Found Deceased Australia - Russell Hill, 74, & Carol Clay, 72, Wonnangatta Valley, 20 Mar 2020 #4 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you hear that someone came across the blackberry sprayer before the guy who searched on horseback? If so, how close to the time of RH & CC's disappearance did that other person see the blackberry sprayer? The key point I was making was that, if the horseback search guy was the first to speak to the blackberry sprayer, that would have been about 6 days after they disappeared.

I heard about the blackberry sprayer ages ago, long before the Under Investigation programme.

Did you hear that someone came across the blackberry sprayer before the guy who searched on horseback? If so, how close to the time of RH & CC's disappearance did that other person see the blackberry sprayer? The key point I was making was that, if the horseback search guy was the first to speak to the blackberry sprayer, that would have been about 6 days after they disappeared.

I don't know the answer to your questions, but I think Satchie's post from a previous thread raises some interesting points.

Australia - Australia - Russell Hill, 74, & Carol Clay, 72, Wonnangatta Valley, 20 March 2020 #2

Thanks, that is interesting. On the blackberry sprayer, he told the horseback searcher, when he met him about 6 days after RH and CC disappeared, that he was in the area that day and saw RH & CC and the drone.

I am not sure if he saw them, but I think we assume that he is the person who was complaining about the drone flying over his campsite.

And wasn't it also him who said the drone belonged to Russell?

Because the UI episode then questioned how it's possible to know who the drone belonged to.

I haven't really been able to establish where that came from. About the annoying drone belonging to Russell. I think it might have been an assumption. imo

I haven't really been able to establish where that came from. About the annoying drone belonging to Russell. I think it might have been an assumption. imo
It comes from a statement in the UI video, the question is asked: Did the worker say specifically it was Russell's drone? Searcher says yes, he was convinced Russell flew it over his campsite Friday night.

Starts just before 21:00

Also, maybe some of us were wrong in deciding that with the time constraints of fading daylight and setting up camp Russell would have been unlikely to try out his drone that evening. Did the worker say what time the drone was up, and what the light was like then?

Also, maybe some of us were wrong in deciding that with the time constraints of fading daylight and setting up camp Russell would have been unlikely to try out his drone that evening. Did the worker say what time the drone was up, and what the light was like then?
Surely Russell, being an experienced camper, would himself be the type to be upset if HE saw a drone flying around and disturb others. I don’t t believe he was flying it at dusk/evening IMo

The making of a boogeyman: Why we're quick to believe stories about people we don’t understand

Amongst the media coverage surrounding the missing people in the Victorian High Country, one particular theory has surfaced again and again; a man responsible for it all.
If they want to make out an exclusively psychological explanation for the suspicion of Button Man, they need to address and diminish the reported facts that connect him to the case. Perhaps some are wrong. That the previous week Russell was flying his drone near the intersection of King Billy and Bluff tracks and that Button Man has an enduring campsite there. That Button Man eventually admitted seeing Russell and Carol in the valley when they arrived there on 20 March, and that is some 18km in a straight line from his campsite. That makes him one of the last people to see them.

It comes from a statement in the UI video, the question is asked: Did the worker say specifically it was Russell's drone? Searcher says yes, he was convinced Russell flew it over his campsite Friday night.

Starts just before 21:00

I saw that tonight and when Ivan Millat was mentioned I realised it's not difficult to hide/bury bodies for many years or never to be recovered, ever.

No Cookies | Herald Sun

The missing Wonnangatta campers case has been marred by mystery — now there’s suggestion of a thermal imaging and high-powered rifle mishap.

After a slow start in March last year, the police have chased down the best leads while monitoring “people of interest” to see if any splash of publicity loosens lips about the missing campers.

So far, there have been stories about the unidentified 4WD, an identical drone to Russell Hill’s being found — and, perhaps oddest of all, two apparently new shovels located in scrub near a road near Mt Hotham, 80kms from the vanished pair’s campsite.

It turns out that a longtime Deadline contact was second at the scene of the camp in the Wonnangatta valley back in March last year. Our man (let’s call him Mick) was on a camping trip with his young son, Billy the Kid, grandson of a well-known mountain cattleman.

Forgive me if this has been previously discussed. The drone angle has me curious. If Russell's drone was up, even for a short test flight, this could be the trigger if one or more individuals were doing something illegal nearby and assumed that the drone had captured video of their activity, even if it had not.

No Cookies | Herald Sun

The missing Wonnangatta campers case has been marred by mystery — now there’s suggestion of a thermal imaging and high-powered rifle mishap.

After a slow start in March last year, the police have chased down the best leads while monitoring “people of interest” to see if any splash of publicity loosens lips about the missing campers.

So far, there have been stories about the unidentified 4WD, an identical drone to Russell Hill’s being found — and, perhaps oddest of all, two apparently new shovels located in scrub near a road near Mt Hotham, 80kms from the vanished pair’s campsite.

It turns out that a longtime Deadline contact was second at the scene of the camp in the Wonnangatta valley back in March last year. Our man (let’s call him Mick) was on a camping trip with his young son, Billy the Kid, grandson of a well-known mountain cattleman.

What does ‘longtime Deadline contact’ mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bloocheez