Found Deceased Australia - Russell Hill, 74, & Carol Clay, 72, Wonnangatta Valley, 20 Mar 2020 #5 *charges*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I posted last about campsite spot argument possibly as LE suggested I was actually thinking of what you are suggesting here. I wouldn't be surprised either. Reminds me of the possible "Smiley Face Killers" sort of thing but a single individual here (?). The more remote the more chances to not be discovered and tracks covered. The fire in the tent makes me think maybe he sat in those chairs, possibly. Maybe the deer carcasses were a rouse to throw LE off. I wonder if Russel let the perp. get close and was friendly, unknowingly what was about to take place? That would be heartwrenching IMO. Russell would have tried to calm a fight he wouldn't have engaged in angering. Maybe he lured them away from the campsite, but then he would have to come back for the sleeping bags. I'm sorry I can't see this as anything but an act of barbarity as in Serial killer type of way. I've pondered the possible scenarios but with Russel's character it just doesn't happen IMO. The drone footage can be erased so Russel would have said so and thus the end of the conflict and continue camping peacefully. Russell could have shown the perp that he was erasing footage so I can't see anything else but barbarity, here. Its so very sad this scenario but I think this is it.
Perhaps RH & CC caught GL doing something on their drone or in person that could have put him away for years. Does GL have a burial ground in the area for past victims?.

What do you mean when you say you "have a decreased amount of sympathy" for RH & CC because they were "breaching the trust of others" in having a secret affair? Do you think that makes it more acceptable that they were murdered?

Further I have a decreased amount of sympathy for RH & CC because they were both breaching the trust of others and in RH case his own wife's trust.

Takes me back to GBC.
“I’m a little bit hurt, but I’m ok”

[Hi, I don’t say a lot, as I don’t always feel I’ve got a lot to add, but I enjoy reading all your analyses on cases (for as long as my stomach allows) and the GBC trial was one I was glued to because…justice for Alison
I’d like to say more - maybe one day!]

I've always struggled with the accidentally killed during an altercation scenario.

Firstly, because I'm not aware of any other accidental death case where 2 people are killed one after the other. Seems unusual.

Secondly, accidentally killing not 1 but 2 people AND hiding the bodies, setting fire to the evidence, and not coming forward. A normal person who accidentally kills would be wracked with guilt.

Thirdly, the sleeping bags are missing. Presumably they were used to transport the bodies.

Now, I've never tried this but I imagine it would be very difficult to get a deceased person into a sleeping bag. I guess you could unzip the bag flat and roll the body on.

But why bother. Why not just load them up? IMO it makes more sense that they were in their sleeping bags when they were killed. They might not have been asleep but keeping warm whilst reading a book.

If they were killed in their sleeping bags then that would explain the fire. Destroy any blood, DNA. JMO.

Pure speculation.

Can any legal minds speculate on why he won't face court until May? Police say it's complicated. But assuming he's confessed and cooperated and told them where to find the bodies, what could be complicated?

We can’t assume he’s confessed but it’s quite possible that he’s cooperated to some extent. Other reasons for the delay are:
  • The courts are clogged by delays caused by Covid.
  • Courts are closed for the Christmas break from 20 December to the end of January.
They're still investigating and have a lot to do, but we don't know what they know.

They need to find the person who bought the trailer.
They need to locate the bodies.
If they find them, autopsies will need to be performed to establish the manner and cause of death.
They have to be able to place him at the crime scene.
Even if DNA evidence is found at a crime scene, it doesn’t necessarily implicate someone without other corroborating evidence.
So far there don't appear to be any witnesses who saw him at the campsite, only in the area.
They may want to look into the death of his first wife.
They may want to consider if he's committed other murders.

This is just off the top of my head but it's very late and I really need to get some sleep.

I don't know that expression. Not accusing him of anything here at all. I guess I can say it creeps me out.

It means overly involved in sensual pleasures, such as eating, drinking and sex, to the point that one looks unhealthy.

It's been in use long before modern drugs were at play in society.

Intemperate. First use in this meaning is about 1640, in France and it has since become part of English.

He looks debauched to me too (skin texture and color looks as if alcohol has destroyed the tiny capillaries, but that's just a guess). I'm guessing sex is not his main addiction though.

I've always struggled with the accidentally killed during an altercation scenario.

Firstly, because I'm not aware of any other accidental death case where 2 people are killed one after the other. Seems unusual.

Secondly, accidentally killing not 1 but 2 people AND hiding the bodies, setting fire to the evidence, and not coming forward. A normal person who accidentally kills would be wracked with guilt.

Thirdly, the sleeping bags are missing. Presumably they were used to transport the bodies.

Now, I've never tried this but I imagine it would be very difficult to get a deceased person into a sleeping bag. I guess you could unzip the bag flat and roll the body on.

But why bother. Why not just load them up? IMO it makes more sense that they were in their sleeping bags when they were killed. They might not have been asleep but keeping warm whilst reading a book.

If they were killed in their sleeping bags then that would explain the fire. Destroy any blood, DNA. JMO.

Pure speculation.

You're thinking like an average joe. Not someone whos a hunter, kills animals regularly, watches them breath their last, butchers them etc. I think It's easy to see an *accidental* death with RH for any variety of reasons (fight over drone, drone catches illegal activity, camping spot, GL drunk shooting, GL hunting, etc) and poor CC, aware or not is collateral damage to someone who obviously doesn't want to be caught. She would be silenced on purpose. It's not that hard to pull a sleeping bag up. It's like pulling a pillowcase up a stiff pillow.

Sleeping bags stop leaks. Less mess, less chance to get caught.

Will genuinely be surprised if he sold the trailer instead of burning it.

Painting the 4wd twice since 2016 also odd, interesting to see what comes up with that.

Can any legal minds speculate on why he won't face court until May? Police say it's complicated. But assuming he's confessed and cooperated and told them where to find the bodies, what could be complicated?

DNA lab results?

Russell and Carol’s remains might not be found if they weren’t buried.
I believe fires have been through there and scavenging animals.
Burial might have preserved them.

“I’m a little bit hurt, but I’m ok”

[Hi, I don’t say a lot, as I don’t always feel I’ve got a lot to add, but I enjoy reading all your analyses on cases (for as long as my stomach allows) and the GBC trial was one I was glued to because…justice for Alison
I’d like to say more - maybe one day!]

Yes we got justice for Allison didn’t we hon. Help us find justice for these two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momo1