- her attacker has quickly cut her throat, a fatal wound
- the phone cuts out -- the killer has broken it or turned it off

Imagine how terrified she must have sounded.

If you imagine a large man standing over her, knife in hand, perhaps she's backing away a bit from him and he lunges in -stab- and she says she's been stabbed, then he lunges again, or gets her from behind as she tries to run..

What I'm not seeing is any mention of the killer's voice - or was there, and I missed it?

Yes that's exactly how I pictured it last night when I commented here last. That is what may have happened. Otherwise there's no way she could have uttered those last words to her husband. Good sequencing and inference Ausgirl, well done.

About her phone being smashed or not, I don't really know. But quite a few articles recently suggested her valuables and phone were intact.

"They have found Prabha's handbag with valuables and mobile phone intact.."

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...rior-sexual-assaults/articleshow/46523618.cms

This leads me to think maybe the attacker didn't want to touch her belongings in case he left fingerprints or some kind of clue behind, accidentally? But he'd have touched her to attack her. I'm wondering if that contact left any clue on Prabha's body (be it DNA or anything else). I also think that during the scuffle and injuring her, the attacker would have got some of Prabha's blood on him/his clothes. Although he may have destroyed that evidence by now.

Ausgirl I can't even imagine the terror she had gone through all by herself that night! It's horrible, there are no words. Poor thing. Wish there was someone out there to save her!! Some miracle. I keep thinking. :(

And I found a link to a video of her last rites. It was quite beautiful.

Ok, so maybe that means he took it with him? Maybe b/c his fingerprints were on the phone? Or fear she had video going?

Hopefully they can track it.. tho I suspect he'd have made sure it won't be found.

Ok, so maybe that means he took it with him? Maybe b/c his fingerprints were on the phone? Or fear she had video going?

Hopefully they can track it.. tho I suspect he'd have made sure it won't be found.

No I'm pretty sure Aus police stated her phone was intact and they found it. Maybe the police did not give the phone to the family because they probably want it for further investigations.

I don't think the attacker would have taken the phone with him. If he did, the police would have already tracked him.

After reading about the girl who was killed in melbourne, i thought these kinds of stabbings could also be ice related. Not inherent mental illness but effects of people going crazy on meth.

Oh good point, X! Didn't even think of that. It used to be rare here - not anymore.

Ben Fordam 2GB received message from a nurse from Westmead Hospital saying witnesses saw a man with a knife trying to get into a nurse's car but luckily she had her doors locked. A message was sent to all nurses to park closer to the hospital.
Westmead Hospital is no far from where Pradha was murdered.

Ben Fordam 2GB received message from a nurse from Westmead Hospital saying witnesses saw a man with a knife trying to get into a nurse's car but luckily she had her doors locked. A message was sent to all nurses to park closer to the hospital.
Westmead Hospital is no far from where Pradha was murdered.

Was this on the same night Prabha was attacked? If so why wasn't it reported to the Police then and the man with the knife arrested?

Hunt for attacker after Syd nurse targeted

March 26, 2015

CCTV footage catches a lone figure in a nurse's uniform strolling down a busy Sydney road late on Wednesday night.

SHE follows the Pacific Highway bend at Crows Nest and turns onto Falcon St, heading home after her shift at North Shore Private Hospital.

Minutes later, the 28-year-old woman is grabbed by a stranger in a terrifying abduction attempt, with the nurse later telling police her attacker covered her mouth and tried to force her into the boot of his silver or grey sedan.

She hits him in the groin, prompting him to release his grip.

http://www.news.com.au/national/bre...bduction-attempt/story-e6frfku9-1227279242745

Hunt for attacker after Syd nurse targeted

March 26, 2015

CCTV footage catches a lone figure in a nurse's uniform strolling down a busy Sydney road late on Wednesday night.

SHE follows the Pacific Highway bend at Crows Nest and turns onto Falcon St, heading home after her shift at North Shore Private Hospital.

Minutes later, the 28-year-old woman is grabbed by a stranger in a terrifying abduction attempt, with the nurse later telling police her attacker covered her mouth and tried to force her into the boot of his silver or grey sedan.

She hits him in the groin, prompting him to release his grip.

http://www.news.com.au/national/bre...bduction-attempt/story-e6frfku9-1227279242745

Scary and quite incredible. I walked down that exact street just a few hours earlier on my way home from work that day!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jayrider129
Back